October 09, 2023
2525 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2727 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Any events, cons and meetups can be posted here. There is a link to our Member Map in your PROFILE menu.

Any FATties going to Essen'10?

More
24 Oct 2010 18:05 #77411 by Notahandle
Schweig! wrote:
" For the future I will no longer offer to collect promos from Lookout Games. These guys are a real bitch about it. You need to ask several people at different booths, one was only available with a purchase and at one of those booths if you ask nicely you will only get one, but if you ask vehemently you receive all four. They only also hand out one each, so I collected those for Adrian and sent Jur to get those for Justin. I will gladly help out with any promos or purchases from Essen, but not from Lookout Games."
Why have several booths, instead of one larger one? Why spread the promos around and force customers to waste their time queueing in several places? And why be inconsistent in how many you give out? Thanks for grabbing some for me, but I can't say I blame you for not wanting to repeat the experience. What a stupid attitude Lookout has.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Oct 2010 18:26 - 24 Oct 2010 18:29 #77414 by Schweig!
I don't get it either. Abacus (Zooloretto) simply gave out the octopus to everyone who asked, and the Power Grid guys took a donation (to a charity) for their promo cards. I prefer both options over Lookout's method. Well, maybe other people enjoyed the scavenger hunt.
Last edit: 24 Oct 2010 18:29 by Schweig!.

More
25 Oct 2010 18:11 - 25 Oct 2010 18:12 #77498 by Dogmatix
Schweig! wrote:

I don't get it either. Abacus (Zooloretto) simply gave out the octopus to everyone who asked, and the Power Grid guys took a donation (to a charity) for their promo cards. I prefer both options over Lookout's method. Well, maybe other people enjoyed the scavenger hunt.

That scavenger hunt was *EXACTLY* what I had hoped to avoid asking you to do on my behalf. Damn. I really appreciate the effort, but that's just fucking stupid. I had hoped that crap was a 1-off trick a few years ago; but it seems it's the model they're keeping with. My apologies.
Last edit: 25 Oct 2010 18:12 by Dogmatix.

More
09 Nov 2010 00:02 #78884 by Dogmatix
Simon/Jur/Sydo: The envelope of Essen Goodies landed today. I can't express my gratitude enough--particularly for engaging in the ridiculous Lookout Games bullshit on my behalf. That was WAY more work than I wanted anyone to do on my behalf. I really appreciate it guys. Next time any of you need a US trans-shipper (for Tanga, MMP sales, whatever), don't hesitate to ask...

I do have to ask this, though: Is the new version of Welt Quartett a "World Dictators" edition? Otherwise, General Zia-ul-Haq strikes me as a very strange card, promo or otherwise.

Cheers.

Justin

More
09 Nov 2010 03:37 #78890 by sydo
Yes, I remember seeing this edition and found it very strange.

More
14 Nov 2010 17:12 #79400 by jur
Dogmatix

I solved the riddle as I now have the game in my sweaty little hands: it's called Tyrannen-kwartet/top trumps and published in 2008 in German only (as far as I can see). The mate that got me the game made an entry on BGG, where it was apparently unknown. Zia Ul Haq fits in the Religioeze Eiferer group with the likes of Khomeini. There's Monarchs, GEnocidals (Pol Pot), US-puppets, cleptocrats, fascists and communists.

As all cards have a length of rule (Hirohito 62 years), victim tally (Hitler 55 million) and private wealth (Honourable mention to Suharto as only non-Monarch to top 10 billion us$), the top trumping is bound to be a joy.

However, having a double Zia is not gonna gain you much.

More
15 Nov 2010 03:58 #79413 by Dogmatix
Jur wrote:

Dogmatix

I solved the riddle as I now have the game in my sweaty little hands: it's called Tyrannen-kwartet/top trumps and published in 2008 in German only (as far as I can see). The mate that got me the game made an entry on BGG, where it was apparently unknown. Zia Ul Haq fits in the Religioeze Eiferer group with the likes of Khomeini. There's Monarchs, GEnocidals (Pol Pot), US-puppets, cleptocrats, fascists and communists.

As all cards have a length of rule (Hirohito 62 years), victim tally (Hitler 55 million) and private wealth (Honourable mention to Suharto as only non-Monarch to top 10 billion us$), the top trumping is bound to be a joy.

However, having a double Zia is not gonna gain you much.

Ok, that's fucking odd for sure... but thanks for the info. I sleeved up the card, put it in a nice plastic protector, and put it in my wife's curio cabinet with her souvenirs from her various trips to Pakistan. Took her a couple days to notice it, but it was worth the laugh.

More
15 Nov 2010 06:34 #79422 by jur
Looks like your wife is a tough one to travel to Pakistan a couple of times. I wouldn't particularly look forward to going there myself.

Take care

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds