October 09, 2023
2546 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2744 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What TV SHOWS are you watching ARCHIVE

More
27 Nov 2013 11:04 #166107 by ChristopherMD
I liked the Who 50th but didn't think it was outstanding. Was glad to see Bad Wolf again more than Tennant.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Nov 2013 11:39 - 27 Nov 2013 15:41 #166112 by mikecl

Black Barney wrote: I'm watching The Walking Dead and am in disbelief that the dedicated thread hasn't been updated in weeks what with everything that has been going on. Really really enjoying this season so far.

I'd be in there like a dirty shirt this week Barney but it's still sitting on my PVR...so no spoilers! If you remember, I predicted after the first show, the Guvnah was behind all that bad Joojoo.
Last edit: 27 Nov 2013 15:41 by mikecl.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
27 Nov 2013 14:34 #166132 by OldHippy
I finally finished the third season of Louie and I'm convinced it's the best show ever televised (or one of anyway). I can't believe how amazing it is. There are so many episodes that bear repeat viewing, there is just a ton of ways you can interpret each show. Each one comes off as dense as a film three times it's length. It feels like someone gave Luis Bunuel a TV show and sense of humour. The episode about his father in the third season is just incredible!

I'm going to start re-watching from the first season right away. I know there is a ton I just missed entirely.

More
27 Nov 2013 18:19 #166172 by dave

JonJacob wrote: I finally finished the third season of Louie and I'm convinced it's the best show ever televised (or one of anyway).

My wife feels the same way, and she has hated his potty-mouth stand-up for years (yeah, I can't stop myself to subjecting her to it). It's ruined her for so many other comedies. Unfortunately, streaming doesn't give us access to Curb Your Enthusiasm or the bulk of Woody Allen's catalog.

More
06 Jan 2014 16:07 #169240 by Grudunza
Chuck was my wife's favorite show and one of mine, too. When I noticed that Netflix had acquired it on her birthday in November, it seemed like a great time to introduce it to my girls. Well, I had liked the show before, but this time through I am really loving it. Yes, it's over-the-top goofy in some respects, but just so entertaining and clever. And heck, Ellie and Sarah alone are worth tuning in to watch.

More
09 Jan 2014 11:05 #169556 by Legomancer
Totally excited about the return of Justified. We don't get FX, so I'm currently torrenting it, but I'm looking into ways to legit get this show (without paying for a cable channel I'm not otherwise interested in, included with a bunch of other channels I don't want, thanks cable company business models!)

More
09 Jan 2014 13:12 #169560 by repoman
I started watching Deadwood on HBOgo. I'm about five episodes in and I still haven't made up my mind about it yet. Like all HBO series, it seems, the production quality is very high. The writing is variable. Some great, some bad.

If I've learned one thing though...it's that Deadwood was the dirtiest filthiest place on the face of the earth with the exception of the teeth...the characters have the most remarkable teeth...must be some damn fine dentists in that shit hole of a town.

More
09 Jan 2014 13:35 #169561 by jeb
I got AMAZING STORIES season 1 on DVDs at the Library and ripped them. I'll be watching those here and there, I want to see if my fond nostalgia is justified. Other than that I am patiently waiting for SHERLOCK HOLMES to kick off again on PBS in a week or so.

More
09 Jan 2014 13:44 #169562 by OldHippy

jeb wrote: I got AMAZING STORIES season 1 on DVDs at the Library and ripped them. I'll be watching those here and there, I want to see if my fond nostalgia is justified. Other than that I am patiently waiting for SHERLOCK HOLMES to kick off again on PBS in a week or so.

They have those on Netflix here in Canada and I watched about a season and a half of them. They're not bad, nostalgia didn't totally hold up for me but because each episode is different it's easy to sit through them. Every once in awhile you'll find some really cool ideas and sometimes the drag them out a bit too long but otherwise I still find them totally watchable. I'll watch more I'm sure because you never know what you're going to get from episode to episode.

I still remember when the cancelled that show and I was really pissed off, it was my favorite show at the time and I asked my Dad why they cancelled it and he said: "Because Americans are stupid!" ... I think he was angry too.

More
09 Jan 2014 13:49 #169563 by Black Barney
Wasn't the first episode, "The Family Dog"? I loved that cartoon so much.

I want to watch the one of the Memphis Belle where someone draws a cartoon landing gear to save the plane.

I remember being pretty scared at a reanimator-like episode of some guy with no head but was still alive.

miss that show...

More
09 Jan 2014 14:27 #169566 by Grudunza
Hola extension for Firefox/Chrome + BBC iPlayer = Sherlock

The first two episodes have been fantastic. Without spoiling anything, I'll say that I loved how they handled the cliffhanger about Sherlock's fake death. Answered everything in a satisfying way... sort of. Some may feel it was a cop out, but I think they did the right thing. Can't really say more, but I appreciated it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

More
09 Jan 2014 14:44 #169568 by Legomancer
Deadwood is fantastic. Stick with it; you'll be glad you did.

More
09 Jan 2014 15:16 #169569 by Joebot

Legomancer wrote: Deadwood is fantastic. Stick with it; you'll be glad you did.

Seconded. I found that it takes a little while to get used to the dialogue and the language. It's a really unusual mix of high-brow, almost Shakespearean formality, and the worst gutter-level profanity. And then you get weird things, like Swearingen's infamous Blow Job Monologues.

I signed up for Netflix, and jumped head-first into Breaking Bad. About three episodes into the second season, and totally digging it so far. I'm not ready to christen it The Best Show Ever (a spot held firmly by The Wire), but damn, I can see it's going to be close.

More
09 Jan 2014 16:23 #169570 by Gary Sax
Ok, I'll disagree a little bit. I liked but was unfulfilled by Deadwood. I understand that the show was really about environment and putting you in a time and place, but a show requires a stronger plot for me to really love it. ESPECIALLY seasons 2 and 3, where very little happened plotwise besides blustering.

More
09 Jan 2014 16:43 #169572 by Black Barney
All this talk of TV shows made me think of the shows I'm looking forward to start up again, and I realized that I still have not got over the Red Wedding episode of Game of Thrones. I still can't believe that wasn't the season finale, it is such an obvious choice for a season finale too. I love that show, always surprising.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.251 seconds