October 09, 2023
2532 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2731 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Any events, cons and meetups can be posted here. There is a link to our Member Map in your PROFILE menu.

Any FATties going to Essen'10?

More
15 Oct 2010 09:13 #76777 by Bulwyf
Schweig! wrote:

I'm going to Essen! No need to write the exam, I passed the course. Hit me with requests.

Who else is going? Jur? Sydo? Will? We should meet and play a kick-ass wargame.

Congrats on passing and not needing the exam. The wife and I can't make it to Essen this year.

Hey if you get a chance, ask Martin Wallace about his next game coming out in March called "A Few Acres of Snow". It sounds promising but there aren't many details out yet. What I do know so far is that it's a 2p wargame detailing the struggle between GB and France over what will eventually become The Great White North, er I mean Canada. Oh yeah, have a lot of fun too.

-Will

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Oct 2010 10:00 #76793 by jur
Good news, Schweig!

Will be great to get together with whoever is around. I am going with three friends, but I intend to take Thursday or Friday afternoon of to meet with other people and check stuff out.

More
15 Oct 2010 11:51 #76805 by sydo
Congrats Schweig! We shall certainly do a F:AT meetup there.

More
18 Oct 2010 17:30 #77000 by Schweig!
Cool, cool. Do you want to meet during the Messe or in the evening? I will be coming with friends and hang out with them on Thursday. But they'll be explaining games at the Heidelberger/FFG booth Friday-Sunday. I plan to do so, too, but don't have fixed days yet. So we can meet any time Friday-Sunday. Let me know - send me trashmail!

More
18 Oct 2010 17:55 #77001 by jur
I have Friday afternoon planned as my walking around slot, so we can meet up somewhere. Schweig I can recognise (especially if he's at Heidelberger's), but Sydo is another matter. And what about Friday afternoon Sydo?

More
18 Oct 2010 19:02 #77004 by Dogmatix
Schweig! wrote:

I'm going to Essen! No need to write the exam, I passed the course. Hit me with requests.

Congrats Simon!

My requests for any promos still stand:
The Power Grid 3-card thingy [it'll entail a couple of Euros donation I think];

Whatever Lookout has--Agricola and LeHavre are the primary games I own, but i'll take whatever comes up that won't send you on some sort of absurd scavenger hunt [if someone is doing me a favor, I hate to ask them to have to work to do it];

and, though I haven't heard a peep of something new: anything for Dungeon Twister and/or Neuroshima Hex.

Also, if anyone sees one laying around the flea market for under Eur$10 [or perhaps if you talk to the Portal folks], I'd like to get one of the Neuroshima Hex Doomsday Army Essen promo tiles from a couple of years back.

If you [or anyone else] can hook me up with anything, let me know what the final costs are including shipping and a beer for yourself, and I'll cover via paypal. :)

Thanks and have fun!

More
19 Oct 2010 02:34 #77022 by Schweig!
Jur wrote:

I have Friday afternoon planned as my walking around slot, so we can meet up somewhere. Schweig I can recognise (especially if he's at Heidelberger's), but Sydo is another matter. And what about Friday afternoon Sydo?

OK - let's meet Friday afternoon at Heidelberger. I still have your cell phone number, too.

Dogmatix wrote:

Schweig! wrote:

Congrats Simon!

My requests for any promos still stand:
The Power Grid 3-card thingy [it'll entail a couple of Euros donation I think];

Whatever Lookout has--Agricola and LeHavre are the primary games I own, but i'll take whatever comes up that won't send you on some sort of absurd scavenger hunt [if someone is doing me a favor, I hate to ask them to have to work to do it];

and, though I haven't heard a peep of something new: anything for Dungeon Twister and/or Neuroshima Hex.

Also, if anyone sees one laying around the flea market for under Eur$10 [or perhaps if you talk to the Portal folks], I'd like to get one of the Neuroshima Hex Doomsday Army Essen promo tiles from a couple of years back.

If you [or anyone else] can hook me up with anything, let me know what the final costs are including shipping and a beer for yourself, and I'll cover via paypal. :)

Thanks and have fun!

I'll see what I can do.

More
19 Oct 2010 04:16 #77023 by sydo
OK, friday at Heidelberger. What time exactly? Here is a pic of me so if you see the guy on the left wandering around, that's me. I will probably wear those purple trousers as well so you shouldn't have any trouble noticing me :)

More
19 Oct 2010 06:01 #77025 by Schweig!
Oh yeah, and if you intend to buy wargames at the UGG booth (the one covered in camouflage, with a GMT sign on top) or at Fantasy Encounter (FANEN), then go there with me, because I get 10% off.

More
19 Oct 2010 07:16 #77026 by jur
The nice guys of FANEN! Well, won't Mads be at the UGG stand? I think I bought Comrade Koba off him there two years ago.

Purple pants are soooo Robert Plant

More
21 Oct 2010 00:30 #77163 by jur
Hope to see Schweig and Sydo tomorrow and will try to post some Essen pics on my twitter account

twitter.com/jurdj

Jur

More
24 Oct 2010 13:20 #77398 by jur
See my first impressions in the blog section.

Schweig, Sydo and I were able to collect most of Dogmatix's wishlist.

A good year for people who like Ameritrash, it seemed quite stale for euro's

More
24 Oct 2010 15:23 - 24 Oct 2010 15:30 #77403 by Schweig!
For the future I will no longer offer to collect promos from Lookout Games. These guys are a real bitch about it. You need to ask several people at different booths, one was only available with a purchase and at one of those booths if you ask nicely you will only get one, but if you ask vehemently you receive all four. They only also hand out one each, so I collected those for Adrian and sent Jur to get those for Justin. I will gladly help out with any promos or purchases from Essen, but not from Lookout Games.

Well, regardless, I managed to find a copy of Jackson in the Valley for a very good price, so I'm good.

Heidelberger, where I explained games on Saturday and Sunday, received and demoed prototype copies for both the new Civilization and Mansions of Madness, since Heidelberger is the German distributor for FFG. As Jur said, this Essen was definitely worthwhile for AT fans.
Last edit: 24 Oct 2010 15:30 by Schweig!.

More
24 Oct 2010 15:32 #77404 by Gary Sax
Any comments on those two games, Schweig, now that you've been around them?

More
24 Oct 2010 15:47 #77405 by Schweig!
Sorry, I have not played them. I've only noticed that we had them after I started working. I did however demo Dakota (which is surprisingly interactive for a worker placement game), 20th Century (also a not-bad euro) and Dungeonquest (of which I actually like the combat mechanic, but not the Terrinoth theme). Since I was late to register for demoing I didn't get a choice.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds