October 09, 2023
2220 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2440 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

Games Workshop--what are you buying, selling, playing, or painting?

More
27 Sep 2018 15:09 #282391 by Cranberries
It seemed like a good idea to have a dedicated Games Workshop thread.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopherMD, Colorcrayons

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Sep 2018 15:27 - 27 Sep 2018 15:34 #282394 by Michael Barnes
Ha ha ha ha ha...

Just finished:

- Nihilakh Dynasty Necron Kill Team (Immortals/Deathmarks)
- Drukhari Kill Team (Wyches/Kabalite Warriors)
- Deathwatch Kill Team
- 1/2 an Ork Kill Team (Burna Boyz)
- All Genestealer Leviathan Tyranid Kill Team (I -hate- painting Genestealers)

On the table right now are 3 Tau Stealth Suits and Pathfinders. This is my third time with that kit. Both times before I messed up and got frustrated. I think I’ve got it this time, doing the white armor but orange and gray instead of red.

Next up will be Heretic Astartes, which I am doing as Emperor’s Children. Hot pink and black.

Then AdMech is on the schedule- just the basic Mars scheme, I ain’t getting fancy with them.

I have a Scion Team about half finished but I can’t seem to get motivated on them. They are Cadian colors and there are more POCs than whiteys. I may just start from scratch with that team, as I painted them halfway a year ago and I’ve gotten better. A little.

Looking further out, Harlequins are on the horizon, doing an 80s Miami Vice color thing with them. Then Grey Knights.

I also need to get the new Shadespire (we’ll, Nighthaunt) models painted. And terrain, which I like to buckle down and just paint all in a session.

As for playing- Kill Team. I may be meeting up with some neighborhood folks tonight for a game. I think full 40k is kind of doomed...at the shops here, it’s all KT right now.

Buying, I did use that eBay coupon to get the new releases. Pro tip- the starter boxes often duplicate stuff from the Killzone boxes. So you sell the extras and recoup your initial outlay. I had two full sets of Armoured Containers that I sold on top of keeping a second set and one extra sprue for myself. I also sold the Servohaulers and Mechanicus stuff from the Ork and Astartes boxes. I like having the prefilled cards, tokens, and special cards from the starters.
Last edit: 27 Sep 2018 15:34 by Michael Barnes.

More
27 Sep 2018 15:56 #282398 by charlest
We're gearing up for a Kill Team campaign, likely once a month and replacing one of my board game nights.

I have a fully painted Chaos Space Marine squad I'll be running (I have 5 CSMs and 14 Cultists to draw from for a roster).

I expect to have 5-6 people participate.

I'd like to buy another Kill Zone or two but will probably wait. I have the Sector Munitorum and of course the two from the core and Rogue Trader.

We're also playing Shadespire (I'm not calling it Warhammer Underworlds, don't care) regularly in a casual format. We used the prebuilt decks from Nightvault last night and my Sigmar mages were beaten down by the ghosts. Love this game so much.

Looks like we'll finally get to try four player as well now that I have four boards.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
27 Sep 2018 16:42 #282402 by hotseatgames
I have the Deathwatch from Deathwatch Overkill all primed. Will I paint any of them? Who knows?

More
27 Sep 2018 16:42 #282403 by Colorcrayons
The only GW thing I'm active in, besides my gorechosen retheme, is Blitz Bowl.

I went out and bought Sept 2018 White dwarf for the Dark elf cards, and bought a dark elf and skaven blood bowl boxes.

Since I only need half of a box of each, I'm hoping to find other players locally or online that want to trade half of their team boxes (elves, goblins, dwarves, or chaos) for what I got.

More
27 Sep 2018 17:18 #282405 by the_jake_1973
I picked up Blitz Bowl and a near mint copy of Blood Royale.

I am painting my Harlequin kill team. They are the old metal ones, so they will be easier to hid behind cover.

More
27 Sep 2018 17:22 #282406 by Colorcrayons

the_jake_1973 wrote: ...so they will be easier to hid behind cover.

The following user(s) said Thank You: the_jake_1973

More
27 Sep 2018 17:27 #282407 by Hadik
Barnes I cannot wait to see the Harley’s in pastel blazers with their sleeves pushed up.

We now have 6 painted kill teams (AM, Skits, Chaos Marines, Tau, Necrons, Eldar) in the house with more on the way. My son’s unpainted T Suns are the army to beat. I don’t know if he will ever paint them. They are a challenge to paint I think.

He also has about 2500 pts of Necrons ready and waiting for me to finish up 500 pts of AM so we can play our first game of 8th together. I’m chugging along. I am probavly over egging the pudding on my Gaurdsmen, but damn they are turning out great. I’ve got three squads of scions to finish up and a Taurox and then l will be ready. Oh and a psyker.

I plan to attack it this weekend, but NightVault will be at the game store for us on Saturday and itching to ply it. So I’m really looking forward to that.

More
27 Sep 2018 17:57 #282408 by Michael Barnes

the_jake_1973 wrote: I picked up Blitz Bowl and a near mint copy of Blood Royale.

I am painting my Harlequin kill team. They are the old metal ones, so they will be easier to hid behind cover.

Ha ha, standing on rocks with their arms and legs way out in every direction.

I am thinking pink and teal but with more white. And none of the god damned checks. I ain’t doing the checks.

Thousand Sons weren’t nearly as difficult to paint as I thought they’d be. Spraying them gold helped a lot.

More
27 Sep 2018 19:24 #282416 by gversace
Just finished building my Grey Knights and Space Marine Scout kill teams. Up next are the orcs. Just ordered the Rogue Trader box and necrons kill team with the ebay coupon. Also got blitz bowl from Barnes and Noble with the 30% kids club discount.

So pleased with how GW has turned itself around.

More
27 Sep 2018 22:31 #282420 by Sevej
I expected to finish 10 other Tactical Squads this weekend. This makes for the 5th.

Considering to get Eldar, with Wraith theme.

More
28 Sep 2018 05:05 #282425 by panzerattack
I'm painting titans. It's slow going but the warlord is such a cool model.

More
28 Sep 2018 08:25 #282427 by the_jake_1973

Michael Barnes wrote:

the_jake_1973 wrote: I picked up Blitz Bowl and a near mint copy of Blood Royale.

Ha ha, standing on rocks with their arms and legs way out in every direction.

I am thinking pink and teal but with more white. And none of the god damned checks. I ain’t doing the checks.

Thousand Sons weren’t nearly as difficult to paint as I thought they’d be. Spraying them gold helped a lot.

The new Harlequin sculpts are cool, but in a game setting where cover is king, they seem handicapped by their poses. Plus, I have like 2 dozen of the old guard Harlequins so buying the new stuff wasn't really an option.

More
28 Sep 2018 08:47 #282431 by GorillaGrody
Finishing up a teeeeedious Massive Darkness commission, so, not much GW stuff since finishing my Space Wolves.

Waiting on a set of 25mm Necromunda bases so I can finish mounting my Rogue Trader figures. Excited to paint both factions for that one. Would kind of like to mix some Gellerpox with some Deathguard to see how that looks.

More
28 Sep 2018 09:25 #282434 by Michael Barnes
Mixing Gellerpox with DG is ILLEGAL. Something about the keywords doesn’t match up or something despite “Nurgle”.

I really liked painting the Space Wolves team I did (5x Reivers, 2 Stalker Intercessors). They turned out pretty good considering I don’t labor for weeks over the third highlight layer or anything like that.

One of the most fun things about KT, like Shadow War before it, is that you can do small squads of things you don’t necessarily want 1000-2000 points of. I have zero interest in an Emperor’s Children army, but sure I’ll buy a $25 Chaos Space Marines box and paint them pink.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds