Front Page

Content

Authors

Game Index

Forums

Site Tools

Submissions

About

Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Connect with other board gamers and organize online gaming here.

Gaming on Tabletop Simulator

More
20 Aug 2020 13:42 #313298 by Jexik
Replied by Jexik on topic Gaming on Tabletop Simulator
To be fair, I didn't think I was gonna come back either.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Aug 2020 22:01 #313404 by Gary Sax
I wish I had a rational explanation why TTS works so much better for me than something like VASSAL. We played a 4 and a half hour John Company game today and it just felt exceptionally natural to me.

More
27 Aug 2020 11:59 #313552 by Gary Sax
Had a good turnout last night, but I realized I forgot to post here to invite new players to play. We play Wednesday night at 7pm pacific, I'm just about always there and there are several other regulars. Root seems to be the baseline game we play but we've played a number of different things. I'm glad to read rules or teach if someone brings it up ahead of time.

I was thinking of playing either Pamir or maybe try Empyreal again next Wednesday, but I'd want to make sure there was interest. I think I suckered someone into the promise of Pamir 2nd a few weeks ago but there weren't enough players to make that happen in the actual event.

More
27 Aug 2020 15:08 #313573 by Scott_F
I think we need to add to the list of games that can work in the future. Root with 5p is pretty rough over 3 hours and we didnt take that long during our turns. I'm always willing to teach games I know or learn something new. Ideally id like to be done no later than about 10pm pacific too. Pamir is a good 3/4p game and Empyreal works great with 4/5 in that time span.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
02 Sep 2020 11:31 #313697 by Gary Sax
Just bumping this.

I'm planning on being round this evening if anyone wants to play anything. As Scott said, we should probably have some suggested games at different player counts, 5 with Root was a good game but very long. Maybe I'll make a Google doc this week but I don't have the heart for it today.

Anyway, I'd be up to play almost anything. Root, Empyreal, Argent the Consortium, I can teach Oath since final rules came out, Merchant of Venus, really almost anything. Let me know if anyone has any ideas of something they'd like to play and I'll glance at the rules first.

We seem to default to Root.

More
03 Sep 2020 02:34 - 03 Sep 2020 08:26 #313718 by Gary Sax
Disgustipater, Not Sure and I suckered Jexik into a game of Oath. Learning this game is a bit of bear as it's very open ended, so the game ran long with some of that classic staring at cards wondering what they do magic. I thought our game provided lots of interesting moments, and it came down to a difficult battle where I came up *just short* of taking oathkeeper to continue the game and then a final die roll that decided the game between the Commonwealth (led by successor Disgustipater at that point) and Jexik with a vision. The Commonwealth won on the end game roll, but there was no way anyone could have wrested the darkest secret from Jexik if the roll hadn't gone the way it did.

The last minute change they made to relics worked like *chef's kiss* in this game. I ended up burning countless cute Kyle Ferrin people with napalm using an artifact I bought early in the game. That really decided the direction I went to try to win. The other highlight for me was competely cutting out the economy of the Chancellor by using a card that shifted all the favor in the order bank to the hearth bank. Since I was the only one who had a hearth advisor in the entire game, this worked pretty well!

I think for the exiles to win they have to just spread out, pursue different visions, and ideally just force the commonwealth to prevent victories. I did this by going after Jexik in turn order but ignoring that he was winning with a vision. I flipped my own visionn and forced the remaining players to team up and figure out how to stop *both* of us. They did, but it was a close run thing and it did not ultimately stop Jexik from almost winning.

Great stuff (TO ME) though, as I said, considerably longer than it wants to be. Need continue to play and see if that changes.
Last edit: 03 Sep 2020 08:26 by Gary Sax.

More
08 Sep 2020 18:55 #313851 by Gary Sax
fyi, I'm teaching a class tomorrow till late so I won't make Wednesday gaming.

More
08 Sep 2020 22:28 - 08 Sep 2020 22:29 #313854 by Jexik
Nooooo!

I'll probably still show up, even without our leader.

I'm guessing that you teaching this class will be a regular thing for awhile?
Last edit: 08 Sep 2020 22:29 by Jexik.

More
08 Sep 2020 22:31 #313855 by Gary Sax
Nope, special thing someone else asked me to teach. I'll be back to normal after tomorrow.

More
09 Sep 2020 11:40 #313880 by Disgustipater
I’m going to have to pass on this evening as well.

More
15 Sep 2020 17:14 #314107 by Gary Sax
Any interest in a game tomorrow night? I'm open to Oath, Root, a Pax game? Or something else, Empyreal or Argent? Depends who's around.

More
16 Sep 2020 10:48 #314153 by Disgustipater
I wont be making it tonight.

More
16 Sep 2020 14:53 #314170 by Jexik
I will likely be around barring unforeseen circumstances.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Scott_F

More
20 Sep 2020 15:07 #314257 by Jexik
I won't be able to make it this week. My Tuesday D&D game is getting switched to Wednesday, just for this week I think.

More
20 Sep 2020 15:17 #314259 by Gary Sax
I'll probably make Wednesday. I wasn't able to make any time this weekend like I hoped, here I am in the office on the weekend.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds