October 09, 2023
2643 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2831 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place to talk about stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else.

How Connected to F:AT is Your Game Group?

More
22 Feb 2012 15:16 #117342 by Egg Shen
I'm pretty much the only person in my group that knows about F:AT or BGG for that matter. A few of them are former Magic players and they follow whatever Wizards/Hasbro is putting out (which led to one of them getting the D&D Adventure System games). For the most part I do the majority of the research and buying of games. Which works out because game nights don't happen all that often and we treat them as big day long events. I love to cook and host parties so I've become the de-facto "leader" of the game group if you will.

Besides that I'm fairly new around here and I've never gamed with any of you (online or in person). As far as I know I think I'm the only user from Rhode Island that posts on this site!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Feb 2012 15:21 #117344 by ubarose

San Il Defanso wrote: I knew that Uba and Kingput were related. I did NOT know they were related to Chapel. What's the connection there?

Chapel our distant cousin. We discovered our relationship here on F:AT when discussing A Few Acres of Snow and our mutual interest in the French and Indian War.

More
22 Feb 2012 15:46 #117350 by Chapel

San Il Defanso wrote: I knew that Uba and Kingput were related. I did NOT know they were related to Chapel. What's the connection there?

We're kin folk. The hills are full of our lot. ;)

More
22 Feb 2012 16:01 #117355 by repoman

Egg Shen wrote: As far as I know I think I'm the only user from Rhode Island that posts on this site!

That's it, the next time I have a game day at my house I'm gonna invite you Egg and you can make the drive from Rhode Island to Connecticut. Not that bad of a drive. Somewhere in the 1.5 hour range so long as you are on the near side of the bay.

More
22 Feb 2012 16:19 #117362 by DukeofChutney
Not many faties on this side of the pond, let alone north of the M62, where i roam. I have 2 gaming groups, one is completely unaware of either here or TOS, the other has a few folks that sparodically look at TOS and may have accounts.

More
22 Feb 2012 16:48 #117377 by Chapel

Jeff White wrote:
Hopefully this year. Or next. :)

Playing Dune next month for my monthly game night at my house. I know it's kind of a haul from Kyle to Round Rock, but keep it in mind.

More
22 Feb 2012 16:52 - 22 Feb 2012 16:53 #117381 by Mr. White

Chapel wrote:

Jeff White wrote:

Playing Dune next month for my monthly game night at my house. I know it's kind of a haul from Kyle to Round Rock, but keep it in mind.

But not impossible. What nights are your monthlies usually on?

Oddly enough, we're playing Dune on March 8th in Kyle.
Last edit: 22 Feb 2012 16:53 by Mr. White.

More
22 Feb 2012 17:04 #117386 by Chapel

Jeff White wrote:

Chapel wrote:

Jeff White wrote:

But not impossible. What nights are your monthlies usually on?

Oddly enough, we're playing Dune on March 8th in Kyle.

Haven't set a date yet, but usually do it on a friday evening. I should have it solidified in a week or so. I'll let you know.

More
22 Feb 2012 17:13 #117390 by Egg Shen

repoman wrote:

Egg Shen wrote: As far as I know I think I'm the only user from Rhode Island that posts on this site!

That's it, the next time I have a game day at my house I'm gonna invite you Egg and you can make the drive from Rhode Island to Connecticut. Not that bad of a drive. Somewhere in the 1.5 hour range so long as you are on the near side of the bay.

Sounds like a plan. I'm smack dab in the middle of Rhode Island. Not a big deal though since the state is so goddamn small lol. Also, unlike most typical RI natives, I don't find a drive longer than 25 minutes to be "far away".

We've got friends in Cromwell CT as well as Glastonbury, CT...I think it only takes about an hour and a half to get there.

More
22 Feb 2012 17:25 #117394 by Disgustipater
No one in my regular game group visits F:AT or BGG. One guy who I only play with occassionally originally mentioned F:AT, which is how I heard of it, but I've never seen him posting here (under a name I recognize anway).

I have played a few games with Chasch and dave, local guys I met up with from here.

More
22 Feb 2012 17:33 #117396 by ubarose

Egg Shen wrote:

repoman wrote:

Sounds like a plan. I'm smack dab in the middle of Rhode Island. Not a big deal though since the state is so goddamn small lol. Also, unlike most typical RI natives, I don't find a drive longer than 25 minutes to be "far away".

We've got friends in Cromwell CT as well as Glastonbury, CT...I think it only takes about an hour and a half to get there.

I live a couple of miles from Repoman and I can make it to Providence in about 45 minutes; an hour if I get stuck behind a slow stuck.

More
22 Feb 2012 18:19 #117399 by repoman
1) By a couple miles...that's what she means...2 miles...maybe..if you go the long way.

2) 45 Min to Providence? You must drive a lot faster than I. :)

More
22 Feb 2012 18:47 #117405 by Egg Shen
I live about 10-15 minutes outside of Providence...in Warwick. So I would imagine the ride wouldn't be too much longer.

More
22 Feb 2012 20:12 #117416 by MattFantastic
For the real CT experience, make sure me and Josh are there too. FATCast in real life!

Shellie blew it this year and didn't have another big nerdfest birthday party. How bout a big nerdfest half birthday party in March?

Also, Egg, come down for ConnCon! Not that far and as long as you're not a murderer you can crash for free with us!

More
22 Feb 2012 21:17 #117423 by Notahandle
Death and Taxis wrote:
" Did he spit beer in your face and call you a cunt?"
No. But he did curse his dice rolling a few times.

Disgustipater wrote:
" I have played a few games with Chasch and dave, local guys I met up with from here."

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds