October 09, 2023
2532 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2735 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Any events, cons and meetups can be posted here. There is a link to our Member Map in your PROFILE menu.

Gen Con Roll Call

More
09 Aug 2010 23:40 #70388 by Gary Sax
Replied by Gary Sax on topic Re:Gen Con Roll Call
I visited Atlanta in Spring and I still haven't seen him with a tanktop either!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Aug 2010 00:30 - 10 Aug 2010 00:34 #70390 by billyz
Replied by billyz on topic Re:Gen Con Roll Call
Last Alchemist wrote:

billyz wrote:

Okay, so what's up with comic sans?

When Richard and I first started talking he asked me if I had played Defenders of the Realm yet. I said no, but that i was interested in trying it out. I also happened to mention that I thought the use of the Comic Sans font in the design was a lazy choice on the part of Eagle. After that every time Richard would attack me in Cosmic he would say it was the Comic Sans ships coming to attack.

I would say it was one of those "you had to be there" moments, but you were Billy, right on the other side of me.

Missed seeing you after that first night buddy. Hope you had a good rest of the Con.

Dan

Fucking right I was there. I was there as you gingerly bent me over a barrel and shoved a hot poker up my ass and let Richard get the win. You fucked up Dan, and now there will be no escaping the Righteous Fury(patent pending) of my junk punch the next time we meet.

I'm gonna go off on a little tangeant here- so all of you keep up. Have any of you Atlanta boys ever noticed how some of nicest guys down your way are also some of the most skilled backstabbing gamers you could ever bend over and pick up a bar of soap around?

Go ahead and ask Gary Sax about Dan Baden. For those of you who don't know, Dan Baden looks like the kind of guy who wouldn't burn a red light, at three in the morning, in a town who's population doesn't break the century mark. And as soon as you drop your guard BAM!!!!! You just got played.

And then there's Richard Launius. If Richard ever walks up to me and says, "Billy, did you know that I can shit knickels?" I just might fucking believe him. There's just something about that man's demeanour that oozes honesty and kindness- until he sticks that knife in your back like it always belonged there.

The funny thing they both have in common is that you never wind up hating them for fooling you aferwards. Me? I screw someone over at a gametable and they'll remember it 'till their dying day. And pay me back sevenfold.

Their Kung Fu is strong. There is much to leak from these men.

And then there's Richard Launius. If Richard ever walks up to me and says, "Billy, did you know that I can shit knickels?" I just might fucking believe him. There's just something about that man's demeanour that oozes honesty and kindness- until he sticks that knife in your back like it always belonged there.

The funny thing they both have in common is that you never wind up hating them for fooling you aferwards. Me? I screw someone over at a gametable and they'll remember it 'till their dying day. And pay me back sevenfold.

Their Kung Fu is strong. There is much to leak from these men.

P.S: I was going to mention Frank Branham, but Avery's already all over that.
Last edit: 10 Aug 2010 00:34 by billyz.

More
10 Aug 2010 09:19 - 10 Aug 2010 09:22 #70398 by Last Alchemist
Replied by Last Alchemist on topic Re:Gen Con Roll Call
billyz wrote:
[q]Fucking right I was there. I was there as you gingerly bent me over a barrel and shoved a hot poker up my ass and let Richard get the win. You fucked up Dan, and now there will be no escaping the Righteous Fury(patent pending) of my junk punch the next time we meet.[/q]

I think I owe Avery a few Junk Punches from the Con so I would like to trade my deserved junk punch in at a 2 to 1 ratio, for my Avery junk punches. That should wipe my books clean, and have Avery owing you two junk punches.

BTW, I didn't let Richard win, the fucker had the perfect card draw at the end to just hose everyone.

Fuckshit I love Cosmic.

And I am in the same boat as you on the backstabbing. I don't think I have ever backstabbed anyone in a board game, but everyone expects me to do it to them, so they don't even trust me enough to enter into alliances unless I have them in a vice. Like I always tell people I won't ever stab you in the back, I will stab you while standing in front of you.

That is why my friends say I am a "Board Game Villian."

Dan
Last edit: 10 Aug 2010 09:22 by Last Alchemist.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds