Discover, grow, develop your technology and confront the opposition.
A civilization-building game for 2 players using
- Discovered terrain
- 4 types of pieces
- Technology tree
This game employs board discovery and technological development to make every turn a different problem to figure out. The player who can best read and forecast the trends and future potentials to find the best efficiencies will triumph.
Unlike most war games that use output randomness, utilizes input randomness to resolve matters such as combat. Thus, combat without dice or any other random factor (such as cards). Instead, you contend with the vicissitudes of board discovery, position and changes to the basic rules (via technology) as the game goes on, the rain point being that randomness of the draw sets you up in your situation and then it is your challenge to move and fight to make the most of it.
So if the dice hate you, this is your game!
The four types of units:
- Hunters – your attackers!
- Farmers – excellent defenders who also grow food
- Healers – restoring the sick and wounded
- Artificers – researching new technologies
The five types of terrain on the 96 hexagonal tiles:
- Fields – best for farming
- Forest and Plains – best for hunting
- Mountains – contain minerals useful for technology
- Lake – an obstacle, at least at the beginning