October 09, 2023
2552 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2751 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What VIDEO GAME(s) have you been playing?

More
25 Oct 2018 09:58 #284648 by san il defanso
Back during the Steam summer sale I purchased Baldur's Gate, having never played it before. I am not generally much of a CRPG guy, but I'm definitely a D&D guy. I played about two hours when I first got it, and then got stuck somewhere doing something. I wanted to actually try it again, so I started a new character and a new game. I'm in the first dungeon now, which is pretty cool. There are definitely characters I'm starting to take a shine to over others. It's a lot of fun.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopherMD, Frohike, SaMoKo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Oct 2018 11:03 #284768 by Josh Look
While the gaming journalism world seems to be hellbent on complaining about how barebones and lackluster Castlevania Requiem is, I’m celebrating it because I can finally play Rondo of Blood. I don’t think I’ve ever played it, and early impression is that it is the best “old style” game in the series. The gothic horror atmosphere is through the roof, the music is incredible and good lord isnit HARD. After coasting through Super Castlevania IV last week and having the original down pat, it’s a welcome challenge. So happy to see this game break out of its PSP confines.

Oh, and it comes with a little known throwaway title in the franchise called Symphony of the Night.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopherMD, Black Barney, hotseatgames, Frohike

More
26 Oct 2018 11:19 #284769 by Michael Barnes
WTF is “barebones and lackluster” about two of the very greatest games ever made? SotN is a contender for THE best game ever made! What else do you need out of a $20 download?

RoB is indeed the best of the original series, and by quite a bit. It feels like the logical conclusion before the series went to the SOTN format...it sort of touches on some elements and the story ties right into the classic “DIE, MONSTER!” opening.

I am going to get this tonight...pity it’s not on Switch though. At least we’re getting Simon Belmont in smash.

Really wish someone would remaster Castlevania: Bloodlines...it was Genesis-only and sort of an odd side story, but it was sort of the step between IV and ROB.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frohike

More
26 Oct 2018 11:27 #284770 by Josh Look

Michael Barnes wrote: WTF is “barebones and lackluster” about two of the very greatest games ever made? SotN is a contender for THE best game ever made! What else do you need out of a $20 download?

RoB is indeed the best of the original series, and by quite a bit. It feels like the logical conclusion before the series went to the SOTN format...it sort of touches on some elements and the story ties right into the classic “DIE, MONSTER!” opening.

I am going to get this tonight...pity it’s not on Switch though. At least we’re getting Simon Belmont in smash.

Really wish someone would remaster Castlevania: Bloodlines...it was Genesis-only and sort of an odd side story, but it was sort of the step between IV and ROB.

Yeah, I’m really not sure what anyone was expecting.

Bloodlines is really terrific, and I actually prefer it SCIV. It’s an classic style Castlevania, but the more modern settings and just how damned fast it is really sets it apart. I still play it pretty frequently.

More
26 Oct 2018 11:59 #284772 by Black Barney
If you guys talk enough about SOTN, you might summon a Kenneth B from the wild

More
26 Oct 2018 12:03 #284773 by Josh Look

Black Barney wrote: If you guys talk enough about SOTN, you might summon a Kenneth B from the wild

Love that that guy is like fucking Beetlejuice.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
26 Oct 2018 23:24 - 26 Oct 2018 23:34 #284819 by Gary Sax
Playing Cities: Skylines and we got the parks expansion, which is fun and lets you design trails, campgrounds, etc and paint out a big park area.

Still figuring out the bus routes, which I wish were a little better tutorialized in terms of urban planning actual strategy.
Last edit: 26 Oct 2018 23:34 by Gary Sax.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hotseatgames

More
27 Oct 2018 12:29 #284842 by ChristopherMD
Started playing Red Dead 2 last night. Gonna play more of it today and then more tomorrow and so on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Black Barney, hotseatgames

More
27 Oct 2018 13:07 #284844 by Hex Sinister
Got the Dark Souls Trilogy the other day. It was expensive at $80 but oh well. I was doing pretty well in the undead area until I saw this large knight(?) with his back turned and gave him a good poke. Unfortunately the poke wasn't very good at all and he decided to chase me a good distance until I climbed to some rooftop where I was then trapped. At this point I was tired and the deaths started to snowball so I called it for the night.

Wolfenstein: The New Order was pretty awesome. Played both timelines, once on hard. The only other Wolfenstein I played was back on the Atari Jaguar way way back. I can't believe I thought that was cool. It's crazy how things have advanced. I miss the music though lol. Achtung!

More
27 Oct 2018 13:13 #284846 by BaronDonut

ChristopherMD wrote: Started playing Red Dead 2 last night. Gonna play more of it today and then more tomorrow and so on.

I, too, am playing the cowboy game. So far, really enjoying my time with it. I like the horseys.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopherMD, Black Barney, Colorcrayons

More
27 Oct 2018 15:25 #284851 by Black Barney
I haven’t even touched RDR2 yet dammit. Black Ops IV is surprisingly good. The multiplayer is great. Shoot

More
27 Oct 2018 22:10 #284860 by the_jake_1973

Black Barney wrote: I haven’t even touched RDR2 yet dammit. Black Ops IV is surprisingly good. The multiplayer is great. Shoot

Barney, you need to try Firewall for the PSVR for a incredibly fun tactical shooter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
28 Oct 2018 00:34 #284861 by Colorcrayons

BaronDonut wrote:

ChristopherMD wrote: Started playing Red Dead 2 last night. Gonna play more of it today and then more tomorrow and so on.

I, too, am playing the cowboy game. So far, really enjoying my time with it. I like the horseys.

I'm still playing the first one on PS3.

For fans, is there a major reason to drop the old and grab the new?

More
28 Oct 2018 02:18 #284862 by boothwah

Colorcrayons wrote:

BaronDonut wrote:

I'm still playing the first one on PS3.

For fans, is there a major reason to drop the old and grab the new?

So that you can tell us awesome horse stories. The best part of Red Dead for me was Barney's travelogues.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney, Colorcrayons

More
28 Oct 2018 02:58 #284863 by san il defanso
A friend of ours is loaning us an SNES Classic so I can play around with some 16-bit games with my sons. While I already own most of my favorites games from that generation on my Wii U, it's a really slick product. However, it does remind me why I'm thankful that video games have made the move to cordless controllers.

Anyway, the most popular game on the system in our house has been Street Fighter II. My boys will sit there and play match after match, and they are doing an okay job at learning how to lose gracefully. I never did play a ton of the game back in the day, certainly not enough to learn many moves. Therefore they stand a decent chance of beating me with their button mashing. It's a really fun game to revisit, probably the best multi-player game on the system in my estimation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.473 seconds