October 09, 2023
2527 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2729 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place to talk about stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else.

Loter shot a man in my dream last night...

More
04 Feb 2012 04:39 #115290 by MattFantastic
I had a long day at work and get to go right back after I sleep now, but this thread has cheered me emmensely.

Stephen Avery wrote: Interesting. Loter is like a younger less jaded and slightly more gay Micheal Barns.

I should use this to promote the FATCast. If I had a box, I'd put this on the back.

I remember most of my dreams and they are totally insane and awesome. I tend to have dreams that are like weirdo action fantasy and sci fi movies with the occasional dip into the "adult" tableau. Like I'm fighting dinosaurs in space and then have sex on a comet. Last night I drempt about stealing a chocolate pie from a farmer though so sometimes it's not quite as exciting. I also remember dreaming about people on here, but can't recall any details right now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Feb 2012 06:48 #115293 by Hatchling

Michael Barnes wrote: I'm more confused and upset about it now than I was before. There are still so many questions. Like why Loter wasn't wearing heels...and was the thief actually QPCloudy? He looks like a robber in his avatar picture. The sawed off shotgun...why silver? Loter isn't ostentatious like that. And why didn't he just krav maga the dude? And where was Ken B. in all of this, one page of his magic People magazine could have prevented the bloodshed.

A detail I omitted is that the gaming event seemed to be at Cumberland Mall, which is where I bought my first copy of Settlers of Catan...and where I bought Ogre and Saga at the Circus World toy store sometime in the early 1980s. Come to think of it, it's also where I bought my first RPG, Star Frontiers.

They also used to have an Oshman's Sporting Goods that sold guns. Heh. A mall store selling guns. That was a long time ago.

But there was also a German restaraunt there called Mr. Dunderbach's. Could that tie Schweig into this somehow?

This kind of free association of images is key to unravelling what you were thinking when you had the dream. Let your mind wander and keep wandering on each of those images. Eventually an issue will crystalize, and for that to happen you need to clarify to yourself how all the images are (as uba mentioned) of you. A dream is just you thinking about yourself and your experience, but in such a way that you don't realize that it's you (because if you did you'd wake up). The ultimate purpose of dreams is to keep the dreamer sleeping despite any provocation to wake up and become self-aware, and so the dream is never about what it seems to be. Something provoked you: some idea or issue that you didn't have a chance to sort out before sleeping. The dream is a decoy. But if you hang out with it long enough, you can trace it back to what it is hiding.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose

More
04 Feb 2012 13:04 #115299 by stormseeker75
Mike's dream is just a reminder to me that as terrible as people can be we are sometimes completely awesome.

More
04 Feb 2012 17:06 #115303 by Notahandle
Government Health Warning - F:ATcasts can seriously damage your mental health.

Michael: Are you sure it was a shotgun? I put it to you that it was a different object and it's colour wasn't silver but gold!

Ken B. wrote:
" b.) We're travelling, and along the road somewhere is a fair or carnival. We always stop. The carnival always has this crazy dangerous, totally fucked up Roller Coaster that everyone is waiting to ride. Although I spend the entire dream talking about riding it, or even getting in line for it, I usually wake up before that happens."
The Roller Coaster is Barney.

More
05 Feb 2012 23:48 #115368 by jur
I stopped paying attention to my dreams since my parents broke up an month after I dreamed they did. It's better not to know.

A girlfriend once told me she dreamed of me while she was floating across grassy field and then it started to rain on her. I supposed it was a negative dream but she said it wasn't. At all.

So I prefer other people's dreams to mine

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds