October 09, 2023
2551 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2747 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× WELCOME TO TRASHDOME!

This is part of a series of bloody matches to the death. Show support for your favorite game so it will do better in the fight. You can support it by writing why you think its the better game and more importantly by betting (i.e. voting for) it. Please make it clear for when I check the bets later. You have until Friday when I tally the bets and declare the winner. I will reserve my bet for any tie-breakers.

Although you should be familiar with both games, there is no rule that says you have to have played both of them. The only rule in Trashdome is this;

Two games enter! One game leaves!

Trashdome: Corey Konieczka vs Kevin Wilson

More
10 Apr 2011 15:14 #93612 by jur
Schweig! wrote:

Jur wrote:

Well Guys,

this one went right up to the hilt and although I gave Skelly as much time as I could, he hasn't stuck in yet. And although I suspect he goes with the current result, I'm glad I don't have to find out. The worst thing that could have happened is that I would have to be forced to settle the issue.

But as it is we have a result by the narrowest margins, a single vote! And the Winner is:

Kevin Wilson: 21 votes

Corey Konieczka: 20 votes

Everyone thanks for participating!
And let's move on to the next contest...

Two recent 'wargames' with very interesting diversions from the hex and counter mold:

Friedrich vs Napoleon's Triumph

Damn, I failed to trick you with my two votes. :(

Well, maybe you did trick me, but you still lost. You choose...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Apr 2011 15:50 #93613 by southernman
SuperflyTNT wrote:

Oh, I was just messing with you Tom, and I saw where you were coming from. You know you're the shit, brother, and know that I love ya man.

Yeah - I know, but I couldn't resist. Better keep you reasonably happy though 'cos if I ever make it to the states with a bit of spare cash (before I'm zimmer-frame bound) you will take me up to the machine gun shoot in Arizona ;-))))

More
11 Apr 2011 05:55 #93652 by scissors
Hey Jur, how can we know who 'sucked' for the week if there isn't a name-by-name recap??!! :) 21>20 - that's a hand in Blackjack, not the finally tally in trashdome!

Also -- kinda sorry it didn't go down to the final executive vote: woulda been cool, to see the vice presidential-like deciding vote.

More
11 Apr 2011 08:52 #93660 by jur
Ha! So you want naming and shaming, do you? I can do that when I get home.

And you know what they say about power: it's about not having to use it.

More
11 Apr 2011 09:50 #93668 by scissors
Naming and shaming :) Absolutely!

More
11 Apr 2011 10:52 #93685 by Columbob
So 41 votes plus Mr. Skeletor's non-vote? That's probably the most active Trashdome in months, impressive! Great idea Jur.

Shellhead wrote:

Anybody dismissing the modern version of Arkham Horror as a mere re-design doesn't have a goddamn clue. It is vastly different from the first Arkham Horror boardgame, and Kevin created some very innovative mechanics for his design.

That's why I comparend the work on the new Arkham Horror to that of Runewars. You can see where they're coming from, but they're more like new games than, say, FFG Cosmic or Fury.

More
11 Apr 2011 11:23 #93698 by jur
Cheers Columbob,

The Castle Ravenloft trashdomes did quite well a few months ago, so I don't think it's a matter of 'special powers'. But it will be hard to find a trashdome that some many people relate to and is so closely contested as Wilson vs Konieczka. I'm not expecting these numbers again.

But there's a few things that I think there can still be interesting discussion about. Friedrich vs Napoleon's Triumph is pulling quite a few wargamers out of the closet.

More
11 Apr 2011 15:28 - 11 Apr 2011 18:56 #93736 by jur
Scissors wants to know (and is too lazy to do his own work):

The Wilsonians:
Dave, Mumu, Shellhead, Schmidl, Juniper, Hotseatgames, hjeb, mikko, stonecutter, scissors, weeks, rlyen, wkover, walterman, Superfly, Spaceghost, Ba bid, Chappie, Turek, Joel FC, Lilred

The Konieczkari:
Mabuse, Death & Taxis, Jackw, Sanildefanso, Aarontuu, JJacob, Lj83, Schweig, Shapeshifter, Clockwirk, MSample, Bistro, Octavia, Kookooba, Columbob, Sha B, Ken B, Mads, WdGrant, Southernman

The Tardy:
Mr Skeletor
Last edit: 11 Apr 2011 18:56 by jur. Reason: Dave is not DaveRoswell

More
11 Apr 2011 18:04 #93748 by MattFantastic
I'm late as fuck, but I would have voted Corey K. Better originals.

It's total bullshit to give Kevin Wilson credit for Cosmic. He did come cool minor tweaks and additions, basically a few house rules level and homebrewed aliens, to a monstrous classic. The stuff he did add is generally great, but hardly worthy of heaping praise.

Also, didn't Richard do the bulk of the redevelopment/redesign of Arkham himself with KW doing more of an assist on that?

More
11 Apr 2011 18:21 #93749 by scissors
Yeah, pratically all that Wilson guy does is sweep the floors at the FFG offices and badly cough doom cough cough descent.

Hey Jur, thanks for posting the names! Now, what I win?

More
11 Apr 2011 18:41 #93751 by jur
We'll add Loter's vote to the Tardy Party.

Scissors: you win having made me do stupid shit you could have done yourself. Congrats. Cherish the moment

More
11 Apr 2011 18:51 #93753 by dave
My name wasn't included in the count.

More
11 Apr 2011 18:55 #93754 by scissors
Oh shit, it wasn't my intent to waste your time, I woulda counted it myself and posted it - just thought it was your jurisdiction. I'll mae it up to you: next time there's a big TD like this one, I'll write out the names.

More
11 Apr 2011 18:56 #93755 by southernman
My new tag line:

Southernman
Konieczkarian

More
11 Apr 2011 18:59 #93756 by jur
dave wrote:

My name wasn't included in the count.

Good call. My bad. Your name was in the count, but I got you mixed up in the write up, because I did that from paper. (because I don't trust myself to remember). I mistook you for DaveRoswell. I changed it now.

Scissors, that's okay. My own fault. But for the democratic process (as if...) it is always good if somebody checks my count. Feel free.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds