October 09, 2023
2523 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2724 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Connect with other board gamers and organize online gaming here.

Battlestar Galactica Play-by-Forum

More
27 Apr 2009 11:03 #27062 by Ken B.
Okay...I'm going to use an Excel sheet to manage cards. I'll have to get the correct mix input into the sheet.

Does anyone know if this has been done already anywhere, before I needlessly duplicate work?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Apr 2009 11:20 #27065 by Dr. Mabuse
Ken have you asked ColtFan76 . He's running a couple of games on TOS.

More
27 Apr 2009 13:16 #27102 by southernman
PM sent Ken with an idea.

More
27 Apr 2009 14:17 #27108 by Ken B.
Okay, no luck on finding a pre-generated sheet, so I'll type them up tonight.

The cards are at home, I hadn't decided the best way to juggle them, and took them home. Forgot to bring them back today. Once the spreadsheet is done, I think we're ready.

What I've decided is to use my DRADIS for the external stuff, and if Southernman is willing to help, he can maintain the board position map. I'll also have a text update showing where everyone is to go with it, but his map will be great for visualizing the game.

So I'll post a picture and text update to the main thread showing how we're progressing. If SM wants to keep a dual file going, he can also update that as we go.

Basically, I'm terrible at photo editing and the DRADIS jpeg I have is very easy to manipulate (being basically monochrome.) So I'll have an easier time working with it, I think.

Thanks for your patience, folks. We're almost there. On the bright side, we're saving a whole lot of work for the next game...the first one is always the hardest.

More
27 Apr 2009 14:59 #27110 by Dr. Mabuse
Hey Ken and Southerman,I have photoshop so I don't mind doing the graphics.

More
28 Apr 2009 09:32 #27166 by Ken B.
We are in business.

First, Coltfan did indeed send me an Excel sheet that makes managing the cards easier, and it is already populated with card information. Since this would have taken a couple of hours with rifling through cards and typing, I was grateful to have this and just KNEW someone had done this already.

Second, I will be using the in-thread update with a pre-formatted textual game state along with a DRADIS image that I will be updating as we go as the status outside the ship changes. My map will show the locations around Galactica, and the text will show what's going on on board the ships. Should Southernman and/or other interested parties want to assist by graphically updating his map, I would be grateful. My few attempts at doing so give new meaning to the phrase "amateur hour."

Third, please remember that I do not care who wins. This means if I make a mistake, it will be an honest one. Do not hesitate to correct me, I will not take offense. Likewise, please don't take offense if I do something mistaken. I've played BSG several times, but I've never run a game by forum before, so this should be a learning experience, to say the least.

Lastly, the main thread is once again ready. Lee Adama (Shellhead) needs to choose his starting location.

More
17 Aug 2009 22:27 #38231 by J.T.
Sorry for the gravedig.

I meant to post this awhile back when the game finished, but forgot. Anyway, I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed following along with the game. The flavor text and conversations you guys had were great (especially Ken B.'s last crisis and endgame writeup -- absolutely fantastic).

Anyone else follow along with the game? If not, you missed out.

More
18 Aug 2009 09:47 #38279 by san il defanso
I sort of kept half an eye on it, and it was indeed a lot of fun to follow along. I always love a game where Colonial One gets blown up. That is my favorite Super Crisis (or SuCri) in theme, if not in practice.

More
28 Oct 2009 10:11 #45655 by mrmarcus
Ok I'm gravedigging a bit here because I'm wanting to gauge interest in another round. I was thinking the base game since I don't have a good feel for this sort of thing. If there's enough interest I'll get things rolling.

More
29 Oct 2009 21:37 #45753 by J.T.
I would definitely be on board.

More
30 Oct 2009 07:46 #45761 by southernman
Have a talk to Ken B. about what was involved doing the moderator's job, as that is the most important part and looked like a massive effort to us - whoever takes that on will have to be a GM-extraordinaire and pretty dedicated.

More
30 Oct 2009 10:50 #45772 by mrmarcus
Southernman wrote:

Have a talk to Ken B. about what was involved doing the moderator's job, as that is the most important part and looked like a massive effort to us - whoever takes that on will have to be a GM-extraordinaire and pretty dedicated.

I'm actually moderating one at TOS. I realize the amount of work involved and don't mind doubling up - it's actually fun watching the ants in their hill trying to wonder if I'm going to boil them with water :)

More
30 Oct 2009 12:18 - 30 Oct 2009 12:21 #45784 by southernman
mrmarcus wrote:

Southernman wrote:

I'm actually moderating one at TOS. I realize the amount of work involved and don't mind doubling up - it's actually fun watching the ants in their hill trying to wonder if I'm going to boil them with water :)

Have you seen the Google Docs spreadsheet and presentation online docs we used to assist with game details and the board ? - click on the links in my signature area.

I'd be up for another game if not enough new players put their names up. I'd suggest a 5-player though - being the sympathizer in a normal game is pretty boring but it really sucks in a PBF game.
Last edit: 30 Oct 2009 12:21 by southernman.

More
21 Nov 2009 06:26 #47622 by southernman
Any more interest ...

More
21 Nov 2009 10:07 #47626 by mrmarcus
Doesn't look like it.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.261 seconds