October 09, 2023
2544 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2739 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× WELCOME TO TRASHDOME!

This is part of a series of bloody matches to the death. Show support for your favorite game so it will do better in the fight. You can support it by writing why you think its the better game and more importantly by betting (i.e. voting for) it. Please make it clear for when I check the bets later. You have until Friday when I tally the bets and declare the winner. I will reserve my bet for any tie-breakers.

Although you should be familiar with both games, there is no rule that says you have to have played both of them. The only rule in Trashdome is this;

Two games enter! One game leaves!

Trashdome - SW: Queens Gambit VS SW: Epic Duels

More
16 Jul 2009 07:29 #35192 by mjl1783

'Decisively' is an extremely subjective word

Is "indisputably" subjective as well? They're synonyms.

I ain't seen anything remotely worthwhile in any arguements, just a lot of whining in that a game can take 2 hours rather than 15 mins

Also it's boring, scripted, and goes on for about 90 minutes after the winner has been decided. Not to mention, the game might as well play itself if both players' IQs are bigger than their shoe sizes.

get back to BGG all you sorry Dominion lovers, this is real mans gaming territory, I suppose 10hrs of Twilight Imperium would send you to your grave !

Well, who could argue with this lucid counterpoint?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jul 2009 09:59 #35210 by Ken B.
Look, let's just lay it out like this--Steve Avery told me Queen's Gambit's cock was WAAAAAAY bigger. That should settle it, I think, as STEVE AVERY LUVS T3H C0CK.

More
16 Jul 2009 12:20 #35251 by southernman
mjl1783 wrote:

'Decisively' is an extremely subjective word

Is "indisputably" subjective as well? They're synonyms.

If it's used with subjective matter, like arguing about hobby games, then yes.

I ain't seen anything remotely worthwhile in any arguements, just a lot of whining in that a game can take 2 hours rather than 15 mins

Also it's boring, scripted, and goes on for about 90 minutes after the winner has been decided. Not to mention, the game might as well play itself if both players' IQs are bigger than their shoe sizes.

Since we like our our subjective answers - bullshit, bullshit, bullshit, and not to mention bullshit.

get back to BGG all you sorry Dominion lovers, this is real mans gaming territory, I suppose 10hrs of Twilight Imperium would send you to your grave !

Well, who could argue with this lucid counterpoint?

Obviously not you ... but, c'mon, this is the TRASHDOME so you should have made some attempt ;-p

More
16 Jul 2009 13:48 - 16 Jul 2009 13:48 #35265 by Bulwyf
Tamburlaine wrote:

If Trashdome is to ratify established opinions, toe the party line proudly and vote for Queen's Gambit. But if you believe that in the Trashdome the best game should win, attend to they arguments offered by each side. You will see then that there can be no choice but Epic Duels.

LOL! Thanks for the laugh. How about we each just vote for the game we think is better and leave it at that?

-Will
Last edit: 16 Jul 2009 13:48 by Bulwyf.

More
16 Jul 2009 14:35 #35270 by metalface13
Southernman wrote:

Do we have a children's section for all these gamers who like it easy and want to slowly grow into real games ?

Yeah, it's called the Marvel Heroscape Fan Club.

More
16 Jul 2009 14:41 #35271 by southernman
metalface13 wrote:

Southernman wrote:

Do we have a children's section for all these gamers who like it easy and want to slowly grow into real games ?

Ooooouuuuccccchhhhh - heads down - INCOMING !

More
16 Jul 2009 14:45 #35272 by ChristopherMD
metalface13 wrote:

Southernman wrote:

I just spit up water you bastard!

More
16 Jul 2009 14:58 #35275 by Ken B.
metalface13 wrote:

Southernman wrote:

We need thumbs up just for shit like this...thanks man! BWAHAHAHAHAHA

More
16 Jul 2009 15:33 #35277 by Michael Barnes
I still haven't gotten my Incredible Hulk propeller bean from sending in my MHSFC registration. Mommy!

More
16 Jul 2009 15:35 #35279 by mikoyan
Sadly both games came out at a time when I wasn't particularly interested in board games so I missed out on both of them. I remember looking at them at Toys R Us though and thinking about getting them...but never happened.

More
16 Jul 2009 16:00 #35284 by Pat II
Am I the only one that thinks Star Wars died when puberty came around? I like the original films and all but really...George Lucas stopped being relevant a looong time ago.

More
16 Jul 2009 16:08 #35287 by ChristopherMD
Pat II wrote:

Am I the only one that thinks Star Wars died when puberty came around?

Da, da! Ze Americans and zeir childish pursuits. In de German vee haff Perry Rhodan. He is ze real zi-fi hero. Dat man really know how to balance ze space investments.

More
16 Jul 2009 16:11 #35290 by Michael Barnes
Perhaps Lucas can regain his relevance by slicing open his turkey-neck with a straight razor and showering all these EPIC DUELS mind-slaves with EXCLUSIVE LIMITED EDITION figures.

You know that that turkey neck is where he stores all of his midchlorians. Who do you think would win in a fight, him or Yoda?

Have you ever listened to the commentary on any of the prequels? They're a riot. Hearing this jackass talk about how he wanted to "craft a tone poem" during the fight between Dooku and Anakin is one of the low points of American cinematic discourse.

More
16 Jul 2009 16:17 #35293 by Pat II
Yoda used to have common sense but I'm afraid he's gone the route of Lucas as well...although I think Lucas can only lose now to just about anything....even a hamster.

If it weren't for adults still parading around in Darth whoever costumes we might actually get to see this clown work and try to be relevant to earn a dollar.

More
16 Jul 2009 16:30 #35299 by clockwirk
The greatest gift Lucas ever gave cinema was deciding not to direct Empire. I wish he would have handed off the job of directing the prequels as well.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds