October 09, 2023
2532 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2735 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place to talk about stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else.

Loter shot a man in my dream last night...

More
03 Feb 2012 20:26 #115247 by SuperflyPete

ubarose wrote:

SuperflyTNT wrote: So, what Uba is saying is that your TRUE persona is a gun-wielding, tattooed FATCaster and your "GROWNUP" persona is....Jeb Jebba Jebbadoo?

OMG. That's awesome, Shellie. I needed a laugh today. +1

Barnes is his true self. Matt and Jeb are just aspects - the id and the super ego if you are into Freud. The thief is also Barnes. Barnes is stealing from himself. The question is, what is Barnes taking from/giving to himself and why and how does he feel about it? Why does it upset one aspect of himself, but not the other.

Semen. Mike's flexibility is LEGENDARY, and his penchant for recycling is commendable. Jeb is the little angel saying "It's a SIN!!! SINNER!!!" and Loter is the little devil saying "You aren't a second class citizen just because you like a good dick once in a while!"

This is getting better and better.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Feb 2012 20:46 #115249 by Chapel

Michael Barnes wrote:
WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN?

I think it means you been playing too many damned video games.

More
03 Feb 2012 20:55 #115254 by Ancient_of_MuMu
It must be the week for Loter dreams.

Last week after listening to too much FATcast I had a dream that my wife and I were hanging out with Matt and Trisha Loter because I was back at university and taking lectures in "Clothes Washing" from Trisha. Then Matt starts hitting on my wife and she starts responding. Then I thought "Well, I might as well give up on keeping my wife now because I can't compete with Loter" and wandered dejectedly off. Then I had a brave moment, decided my wife was important to me and I would fight for her anyway. And then I woke up ...

I guess my dream was telling me I am a smelly unwashed gamer with low self esteem who somehow miraculously managed to get a female interested in me, but surely it won't last.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

More
03 Feb 2012 21:00 #115258 by Shellhead
I suspect Loter inspires many nightmares with those Marty Feldman eyes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

More
03 Feb 2012 21:11 #115260 by NeonPeon
Sometimes Matt Loter with a shotgun is just Matt Loter with a shotgun.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jur, Bullwinkle

More
03 Feb 2012 21:25 #115261 by Shellhead
Barnes, you omitted a very important detail: was it a sawed-off shotgun?

More
03 Feb 2012 21:42 #115262 by jeb

Shellhead wrote: Barnes, you omitted a very important detail: was it a sawed-off shotgun?

I see where this is going.

This dream is awesome, and I love that I am the merry prankster in your dream interpretations, but check this out:

I am a lucid dreamer--I am usually aware on some level that I am dreaming and I will wake myself if I decide a dream sucks. That said, I cannot make myself dream something awesome. I basically participate in the TV show, but I can turn it off if I want to. I don't get to write the script. Sadly, my dreams are usually stone boring. I had a dream about really thoroughly exploring an old boarding house I used to live in. That's about as good as they get.

..until last night.

Last night I had super powers. I could fly (which was fucking awesome) and was probably super strong or invulnerable, but I didn't really get a chance to try that out. I defintely had super-confidence. Some kind of Tojo monster was big and doing bad things to what looked like the neighborhood from TOO CLOSE FOR COMFORT. So I start flying around and am debating about what to do about this big baddie, when 1) I realize I am flying and how that's awesome and 2) the giant apes show up. I think they're good guys! One is a baby gorilla, but about 16' - 17' feet tall. The other is his momma and she's huge! I am pretty sure they are on my side, so now I am trying to convince them to come help me contain foam rubbery lobster claw guy over there.

Things are fuzzy, but I was flying to the top of some weird golden metal monument in Chicago's Lakeshore district to get the Momma gorilla down--she had holed up there. That's all I can remember.

The flying thing though! Highly recommended!
The following user(s) said Thank You: scissors

More
03 Feb 2012 21:48 #115263 by Shellhead
I've never been able to fly in my dreams, but sometimes I can super-leap. Not leaping over a building in a single bound, but definitely some superhuman leaps like 20 to 30 feet in the air. It's a giddy feeling. Oddly enough, the only times that I ever fall are during nightmares where I'm running away from something, then trip and fall forward like I'm going to faceplant. I always wake up as the ground rushes up towards my face.

More
03 Feb 2012 21:59 #115265 by Egg Shen
Barnes omitted the part of his dream when QPcloudy arrived on the scene as a police officer. He then threatened to strike him down with a billy club with the word "NOOB" inscribed on it. Also Barnes couldn't see Cloudy's face...just that insufferable blue scarf/blanket.

Not knowing what his face looked like drove him to the brink of madness like some sort of helpless lovecraftian protagonist. That's when he woke up...

More
03 Feb 2012 22:01 #115266 by ubarose
Every so often I have a dream that I'm driving my car. I push down on the break pedal, but the car won't stop.

It always means my break fluid is low.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ska_baron

More
03 Feb 2012 22:34 #115272 by Michael Barnes
I'm more confused and upset about it now than I was before. There are still so many questions. Like why Loter wasn't wearing heels...and was the thief actually QPCloudy? He looks like a robber in his avatar picture. The sawed off shotgun...why silver? Loter isn't ostentatious like that. And why didn't he just krav maga the dude? And where was Ken B. in all of this, one page of his magic People magazine could have prevented the bloodshed.

A detail I omitted is that the gaming event seemed to be at Cumberland Mall, which is where I bought my first copy of Settlers of Catan...and where I bought Ogre and Saga at the Circus World toy store sometime in the early 1980s. Come to think of it, it's also where I bought my first RPG, Star Frontiers.

They also used to have an Oshman's Sporting Goods that sold guns. Heh. A mall store selling guns. That was a long time ago.

But there was also a German restaraunt there called Mr. Dunderbach's. Could that tie Schweig into this somehow?

More
03 Feb 2012 23:21 #115274 by Shellhead
It depends on whether Mr. Dunderbach's serves milch und gerkin.

More
03 Feb 2012 23:59 #115281 by billyz
I envy all of you that remember your dreams: it's like your subconscious mind is leaving you a pm.

I haven't remembered very many dreams since College. I don't know why. The last dream that I vividly remember happened 20 years ago: I was a working on a construction site and fell under a moving Bulldozer. I remember feeling pressure and then everything went black.I actually remember wondering if that was what death was like in my dream. I didn't wake up and I didn't remember having another dream when I woke up.

I've died and not woken up in my dreams three or four times.

More
04 Feb 2012 01:51 #115284 by Stephen Avery
Interesting. Loter is like a younger less jaded and slightly more gay Micheal Barns. Did he wear your face afterward?

Steve"Psycho Anal ist"Avery

More
04 Feb 2012 02:00 #115286 by Schweig!
I usually don't dream at night (or I don't remember the dreams as supposedly you always dream) except for very rare occasions. Then these dreams are always very long, complex and involve me desperately trying to solve a problem I caused myself. The funny thing about it is that I usually wake up after I somehow managed to solve the problem, either directly or by covering everything up, and when awake consider myself fortunate. Then I notice that all of it wasn't real. Sometimes then I feel sad that all the stress and effort was wasted.

Two or three times I remember tricking my dream, when in the dream I notice something illogical and think to myself, wait a second this must be a dream, and then wake up.

Usually no people I know occur in my dreams. I also can't say if I dream in colour or with sound.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds