October 09, 2023
2524 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2725 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place to talk about stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else.

Loter shot a man in my dream last night...

More
03 Feb 2012 18:12 #115218 by Michael Barnes
So I had this dream last night about Matt Loter. Actually, it was about Matt Loter and Jeb Lucas, neither of whom I've met in person. I've at least seen photographs of Loter, but in my mind Jeb Lucas looked like William Katt (The Greatest American Hero) but with glasses. Anyway, we were at some kind of gaming event and we were walking to the car. I guess we all went there together. This guy comes up and robs us at gunpoint. We hand over our wallets and the gun runs off. Matt Loter pulls out this silver sawed-off shotgun. Jeb hollers "Matt, don't!" but Matt blows this guy away. He flips over on the sidewalk. Matt drops down to his knees and freaks out. "I'm not gonna go to jail, I'm not gonna go to jail. I just killed that guy." He tries to put the gun in his mouth but I stop him. The dude he shot is laying there on the ground, not dead, taking pictures of us.

WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Feb 2012 18:16 #115220 by Schweig!
Matt Loter doesn't need guns, the guy with the shotgun was Pete Ruth. And you stopped him from killing himself. Idiot.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

More
03 Feb 2012 18:17 #115221 by repoman
That your unresolved "daddy issues" are catching up with you?

More
03 Feb 2012 18:21 #115223 by Shellhead
The robbery is about the loss of innocence, and the silver shotgun is a baroque phallic symbol. The guy taking pictures represents the judgment of society. Your successful intervention is the triumph of individuality. I'm making all of this up as I go.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr Skeletor, jur, Ska_baron, scissors, Sagrilarus, DeletedUser

More
03 Feb 2012 18:22 #115224 by SuperflyPete

Schweig! wrote: Matt Loter doesn't need guns, the guy with the shotgun was Pete Ruth. And you stopped him from killing himself. Idiot.

First, I don't own any shotguns. Second, if I did, they wouldn't be chrome or nickel plated - those are for douchebags who want to show off, are rarer, and are easily identifiable by witnesses.

So, it wasn't me. And Loter killed the guy in self-defense.

The really important part in this dream is that Barnes has a crush on the Greatest American Hero, Matt Loter, and that Jeb, who lives near Hollywood, was holding the "wallet" which means "camera", since movies are money out that way. The guy being shot, then the cameraman later, indicates that there is a "filming" theme, and "shots are fired".

In short: Barnes wants to fuck Loter with his "big shotgun" and wants Jeb to roll film on it, but is afraid of spooging on Jeb.

Case closed.

More
03 Feb 2012 18:25 #115226 by Black Barney
yeah, no joke I think it's a gay dream too. That's cool Barnes that you get to vet this stuff in your dreams. Ken and I are just all talk :(

More
03 Feb 2012 18:27 #115229 by jeb

SuperflyTNT wrote:

Schweig! wrote: Matt Loter doesn't need guns, the guy with the shotgun was Pete Ruth. And you stopped him from killing himself. Idiot.

First, I don't own any shotguns. Second, if I did, they wouldn't be chrome or nickel plated - those are for douchebags who want to show off, are rarer, and are easily identifiable by witnesses.

So, it wasn't me. And Loter killed the guy in self-defense.

The really important part in this dream is that Barnes has a crush on the Greatest American Hero, Matt Loter, and that Jeb, who lives near Hollywood, was holding the "wallet" which means "camera", since movies are money out that way. The guy being shot, then the cameraman later, indicates that there is a "filming" theme, and "shots are fired".

In short: Barnes wants to fuck Loter with his "big shotgun" and wants Jeb to roll film on it, but is afraid of spooging on Jeb.

Case closed.

WRONG: I look like William Katt circa HOUSE, not GREATEST AMERICAN HERO. Other than that, totally accurate.

Ok, for reals: I do wear glasses! I am on Facebook, Mike. Aren't we friendededneded? My face is usually obscured by 1 or 2 babies yanking my hair, vomiting on me, or using my prominent brow as a jungle gym.

More
03 Feb 2012 18:28 - 03 Feb 2012 18:37 #115230 by Schweig!

SuperflyTNT wrote: First, I don't own any shotguns. Second, if I did, they wouldn't be chrome or nickel plated - those are for douchebags who want to show off, are rarer, and are easily identifiable by witnesses.

This isn't about you though, this is about Barnes' impression of you. Therefore: silver sawed-off shotgun

Since the wallet stands for your American freedom and liberties, I'm the guy trying to take these away from you. The taking photographs in the end is a metaphor of me drawing a cartoon.

I can't figure out what Jeb has to do in the dream though. Maybe he's just there for comic relief.
Last edit: 03 Feb 2012 18:37 by Schweig!.

More
03 Feb 2012 18:53 #115232 by SuperflyPete
You need to make this into a cartoon.

And Mike knows, because I've said in the past, that I carried a 1911. Coincidentally, one very similar to the one he noted (Kimber Ultra Carry?) that his dad brought over for Christmas.

I stand by my analysis. Or is that Analisys? :)

More
03 Feb 2012 18:55 - 03 Feb 2012 19:02 #115233 by ubarose
It means that you are feeling ambivalent about a decision or choice you have made or need to make regarding finances and family responsibilities. You or torn between a desire to be true to yourself (perhaps your principles, dreams, integrity, honor, personal desires), your responsibilities as a husband and father, and your need (desire) to provide for your family or be fiscally responsible.

ETA: Are you thinking about having a third child? Changing jobs? Making a large purchase, like a house or a car?
Last edit: 03 Feb 2012 19:02 by ubarose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

More
03 Feb 2012 19:08 #115238 by SuperflyPete
So, what Uba is saying is that your TRUE persona is a gun-wielding, tattooed FATCaster and your "GROWNUP" persona is....Jeb Jebba Jebbadoo?

OMG. That's awesome, Shellie. I needed a laugh today. +1

More
03 Feb 2012 19:08 #115239 by Jackwraith
I think Uba is getting overwhelmed by that whole Friday night responsibility thing...

More
03 Feb 2012 19:45 #115242 by ubarose

SuperflyTNT wrote: So, what Uba is saying is that your TRUE persona is a gun-wielding, tattooed FATCaster and your "GROWNUP" persona is....Jeb Jebba Jebbadoo?

OMG. That's awesome, Shellie. I needed a laugh today. +1

Barnes is his true self. Matt and Jeb are just aspects - the id and the super ego if you are into Freud. The thief is also Barnes. Barnes is stealing from himself. The question is, what is Barnes taking from/giving to himself and why and how does he feel about it? Why does it upset one aspect of himself, but not the other.

More
03 Feb 2012 20:00 - 03 Feb 2012 20:08 #115244 by Sagrilarus
Buritto Night in the Barnes house.

S.
Last edit: 03 Feb 2012 20:08 by Sagrilarus.

More
03 Feb 2012 20:20 #115246 by Ken B.
Damn, my recurring dreams are:

a.) I'm at a Mall with friends and/or family. There's an arcade there full of games I've never seen or played. Sometimes the arcade is closed or out of business. It's always near closing time at the mall. Usually there's someone we can't find and are trying to get out before it closes.

b.) We're travelling, and along the road somewhere is a fair or carnival. We always stop. The carnival always has this crazy dangerous, totally fucked up Roller Coaster that everyone is waiting to ride. Although I spend the entire dream talking about riding it, or even getting in line for it, I usually wake up before that happens.

c.) I'm in a department store and they have every fucking video game known to man--and a whole hell of a lot of them that don't even exist. I buy them all and wake up disappointed that I don't own them.

The weirdest dream I ever had (besides the fucked up ones I had when I was on morphine at the hospital) was where a friend and I were travelling home from Georgia, and we became aware that a serial killer was chasing us. We made it to like one mile before my childhood home and pulled over at this old store (that actually does exist, but is long out of business.) I look down the road and a whole group of these guys are still chasing us--apparently the serial killer had brought friends to finally catch us.

We get in the car to speed away, and I look up and they're floating behind the car, standing with arms at their sides, with stone-faced expressions and eerie smiles. The faster we drive, we just pull them along. I look in the glove compartment and I see a People magazine with Johnny Carson on the cover. I start ripping out pages and throwing them out the window; when the pages hit the evil dudes behind us, they disappear completely.

I had this dream years and years ago but it was so vivid I remember it to this day.

Dreams are weird shit, man Barnes, I think your dream has to do with being torn between the aspects of the personalities you assign to Loter and Jeb. Loter is definitely the id. Jeb is the peaceful, hip jokester. I don't agree with Shellie about the thief--the thief is most likely just a generic representation of something external that is threatening you...your mind is just portraying it as a cliche, the common criminal.

The id wins in your scenario, and all the other aspects of your personality are coming to grips with the consequences. It isn't necessarily violence, just the action of doing whatever it is deep down that you really want.

PAGING DR. FREUD~!

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.303 seconds