October 09, 2023
2537 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2738 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× WELCOME TO TRASHDOME!

This is part of a series of bloody matches to the death. Show support for your favorite game so it will do better in the fight. You can support it by writing why you think its the better game and more importantly by betting (i.e. voting for) it. Please make it clear for when I check the bets later. You have until Friday when I tally the bets and declare the winner. I will reserve my bet for any tie-breakers.

Although you should be familiar with both games, there is no rule that says you have to have played both of them. The only rule in Trashdome is this;

Two games enter! One game leaves!

Trashdome - SW: Queens Gambit VS SW: Epic Duels

More
15 Jul 2009 16:29 #35116 by Michael Barnes
IS THIS THREAD IMPLODING?

The problem is that QG is clearly the superior game but some are afraid to step forward and speak their heart against the rising tide of conformity and bully-pulpit tactics many EPIC DUELS fans have employed in this edition of Trashdome.

For those of you reading this who have not cast their votes, do not be afraid to vote QG. Ken Bradford and I will support your vote we will do a bunch of evil administrative-end stuff to anyone who harasses, threatens, or otherwise cajoles you into voting for the inferior game.

Speaking from experience, I know what it is like to stand alone in a Trashdome battle, to be the only guy backing a game. But there was no one there for me when hordes of LNoE fans came out of the woodwork to usher AToE off to an early and undeserved grave. But know that you will not be alone in this, that we will win this Trashdome and the shameful politicking of the ED crowd (I call them Brownshirts) can be laid to rest with their candidate.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jul 2009 16:40 #35118 by lj1983
vote: queens Gambit

More
15 Jul 2009 16:41 #35119 by metalface13
Ken B. and M. Barnes siding together on the same game? You know there must be some sort of unholy alliance at work! Most certainly a sign of Armageddon! A vote for Queen's Gambit is a vote for the anti-Christ!

More
15 Jul 2009 16:52 #35120 by Michael Barnes
Wrong. It's a coming together of great power, like when Hulk Hogan and Rowdy Roddy Piper put aside their differences at Wrestlemania 4 with that powerful handshake that almost destroyed the world.

He and I have rallied together to show leadership and unity in the face of the oppressive "hivemind" mentality that EPIC DUELS seems to engender among F:ATties.

Thank you for that vote LJ, it's the right thing to do.

More
15 Jul 2009 16:57 #35121 by Shellhead
What's with all this shrillness? Did Queens Gambit fall behind in the voting?

More
15 Jul 2009 17:02 #35122 by Ken B.
Michael Barnes wrote:

Wrong. It's a coming together of great power, like when Hulk Hogan and Rowdy Roddy Piper put aside their differences at Wrestlemania 4 with that powerful handshake that almost destroyed the world.

He and I have rallied together to show leadership and unity in the face of the oppressive "hivemind" mentality that EPIC DUELS seems to engender among F:ATties.

Thank you for that vote LJ, it's the right thing to do.

You shouldn't quote wrasslin' history, Barnes. Not your strong suit.

This is like when Honky Tonk Man--aka EPIC DUELS--was about to blast Barnes with a guitar shot to the head. Then I--aka TERRY "HULK" HOGAN--rushed out, beat the shit out of everybody, stole Barnes' glory, then we had a MEGAPOWERS handshake that rocked the foundation of the World Wrestling Federation.

Of course, this means that Barnes is going to go paranoid on me, waffle me with the belt, and we'll have to settle the score when the MEGAPOWERS EXPLODE at WRESTLEMANIA V, aka ATLANTA GAMESFEST 2010.

BOOK THAT SHIT, BROTHER~!

More
15 Jul 2009 17:10 #35124 by metalface13
Shellhead wrote:

What's with all this shrillness?

I think we're just bored on a Wednesday afternoon.

As for "hivemind" — isn't it funny how any game running against Barnes' vote is "voting for the hivemind"? Barnes IS the hive mind! Except for the mind part, because he's clearly lost it! He wants to create his own board gaming hegemony. Vote for freedom! Vote Epic Duels!

More
15 Jul 2009 17:27 #35130 by clockwirk
Yeah. If anything, voting for QG is voting with the 'hivemind' since the game has basically been exalted to the end all be all in Star Wars gaming because it has a shitload of minis and a 3 dimentional board (ooooooooh!!). It takes real clarity of thought to break through that cultural preconception to get at the truth.

More
15 Jul 2009 17:46 #35132 by southernman
clockwirk wrote:

Yeah. If anything, voting for QG is voting with the 'hivemind' since the game has basically been exalted to the end all be all in Star Wars gaming because it has a shitload of minis and a 3 dimentional board (ooooooooh!!). It takes real clarity of thought to break through that cultural preconception to get at the truth.

... or maybe it's a fun fuckin game that the 15-minute-maximum-concentration closet europhiles here (infiltrating this Ameritrash site) haven't the balls to play so they grab an AT card game to try and find some fun.

More
15 Jul 2009 19:01 #35142 by Michael Barnes
Except for the mind part, because he's clearly lost it!

Dude, haven't you heard? I'm imploding! The Honky Tonk Man said so!

More
15 Jul 2009 19:08 #35143 by Merkles
Hey--I'm willing to shift my vote if I get a chance to play Queen's Gambit...[subliminal message] will trade NIS We the People OR Dune OR Bonaparte at Marengo for Queen's Gambit.

Help me break out of the hivemind mentality. A hivemind is a terrible thing to waste.

More
15 Jul 2009 21:38 #35152 by Tamburlaine
Michael Barnes wrote:

The problem is that QG is clearly the superior game but some are afraid to step forward and speak their heart against the rising tide of conformity and bully-pulpit tactics many EPIC DUELS fans have employed in this edition of Trashdome.

If there's one side of the debate looking to keep to voters of Trashdome in line with their heads down, it's the Queen's Gambit faction, which cannot bear to see a darling of the establishment defeated. Those of us supporting Epic Duels have laid out arguments for the quality of our game and decisively answered all objections against it. In support of Queen's Gambit we have heard only the domineering and mystical mantra of a supposedly superior "theme," a claim they have expanded upon with none of the positive argumentation we in the Epic Duels camp have provided for our game; they seem to feel that a combination of personality and prestige will be sufficient to carry the lesser game to victory on an empty platform.

If Trashdome is to ratify established opinions, toe the party line proudly and vote for Queen's Gambit. But if you believe that in the Trashdome the best game should win, attend to they arguments offered by each side. You will see then that there can be no choice but Epic Duels.

More
16 Jul 2009 00:43 #35165 by Beisaic
metalface13 wrote:

Shellhead wrote:

What's with all this shrillness?

I think we're just bored on a Wednesday afternoon.

As for "hivemind" — isn't it funny how any game running against Barnes' vote is "voting for the hivemind"? Barnes IS the hive mind! Except for the mind part, because he's clearly lost it! He wants to create his own board gaming hegemony. Vote for freedom! Vote Epic Duels!

The Nezperdian hive-mind of chaos. Zalgo.
He who Waits Behind The Wall.
Vote: ZALGO!

More
16 Jul 2009 00:54 #35169 by Michael Barnes
Why is it that every time Tamburlaine steps in the 'dome I feel naked?

Oh, that's why...because I left my smarty pants at the Trashdome door.

QG is better because it's bigger. Bigger is better, and that's the American way.

More
16 Jul 2009 02:18 #35181 by southernman
Tamburlaine wrote:

... Those of us supporting Epic Duels have laid out arguments for the quality of our game and decisively answered all objections against it.

Get back to BGG with you passive-aggressive attacks ;-)

'Decisively' is an extremely subjective word - I ain't seen anything remotely worthwhile in any arguements, just a lot of whining in that a game can take 2 hours rather than 15 mins (get back to BGG all you sorry Dominion lovers, this is real mans gaming territory, I suppose 10hrs of Twilight Imperium would send you to your grave !) and that the Jedi and Sith are too strong (funny, that's what happens when you are strong enough to master the force and be able to defeat a similar opponent).

Do we have a children's section for all these gamers who like it easy and want to slowly grow into real games ?

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds