June 01, 2021
354 0
T
thegiantbrain
June 01, 2021
287 0

Episode 73 - Double Time

Podcasts & Videos
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

Marvel Champions

More
10 Jun 2021 15:17 #323857 by Shellhead
I gave Quicksilver the Defense upgrade, figuring that he could do some blocking for Scarlet Witch, who seems to be a bit short on allies. I gave Scarlet Witch the Thwart upgrade since she was the only one on this team running a Justice deck. I will eventually change up the aspects on the Quartet and make another run at the Red Skull, but I'm not feeling it right now. I don't mind losing a game, but I dislike feeling that I never even had a chance. I realize that some MC players really like a tough challenge, but I think it's wrong to make a specific adventure within a campaign so hard that you need to re-tool your decks mid-campaign just to deal with it. Anyway, my next attempt will likely be Quicksilver (Justice), Cap (Leadership), Hawkeye (Aggression), and Scarlet Witch (Justice).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kmann

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jun 2021 17:43 #323871 by Kmann
My first run at Red Skull took me three or four times to beat him. I was using the heroes from the box (Hawkeye & Spider-Woman) and had been making slight tweaks to their pre-con decks the whole way through the campaign taking our what wasn't working to try something that might.

He's tough, but I don't think he's unbeatable like what I hear about Ronan, and overall I think the box is spot on in terms of difficulty. I took Hulk and She-Hulk through the campaign just to see if it could be done and they absolutely clobbered him. Of course I've only ever played it two handed so I can imagine things get crazy very fast with four heroes on the table.

All that said, my power duo of Iron-Man and Spider-Man who had mostly coasted through the campaign and beaten every single individual villain I threw at them, took their first loss ever to Red Skull last night by getting schemed out.

It was pilot error. I'd been keeping tabs on the main scheme but also clearing side schemes that could've stuck around a little longer with no real detriment. He was getting close to the win when I got the card that makes you pull two Hydra minions. Being clever I chose two basic soldiers who only have 2hp and no tough or guard. They do, however, both incite 1. Couple that with Iron-Man reshuffling his deck and pulling an encounter for doing so, Red Skull's level 3 scheme stat of 3, an attachment I hadn't bothered to clear which gives him +1 scheme, getting a "villain schemes" encounter and pulling a boost card that let him scheme again and it was all over. Even with the Surveillance Van sitting out on the main.

In the immortal words of Ron Burgundy, it escalated quickly... But I know this pair can beat him so I'll ignore the 'campaign is over' rule and send them out again.

More
10 Jun 2021 18:03 #323873 by Shellhead
My previous (first) run through the Red Skull basic campaign was going well until I got to Red Skull. I was running the default starter decks for Cap, Spider-Woman, Hawkeye, and Black Panther (Protection). I lost, changed up aspects, and lost again. IIRC, I finally won with default Spider-Woman plus Hawkeye (Aggression), and both Cap and BP running Justice.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds