October 09, 2023
2515 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2716 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place for boardgame traitors.

Elden Ring: Breath of the From Software

More
19 Apr 2022 09:52 #332397 by Disgustipater
The latest patch fixed Vyke not invading. I just tried it and he's there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, sornars

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Apr 2022 10:04 #332398 by Gary Sax
I'm way overleveled for almost all the content in the game so I'm having a good time. I dominated Astel in one try and rolled the commander guy in the snowy mountains last night.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Disgustipater

More
20 Apr 2022 19:40 - 26 Apr 2022 17:04 #332426 by Frohike
I am in the capital! I actually kinda love this area... it's so huge and the battles, while difficult, seem fair so far. When I get close to 50k-ish runes, I sometimes hop out to the Rahdan fight to cap out my level. I'm still bracing for the evil stuff ahead but still really enjoying the game so far. Also, I did go back and beat that nasty Godskin Apostle, and the Crucible Knight + Misbegotten Warrior fight, along with a few other bosses who were giving me grief in other dungeons. I was probably a bit overleveled and the Halo Scythe was quite effective, but eh... the revenge felt sweet.
Last edit: 26 Apr 2022 17:04 by Frohike.

More
23 Apr 2022 20:51 - 23 Apr 2022 20:53 #332517 by Gary Sax
Had a pretty rad elden ring experience.

I was fighting this incredibly difficult for my build dragon in farum azule, not a boss though. So I summoned help from someone and we went to it. In the middle of fighting this motherfucker, an invader entered our game. They then proceeded to stand off to the side for full 3-4 minutes it took to finish this dragon. We then compose ourselves, turn to this invader, we bow to each other and I throw a "thank you" vocaloid, and start brawling.
Last edit: 23 Apr 2022 20:53 by Gary Sax.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hotseatgames, Frohike, Disgustipater, sornars, BillyBobThwarton, Ah_Pook

More
24 Apr 2022 00:10 #332520 by Frohike
That's some peak Elden Ring!

More
28 Apr 2022 12:04 #332629 by Frohike
I beat Astel by using Mimic Tear and spamming my Halo Scythe ability (Miquella's Ring of Light), which made for a pretty easy fight.

Such a cool/weird looking boss; so much so that I immediately set a summoning seal at the entrance to see if I could help someone else with the fight. This... wasn't as easy, since the boss's HP scales up and I only had 1 blue flask (and melee'ing him is a pain in the ass). After several failed attempts, I moved on to finish up Ranni's questline & beat the dragon along the way. Her story has now ignited my interest in the lore of the game and I think my NG+ will be a bit more story/quest centric on the next run.

For now, I'm trying to figure out how to get this Faith/Strength build to work better for me and starting to consider a respec since I'm sitting on 10 Larval Tears. Each level up is 80k+ now and every piece of gear I want is just a few STR or DEX above my ability and my encumbrance is always just a bit too low. Meanwhile, any of the zany Dragon abilities are requiring several levels to be placed into Arcane. Decisions decisions...

More
28 Apr 2022 17:54 #332641 by Ah_Pook
Life is so much easier when you're a pure strength build. You put points in strength, and then every once in a while vitality and endurance instead. Then you hit stuff with a big sword!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Frohike, sornars

More
04 May 2022 04:58 #332784 by Frohike
I leveled up Arcane a bit and purchased a few Dragon incantations. The Scarlet Rot breath definitely came in handy for the infamous Fire Giant fight in his second phase. I’d tried a lot of different approaches but it seemed like that last half of the fight just came down to chip damage, dodging, & patience, so I figured some rot would help if I could get it on him while he was doing his lava rock AOE. It worked well, once I remembered to use a Rune Arc and prepped some better equipment (Tree Sentinel gear from the chariot catacombs gave me some good fire damage resistance, but I still didn’t have the endurance level to wear it without the Godrick boost). I was stumped on this boss fight for 2-3 hours, a hurdle I hadn’t encountered since Margit, but finally beat him tonight!

And now… I’m in the bad place.

More
04 May 2022 10:50 #332792 by Gary Sax
I beat Mogh and am kind of on the late game challenge bosses and areas in general. They're all kind of annoying but I usually feel this way about these parts of a From game so it isn't new. I typically fight them once or twice and then just summon help. If you're not arcane, I definitely recommend summoning help for Mogh. Especially high level arcane help. Also, you need to use your flask if physik in an annoying way to beat Mogh.

The lore of the challenge areas is really good so that keeps me plugging away at them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frohike, sornars, Ah_Pook

More
04 May 2022 11:49 #332798 by Ah_Pook
I beat mohg by hitting him in the face with a halberd until he died. I don't know how you're supposed to dodge his super bleed thing where you get the rings around you, but I just spammed heals when it went off and it worked out in the end. The area leading up to him sucked BAD. Why are those bleed dogs the most lethal thing in the game lol.

More
04 May 2022 12:17 #332799 by Gary Sax
The unblockable super bleed happens at exactly half his health bar (he is counting down) so you can chug a flask of physick that gives you damage prevention right at that moment and you'll take almost no damage.

I ended up beating him by summoning a guy who had that laser beam spell (comet azur?). We actually dropped so much DPS on him during his super bleed spell at the halfway point he died before he could even grow wings or start his second phase. That spell is fucking sick.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WadeMonnig

More
04 May 2022 13:07 - 04 May 2022 13:08 #332802 by Disgustipater
I got to Mohg and did my usual “put down my summon sign first so I can check out the boss risk-free” move. The few times I tried we died during his phase transition. I just got the physik tear for that so I think I’ll go back and try for real.

Ah_Pook wrote: Why are those bleed dogs the most lethal thing in the game lol.

Because they are bugged. Their attack hitbox is missing the limiter of one hit per attack, so instead it can hit every frame.
Last edit: 04 May 2022 13:08 by Disgustipater.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sornars

More
04 May 2022 15:58 #332814 by Ah_Pook
I have literally never used the physik flask in this game :laugh:

More
04 May 2022 16:10 #332815 by Gary Sax
It's useful in a couple situations but I don't get a ton of use out of it either.

It's also good for any of the heroes graves to prevent bullshit autokills once.

More
04 May 2022 17:08 #332817 by Disgustipater
I use it for bosses to boost my STR and DEX for the scaling on my sword
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds