October 09, 2023
2717 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2877 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What VIDEO GAME(s) have you been playing? ARCHIVE

More
29 Sep 2009 13:59 #43175 by metalface13
The updated Military Madness XBLA game drops tomorrow.
The topic has been locked.
More
29 Sep 2009 14:12 #43183 by Black Barney
what's that game about? Is it turn-based strategy? (*crosses fingers*)
More
29 Sep 2009 14:35 #43192 by metalface13
Black Barney wrote:

what's that game about? Is it turn-based strategy? (*crosses fingers*)

Yeah it's turn-based! The best kind of games around. The original was a TG-16 game, never played it.
More
29 Sep 2009 15:21 #43199 by Black Barney
oh wow, that sounds great. We haven't had any good turn-based games for 360 yet, especially in Arcade (Commanders: Attack of the Genos was really so-so and Band of Bugs just couldn't hack it)

fockin' Civ Revolution was the best one available for now and you get totally bored of it after one week.

I hear Tank Strike is fantastic
More
29 Sep 2009 16:14 #43212 by metalface13
Black Barney wrote:

oh wow, that sounds great. We haven't had any good turn-based games for 360 yet, especially in Arcade (Commanders: Attack of the Genos was really so-so and Band of Bugs just couldn't hack it)

fockin' Civ Revolution was the best one available for now and you get totally bored of it after one week.

I really wish Sega would bring Valkyria Chronicles to 360.
More
29 Sep 2009 16:49 #43221 by mikoyan
metalface13 wrote:

Black Barney wrote:

I wish Jackasses would bring the Fallout DLC to the Play Station....so whatever...:P
More
29 Sep 2009 19:05 #43250 by Lagduf
mikoyan wrote:

metalface13 wrote:

Black Barney wrote:

I wish Jackasses would bring the Fallout DLC to the Play Station....so whatever...:P

Don't keep up on the VG news much?

You'll get all the DLC in October.
More
29 Sep 2009 20:17 #43259 by Lagduf
jeb wrote:

Talk to me more about SHADOW COMPLEX. How long, etc? I'm tempted.

Hey, I'm still playing CRACKDOWN. The obvious comparison is to GRAND THEFT AUTO, except thematically, they are diametrically opposed. In one, I am crook de jour, offing gangsters to make my way up the food chain. In the other, I am The Man, killing randoms because they get in my way. I feel more like ED-209, and I'd rather be Boddicker. That's all.

Is this how 3rd person control works in general on Xbox 360? I'm pretty fucked then--it's going to take a little adjusting. Seriously--I look at the ground a lot. This re-affirms my faith in the Wii controlss. It's point-and-shoot, man. If you have a Wii, go play RESIDENT EVIL 4: WII EDITION.

I'm pretty sure I saw BORDERLANDS on the shelf at GameStop yesterday. Me, I got VIEWTIFUL JOE for GameCube for $3; which is crazy, but what can ya do.

Thats how all third person games using dual analog sticks work.

You might need to invert you controls.
More
29 Sep 2009 22:36 #43283 by mikoyan
Lagduf wrote:

Don't keep up on the VG news much?

You'll get all the DLC in October.

Thank you thank you thank you. Might have to start playing Fallout again to get set up...:)
More
07 Oct 2009 13:00 #44059 by metalface13
I can't stop playing Magic: Duels of the Planeswalkers. I finished unlocking all the green deck and red deck cards. Just starting with the black deck.

In other bad news, it has me eyeballing Magic 2010. Good thing that doesn't come out for a while.
More
07 Oct 2009 13:09 #44062 by jeb
metalface13 wrote:

I can't stop playing Magic: Duels of the Planeswalkers. I finished unlocking all the green deck and red deck cards. Just starting with the black deck.

In other bad news, it has me eyeballing Magic 2010. Good thing that doesn't come out for a while.

MAGIC 2010 the cardboard? That's been out for a spell now. You talking about the DLC expansion (DUEL THE DRAGON?) I'm on that like... me.. on BIOSHOCK. Shit, I am stymied by that simile.

Anyway, I don't shoot the ground nearly as much in CRACKDOWN. I'm adjusting nicely there. I've down with the whole autotarget, shoot shoot, autotarget, shoot shoot. Here's some q's for those in the know:

1) I can't switch to 2° for the life of me. Where's that fucking button?
2) Why would I ever use limpet charges--is there someway to actually blow those up without shooting them?

I've been playing IKARUGA (ask Barnes about this. Ask him about this a lot.) Some CASTLE CRASHERS, and some MAGIC for the most part. CRACKDOWN ate up a chunk of morning the other day when my daughter was sick. My kids are still desperate for SUPER MARIO GALAXY in the evenings.
More
07 Oct 2009 13:55 #44071 by metalface13
jeb wrote:

MAGIC 2010 the cardboard? That's been out for a spell now. You talking about the DLC expansion (DUEL THE DRAGON?) I'm on that like... me.. on BIOSHOCK. Shit, I am stymied by that simile.[/quote]

It is? I guess I got confused because it's called 2010, I figured it would come out in 2010 rather than 2009. A DLC expansion for Duels of the Planeswalkers has announced?
More
07 Oct 2009 14:45 #44075 by jeb
metalface13 wrote:

jeb wrote:

metalface13 wrote:

MAGIC 2010 the cardboard? That's been out for a spell now. You talking about the DLC expansion (DUEL THE DRAGON?) I'm on that like... me.. on BIOSHOCK. Shit, I am stymied by that simile.

It is? I guess I got confused because it's called 2010, I figured it would come out in 2010 rather than 2009. A DLC expansion for Duels of the Planeswalkers has announced?

Yep. Here's the rundown... No date as yet, but you'll get three more decks to unlock including Tizzeret's. Nicol Bolas makes an appearance. More challenges, including some that take more than one turn. Still no deck editing. Still no online co-op.
More
07 Oct 2009 15:12 #44076 by Rliyen
metalface13 wrote:

Likewise, I can't stop playing Dredd vs. Death. I've finished the game on easy and normal. Now, I'm playing it on hard, which isn't really hard, especially when you know the layouts of the levels. Just avoid getting shot and/or jumped by vampires.

I've unlocked all the characters, save Judge Hershey, but her minigame's a joke. I'll get around to it eventually.

As for the cheats, the last one to unlock is "Infinite Lawmeter" which allows you to go apeshit (Normally, Control doesn't like it when you set perps aflame with Incendiary, nor do they like it when you kill surrendered perps, shoot other Judges, and kill innocent civilians.) Problem is, the game to unlock it is scary fucking hard (keep a group of civvies alive for 4 minutes while fending off vampires.

The best looking cheats are Superdeformed Mode and low gravity ragdoll. It's awesome killing someone and watch their body float lazily in the air, like a leaf riding a gentle breeze.
More
07 Oct 2009 21:37 #44117 by jeb
Rliyen wrote:

Likewise, I can't stop playing Dredd vs. Death. I've finished the game on easy and normal. Now, I'm playing it on hard, which isn't really hard, especially when you know the layouts of the levels. Just avoid getting shot and/or jumped by vampires.

I've unlocked all the characters, save Judge Hershey, but her minigame's a joke. I'll get around to it eventually.

As for the cheats, the last one to unlock is "Infinite Lawmeter" which allows you to go apeshit (Normally, Control doesn't like it when you set perps aflame with Incendiary, nor do they like it when you kill surrendered perps, shoot other Judges, and kill innocent civilians.) Problem is, the game to unlock it is scary fucking hard (keep a group of civvies alive for 4 minutes while fending off vampires.

The best looking cheats are Superdeformed Mode and low gravity ragdoll. It's awesome killing someone and watch their body float lazily in the air, like a leaf riding a gentle breeze.

What platform are you playing this on? I love it when a game gets under your skin and you just can't it away. Last one to really do that for me was CASTLEVANIA: D of S. Dissonace of Shadows? Souls? Duality? D of S for sure, I know because it was like DS.
Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.791 seconds