October 09, 2023
2522 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2723 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

What BOARD GAMES are you TRADING?

More
17 Oct 2021 21:27 #327269 by san il defanso
OUT:
- Merchants & Marauders + Expansion
- Loot of Lima

IN:
+ Bandu (American version of Bausack)
+ Cosmic Encounter, Eon Edition with expansions

I'm genuinely thrilled to be getting a classic copy of Cosmic Encounter. I love old board games like that in the first place, and Cosmic is one that I'm...enthusiastic about, shall we say. I'm not totally sure what the full extent of the expansions included are, but I think it's near complete.

Bandu is the sort of thing my family would enjoy playing. Looking forward to that too.

Sad to see Merchants & Marauders go, but as I inventoried the pieces I realized that I wasn't particularly interested in playing it again. Just too many issues that keep it from getting played.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, hotseatgames, sornars, Erik Twice

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Nov 2021 19:01 #327938 by Ah_Pook
oh man, my aunt and uncle had Bandu when I was a kid and and we used tgo play it every time we went to their house for Thanksgiving. ive almost bought it multiple times just for nostalgia, but i already have Junk Art and Menara so I think my stacking game needs are already handled. i always thought Bandu had both nice rules and really well shaped bits for stacking though.

for myself, i got a really nice trade offer out of the blue on BGG so im trading Maglev Metro for A Feast For Odin (with a really fancy $50 insert included). AFFO has been on my want in trade list for a while now. i have played it a few times multiplayer and though it was okay, but I want to play it solo and try to get more into it. theres a lot of cool stuff going on in it.

for Maglev Metro, i thought it was cool but the wildly unbalanced scoring cards kind of killed its long term appeal for me i dunno. the efficiency puzzle of it was fun, and i think you could probably have pruned the cards down to a set that works, but eh i got the offer so there it goes ;)

More
13 Nov 2021 19:22 #327940 by Gary Sax
Wow, that is a deal!

More
13 Nov 2021 20:02 #327942 by Ah_Pook
Yea I windmill slammed accept for sure :laugh:

More
16 Nov 2021 03:34 - 16 Nov 2021 03:36 #327998 by mc
In the latest series of deals via chains and such (with something still to go out)

OUT: Evergreen - (weird old Kramer title), Beowulf: The Legend, Blue Lagoon, Imperial Settlers, Zombie Kidz Evolution
IN: Through the Desert, Black Fleet, Mississippi Queen, and some random Carcassonne expansions and tiles
Last edit: 16 Nov 2021 03:36 by mc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose

More
16 Nov 2021 04:55 #327999 by Nodens
Good for you! Still loving Black Fleet here.

More
16 Nov 2021 05:25 #328000 by mc
Yeah, been after a copy for ages probably based on comments here!

More
16 Nov 2021 16:54 #328022 by barrowdown
Out:
Four Lost Battles

In:
Rock of the Marne
Heights of Courage
Matanikau

Despite still not really getting any wargame to the table in a few months, the trades continue.

More
06 Dec 2021 14:40 - 06 Dec 2021 14:41 #328533 by southernman
OUT:
The World of SMOG: Rise of Moloch kickstarter

IN:
Deep Madness kickstarter

Funny story - a local gamer was selling his Deep Madness kickstarter set but it was a bit pricey for me, a week later I put my Rise of Moloch up for sale and he contacted me about half an hour late ... trade arranged B)
Last edit: 06 Dec 2021 14:41 by southernman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Jackwraith

More
06 Dec 2021 16:07 #328536 by charlest
Deep Madness is interesting. I moved on from it after just a couple of plays as it's a tad fiddly, but there are some really interesting ideas concerning oxygen and the tiles being flipped to the ruined/devoured/whatever state.

More
06 Dec 2021 18:30 - 06 Dec 2021 18:31 #328542 by southernman

charlest wrote: Deep Madness is interesting. I moved on from it after just a couple of plays as it's a tad fiddly, but there are some really interesting ideas concerning oxygen and the tiles being flipped to the ruined/devoured/whatever state.

I'm looking at moving Eldritch Horror on, I think it's done its time with us, so this would be its 'you will die as hard' successor. And I'm thinking about a late pledge for the designers new game Dawn of Madness so really need to see how his previous work stacks up, also got a copy of his novel that came with the KSer to read for background.
It was good value anyway as I got the Rise of Moloch bundle in another very good trade.
Last edit: 06 Dec 2021 18:31 by southernman.

More
01 Feb 2022 16:30 #330336 by Ah_Pook
Out: B-17 Flying Fortress Leader w/Expansion
Spirit Island

In: Fallout+expansions
Anachrony

B17 is really good, but it doesn't see the table much and I got a good trade offer for it so yknow. Plus the expansion was such a hot mess that it kinda soured me on the whole thing. I really like Spirit Island, but my wife didn't like it and I don't really love playing it solo... And the one guy I know who would play it with me owns a copy :laugh:

More
03 Feb 2022 10:58 - 03 Feb 2022 10:59 #330384 by Rliyen
Out:
Unbroken

In:
Helionox Deluxe Edition

I saw Unbroken on the Geek and purchased it off the market for $10. It was a good solitaire game, but not enough to really keep it after repeated plays. After several false starts in trading, someone actually bit. I just got Helio yesterday and plan on reading the rules during lunch. I have a Game Day coming up this month and I'm trying to seed as many new games as I can. This one won't make it, of course, as I have way too many games in the hopper to be played. 15 are going to be the starting pile, of the 15, nearly 90% have never been played by the group yet. So, I have a LOT of reading to deal with between now and the 20th.
Last edit: 03 Feb 2022 10:59 by Rliyen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DarthJoJo

More
23 Feb 2022 12:53 #330994 by Dr. Mabuse
OUT:
Spirit Island with Branch and Claw expansion

I'm not a great three-steps ahead kind of planner. Heck, I'm not even a one-step-ahead kind of planner.

IN:
Shark (Ravensberger)
Condottiere (Eurogames)

I owned both of these and sold them during the great AmeriTrash vs Euro "debate" in the mid to late 00s. I've long since come around and really miss the light overhead of rules with deep interactive and conflict-oriented gameplay.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sornars, Nodens

More
23 Feb 2022 13:06 #330995 by charlest
Condottiere is one of my favorite games. Hope it brings you joy.

My trade this week:

OUT: Free Radicals
IN: The Faceless, MicroMacro Crime City

The Faceless has been on my wishlist for awhile. It's a very weird coop with a nightmare/wonderland theme and actual magnets in the board that are used as a key aspect of gameplay.

MicroMacro is totally my jam, seemed to always be out of stock in the past when I wanted to buy it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr. Mabuse

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.422 seconds