October 09, 2023
2515 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2715 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What VIDEO GAME(s) have you been playing?

More
29 Mar 2021 18:14 #321392 by Rliyen

Ah_Pook wrote: There's a bunch of random free games on the playstation store atm, including Subnautica and Enter the Gungeon. I've been playing some Gungeon, which is fun. Not sure how long I'll stick with it, but it's a good one of those twin stick rogue lights. I can't tell if I care about Subnautica but I downloaded it and it looks potentially neat.

I burned out halfway through the second DLC for Control, which is a shame because I did the one without the cool lore stuff first by accident. I did get the platinum trophy for the base game, and I think the DLC was solid I just didn't need to play it right after playing so much of the base game.

Ah, Enter the Funyun. A game that will gladly knock you on your ass and say, "Try again, bitch."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Mar 2021 02:45 #321395 by adamr
Completing Enter The Gungeon for the first time felt fantastic, and there is soooo much extra content. It's probably my favourite roguelite.

Personally I've been pouring time into Dorf Romantik, Loop Hero and yet more Rocket League.

Dorf Romantik is pretty much my perfect game: village-building, super chilled, pretty to look at, relaxing music, tile-placing puzzles. I worry it might get old quite quick, but for now I love it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rliyen, jeb

More
30 Mar 2021 09:20 #321407 by hotseatgames
Still having a blast with Jupiter Hell, although the "humor" would be more at home in Duke Nukem 3D. Now, I do love Duke 3D, but it's a product of its time.

More
30 Mar 2021 11:21 #321423 by Rliyen

adamr wrote: Completing Enter The Gungeon for the first time felt fantastic, and there is soooo much extra content. It's probably my favourite roguelite.

Personally I've been pouring time into Dorf Romantik, Loop Hero and yet more Rocket League.

Dorf Romantik is pretty much my perfect game: village-building, super chilled, pretty to look at, relaxing music, tile-placing puzzles. I worry it might get old quite quick, but for now I love it.

And all the god-awfully funny gun puns and wink and nods to other franchises. My favorite were the references to the miniatures game VOID. The devs have fine taste.

More
31 Mar 2021 15:38 #321513 by jpat
I know I'm way late to the party on this one, but I think the thing that's impressed me most so far (not very far in) about Super Mario Odyssey (with my last Super Mario game having been Sunshine on the GameCube) is how much of a pick-up-and-play it seems to have been designed to be. The levels/sections are (so far) short but interesting and the penalty for dying has been minimal and typically doesn't require starting a level over.

Getting a new PC in the next couple of days after having had a Mac for 8+ years (so you know generally what that means for gaming), so I'm looking forward to some new gaming opportunities.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rliyen, SebastianBludd

More
31 Mar 2021 16:12 #321515 by Ah_Pook
I bought Dorf Romantic and it's really great for what it set out to be. Basically it's chill single player Carcassonne.

More
31 Mar 2021 16:14 #321516 by Ah_Pook

hotseatgames wrote: Still having a blast with Jupiter Hell, although the "humor" would be more at home in Duke Nukem 3D. Now, I do love Duke 3D, but it's a product of its time.

Man this reminds me of how Duke Nukem Forever exists. Oof.

More
31 Mar 2021 16:28 #321517 by hotseatgames
I, foolishly, bought the fancy collector's edition of Duke Nukem Forever. This was of course before I had actually played it. My thinking at the time was, I've waited for this game to come out for 12 years. I had a TON of fun with Duke 3D. Even if it sucks, it evens out.

Yeah, it sucked. What a disappointment.

More
31 Mar 2021 17:31 - 31 Mar 2021 17:32 #321524 by Michael Barnes
Disco Elysium came out on PS5. So far it is like a cross between Planescape: Torment, Douglas Adam, and Columbo. I really do not know what to make of it yet.

I’ve also been playing Warhammer Chaosbane. It’s one of those games that is really kind of just barely good, but oddly satisfying and enjoyable. Very cut-rate Diablo, which is fine. Just mowing down Nurglings, Ungors, and Plaguebearers.

I had been playing God of War but I have such a weird reaction to it. Sometimes it is absolutely incredible. Other times it is stunning. Sometimes it’s even heartfelt and moving. But I find it weirdly exhausting. The supremely high quality just kind of wears me out. I specifically went with Chaosbane to play something rougher around the edges and less...perfect?
Last edit: 31 Mar 2021 17:32 by Michael Barnes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, sornars

More
31 Mar 2021 21:47 #321548 by Andi Lennon
I've been enjoying Space Hulk Tactics so much I may have just splurged on a copy of the actual tabletop game. Oh god the tension. It's exquisite.

Been Grooving on 'Thumper' too, it's a supremely addictive timewaster. I need to grab Disco Elysium on Steam while I can as our enlightened Government have just refused it classification over here due to 'drug references'. We're a backwards-ass island.

God of War bored me to tears, the much vaunted 'Emotional Arc' was barely storytelling. I actually reviewed it for launch day release back when I wrote for a VG site, gave it a 6/10 and was roundly crucified. I feel the same way about titles like Uncharted, Red Dead Redemption et al. Safe, polished, dull as fuck. I don't want my games to be movies. Most movies are terrible.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, sornars, Nodens

More
31 Mar 2021 22:37 #321551 by hotseatgames
Space Hulk Tactics is a cool game. I should go back to that one some day. Still having way too much fun in Jupiter Hell.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andi Lennon

More
31 Mar 2021 23:19 #321553 by Andi Lennon

hotseatgames wrote: Space Hulk Tactics is a cool game. I should go back to that one some day. Still having way too much fun in Jupiter Hell.

Hit me up if you'd like to thrown down for a vs. game (I'm playing on PS4)

More
01 Apr 2021 08:29 #321561 by hotseatgames
I had it on PC as part of game pass. I don’t know if it’s still on there.

More
02 Apr 2021 00:15 #321600 by Ah_Pook

Ah_Pook wrote:

I've been grinding this level for like 70hrs over the last three months and haven't uploaded it yet. It has certainly leveled up my shell kaizo game though, and now uploading stuff like this is relatively easy.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Frohike

More
02 Apr 2021 13:24 #321604 by jpat

Michael Barnes wrote: Disco Elysium came out on PS5. So far it is like a cross between Planescape: Torment, Douglas Adam, and Columbo. I really do not know what to make of it yet.

This is near the top of my list to get for the PC. Description wise, it seems right up my alley.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 1.925 seconds