October 09, 2023
2537 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2738 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× WELCOME TO TRASHDOME!

This is part of a series of bloody matches to the death. Show support for your favorite game so it will do better in the fight. You can support it by writing why you think its the better game and more importantly by betting (i.e. voting for) it. Please make it clear for when I check the bets later. You have until Friday when I tally the bets and declare the winner. I will reserve my bet for any tie-breakers.

Although you should be familiar with both games, there is no rule that says you have to have played both of them. The only rule in Trashdome is this;

Two games enter! One game leaves!

Trashdome: Corey Konieczka vs Kevin Wilson

More
09 Apr 2011 13:57 #93553 by southernman
SuperflyTNT wrote:

Hats off to you, Tom. This is a great side-by-side.

Southernman wrote:

Lots of shit

You're crazy. Doom and Descent, plus Cosmic and Arkham beat the piss out of any of the other games Corey has done. Kevin, without a doubt, for the win.

Did you miss the part where I said "... This means they may appeal to different people in a very black and white way, ..." :-p

Basically my opinion gave more credence to original & sole designed games (with reimplementations coming behind a different take on a remake), and then what I prefered from those. I'm not a big dungeon crawler (I have no D&D history at all) and BSG is one of my favourite games full stop.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Apr 2011 17:03 #93561 by Schweig!
Mr Skeletor wrote:

My vote is comming, don't close this yet.

You know that we can't wait as long as for your MotU review.

More
09 Apr 2011 17:24 #93563 by southernman
Columbob wrote:

Runewars is as much a redo as Arkham Horror.

Of what, or are we talking generically ?

More
09 Apr 2011 17:30 #93564 by clockwirk
Southernman wrote:

Columbob wrote:

Runewars is as much a redo as Arkham Horror.

Of what, or are we talking generically ?

I believe he's talking about Battlemist.

More
09 Apr 2011 21:35 #93572 by Shellhead
Anybody dismissing the modern version of Arkham Horror as a mere re-design doesn't have a goddamn clue. It is vastly different from the first Arkham Horror boardgame, and Kevin created some very innovative mechanics for his design.

More
10 Apr 2011 00:29 #93575 by lj1983
yeah, the AH vs the original design have very little to do with each other. on the other hand, Cosmic is very much "just" a clean version of the original.

More
10 Apr 2011 06:13 #93585 by jur
Well Guys,

this one went right up to the hilt and although I gave Skelly as much time as I could, he hasn't stuck in yet. And although I suspect he goes with the current result, I'm glad I don't have to find out. The worst thing that could have happened is that I would have to be forced to settle the issue.

But as it is we have a result by the narrowest margins, a single vote! And the Winner is:

Kevin Wilson: 21 votes

Corey Konieczka: 20 votes

Everyone thanks for participating!
And let's move on to the next contest...

Two recent 'wargames' with very interesting diversions from the hex and counter mold:

Friedrich vs Napoleon's Triumph

More
10 Apr 2011 07:00 #93589 by Mr Skeletor
I said wait you prick.

More
10 Apr 2011 07:08 #93590 by jur
Mr Skeletor wrote:

I said wait you prick.

Try living in the fast lane, sucker

More
10 Apr 2011 07:10 - 10 Apr 2011 07:50 #93591 by southernman
Shellhead wrote:

Anybody dismissing the modern version of Arkham Horror as a mere re-design doesn't have a goddamn clue. It is vastly different from the first Arkham Horror boardgame, and Kevin created some very innovative mechanics for his design.

So according to you the only people who can vote in this Trashdome are those who have played or know well every game that the two have worked on ?
Also we'll have to change all other Trashdomes so you can only vote if you have played both games ...
And just so I don't come off sounding a bit passive-aggressive, pull your dick out of your mouth before speaking ;-)))
Last edit: 10 Apr 2011 07:50 by southernman.

More
10 Apr 2011 07:50 #93594 by Schweig!
Jur wrote:

Well Guys,

this one went right up to the hilt and although I gave Skelly as much time as I could, he hasn't stuck in yet. And although I suspect he goes with the current result, I'm glad I don't have to find out. The worst thing that could have happened is that I would have to be forced to settle the issue.

But as it is we have a result by the narrowest margins, a single vote! And the Winner is:

Two recent 'wargames' with very interesting diversions from the hex and counter mold:

Damn, I failed to trick you with my two votes. :(

More
10 Apr 2011 12:34 #93603 by Stonecutter
Southernman wrote:

Shellhead wrote:

So according to you the only people who can vote in this Trashdome are those who have played or know well every game that the two have worked on ?
Also we'll have to change all other Trashdomes so you can only vote if you have played both games ...
And just so I don't come off sounding a bit passive-aggressive, pull your dick out of your mouth before speaking ;-)))

If it's HIS dick in his mouth, that's just impressive.

More
10 Apr 2011 12:40 #93604 by Not Sure
Stonecutter wrote:

Southernman wrote:

Shellhead wrote:

If it's HIS dick in his mouth, that's just impressive.

Only if it's still attached. Otherwise, meh.

More
10 Apr 2011 13:07 #93606 by SuperflyPete
Southernman wrote:

SuperflyTNT wrote:

Hats off to you, Tom. This is a great side-by-side.

Southernman wrote:

Lots of shit

You're crazy. Doom and Descent, plus Cosmic and Arkham beat the piss out of any of the other games Corey has done. Kevin, without a doubt, for the win.

Did you miss the part where I said "... This means they may appeal to different people in a very black and white way, ..." :-p

Basically my opinion gave more credence to original & sole designed games (with reimplementations coming behind a different take on a remake), and then what I prefered from those. I'm not a big dungeon crawler (I have no D&D history at all) and BSG is one of my favourite games full stop.

Oh, I was just messing with you Tom, and I saw where you were coming from. You know you're the shit, brother, and know that I love ya man.

More
10 Apr 2011 15:13 #93611 by jur
Schweig! wrote:

Jur wrote:

Well Guys,

Damn, I failed to trick you with my two votes. :(

Well, maybe you did trick me, but you still lost. You choose...

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.393 seconds