October 09, 2023
2533 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2738 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Welcome to one of the oldest board game communities on the Internet. That may sound like hyperbole but it really is true.

We are really happy to have you here. Unfortunately, being online we can't bond with you over a game so you'd know right away how happy we are to meet you. For now, you'll just have to take our word for it.

This site has always thrived on lively discussion and spirited but civil debate. We hope that newcomers here will find a welcoming atmosphere where game enthusiasts of all levels of experience and commitment will have something to add to the conversation. You never need to prove your “gamer cred” here. Whether you have been playing board games for a few months or a few decades; whether you have a huge collection or a small one; whether you have been a member here for years or just joined today – your opinion is valued here.

We know that it can be intimidating to jump into a new community and want to assure you that this is NOT the kind of forum where people will tell you that you posted something in the wrong place, or that you should have found an existing thread on the topic, or that you shouldn’t have resurrected an old thread.

So if you find a thread or an article discussion that interests you, whether it is old or new, feel free to jump in. Want to discuss a specific game or board gaming related topic just start a new topic. If you don’t know which forum to put it in, just make your best guess (we really don’t care all that much. It’s easy enough for a moderator to move it or merge it, if necessary).

A good place to get started is by introducing yourself in the “New Members Introduce Yourself” thread (below) or by telling us what you have been playing in the “What BOARD GAME(s) have you been playing?" thread ( therewillbe.games/forum/35-mos-eisley-ca...ave-you-been-playing ).

Have fun, and we look forward to hearing from you.

New Members Introduce Yourself

More
01 Jul 2014 21:29 #181458 by utternonsense
I'm Tim, I live in Chicago and own a Golden Tee machine. I hate chilaquiles but really like cilantro. My preferred method of transportation is a bicycle. I'm too selfish to have any pets and too immature to have a wife.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jul 2014 22:54 #181459 by ubarose
Hi Tim. What is a chilaquiles?

More
01 Jul 2014 23:22 #181461 by repoman
Owns a Golden Tee machine? He' ll get along fine here.

Hiya and welcome.
The following user(s) said Thank You: utternonsense

More
01 Jul 2014 23:30 #181462 by utternonsense
Chilaquiles is a Mexican breakfast of tortilla chips and eggs, but the chips get soggy and the whole thing ends up being disgusting. I'm on a personal mission to destroy it's reputation.

More
02 Jul 2014 00:28 #181463 by ubarose

utternonsense wrote: Chilaquiles is a Mexican breakfast of tortilla chips and eggs, but the chips get soggy and the whole thing ends up being disgusting. I'm on a personal mission to destroy it's reputation.

Yikes! That's the second most disgusting thing I've read today.

More
02 Jul 2014 09:06 #181469 by SuperflyPete

utternonsense wrote: Chilaquiles is a Mexican breakfast of tortilla chips and eggs, but the chips get soggy and the whole thing ends up being disgusting. I'm on a personal mission to destroy it's reputation.

Having been to my beloved Mexico perhaps a hundred times now, I can tell you that this man's quest is wholesome and pure. Chilequiles is disgusting on a level that mere mortals would die even trying to comprehend. We're talking Lovecraft bad here.

Now, Carne Machacas, that's a different story. Can be had for breakfast or, really, anytime, but I usually have for lunch. It's a taste delight that is unparalleled in this, or any, reality. It is literally my favorite food.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb, utternonsense

More
02 Jul 2014 10:13 #181476 by Sagrilarus

I don't own a smartphone, but this is the kind of thing I could see having an app for. Point your phone at the menu board in a restaurant and have the word "No" appear on the screen over top of the Chilaquiles item.

S.
The following user(s) said Thank You: utternonsense

More
02 Jul 2014 10:46 #181480 by jeb
Maybe you're supposed to dip in the eggs with the tortilla chips. Like with toast or something. Putting anything but salsa on chips is gross to me, so I know not of what I speak. Just putting that out there.

I loved Chicago. I lived in Evanston for a few years while my wife finished grad school. Gaming scene was shitty though. Has that improved?

More
02 Jul 2014 12:07 #181495 by utternonsense
Yeah, Chicago is great...for about 4 months out of the year. The winters are brutal, but summer almost makes up for it. I am new to the gaming scene, and don't have anything to compare it to, but think it's great personally.

More
02 Jul 2014 12:12 #181497 by Sagrilarus
I'll tell you what -- three cool guys is all a town needs to qualify for "great gaming scene". They're out there, the hard part is finding them.

S.

More
02 Jul 2014 12:24 #181500 by fastbilly1
Long time lurker, new user.

Big AT fan, specifically 80s titles. Favorite games are Dune, Crossbows and Catapults, Ogre, Nexus Ops, and Defenders of the Realm (fantasy world Pandemic with fighting and quests). My collection broke 1000 when I was running a convention, but I have sold off alot of them over the past few years to whittle it down to about 200 titles, mostly AT, some Euros. But my boardgaming collection has been at odds with my videogame collection, with about 10,000 titles - around 600 for the NES (around 100 left for a complete collection). I have owned fifty or sixty arcade cabinets over the years (mostly dynamos) and partially paid for college flipping them. I still have two, a Sega Astro City (currently missing a monitor), and a Nintendo VS tent (currently with one side wired up with a Neogeo in a supergun with Puzzle Bobble/Bust a Move, before that it was setup for Sega Virtua Tennis, and before that it was VS baseball).

Well Ill just stop here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

More
02 Jul 2014 13:00 #181503 by ubarose
Hi FastBilly,

Videogames aren't my thing, but you can find or start your own discussions about them in the Other Games forum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fastbilly1

More
02 Jul 2014 13:22 #181506 by fastbilly1
Thanks chief. I will probably be quiet for the first few weeks to relearn the flow of the boards, but then yall will want to get rid of me and my love for trashy dexterity games.

More
02 Jul 2014 14:10 #181511 by jeb
I like this guy. There are some diehard arcade fans here. You should whip up a blog post on that collection. I want to see some shots.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fastbilly1

More
02 Jul 2014 14:15 #181512 by topperware
Hi FastBilly,

That's awesome. I have a friend who's been stockpiling arcade cabinets and boards.

Do you collect your NES games CIB? I've recently started collecting SNES games, and I'm having a blast. Also picking up GBA games as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb, fastbilly1

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.517 seconds