October 09, 2023
2537 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2738 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What TV SHOWS are you watching ARCHIVE

More
27 Oct 2013 13:21 #163908 by Black Barney
I caved in and bought season IV of Walking Dead for like 50$ on XboxVideo. Watched the two episodes so far, pretty good stuff. Stronger start of the season than I"ve seen in the past. For as much as I complained about Season 2 at the time, I think it was far and away the best season. Terrible start and terrible finish but the middle was fantastic.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Oct 2013 11:50 - 29 Oct 2013 12:35 #163990 by Mr. White
Starting watching Walking Dead to see what all the noise is about. I wasn't a super fan of the comic, gave this a shot.

In season 1 and just finished the CDC episode. Seems to be the first episode without a major cliffhanger, so if I jump off this seems like a good point.

My biggest concern for continuing is that I expect the quality to dip. I know the author wanted an 'unending' zombie story, but really I've found stories with well thought, complete, standard beginnings, middles, and ends to be more enjoyable.

Obviously, the show is popular, but I'm not convinced that means quality. So, how do future episodes compare to these fist 6-7?
Last edit: 29 Oct 2013 12:35 by Mr. White.

More
29 Oct 2013 12:17 #163993 by hotseatgames
If you aren't into it by then, you probably never will be. Season 2 blows hard. It picks up after that. But it's not a good show.

More
29 Oct 2013 12:38 - 29 Oct 2013 12:47 #163994 by Mr. White
I'm lukewarm at the moment. I don't have a need to watch a show, so getting out is fine. However, there have been some good bits of tension and drama that I've enjoyed.

What's the deal with the suckage in season 2?

Oh, and I don't care about spoilers, so
Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 29 Oct 2013 12:47 by Mr. White.

More
29 Oct 2013 13:07 #163997 by the_jake_1973
Lori's constant struggle to keep track of her kid. Also, Lori in general.

More
29 Oct 2013 13:34 - 29 Oct 2013 13:38 #163999 by Black Barney
I thought Season 2 was the best one, personally. I think stopping watching at the end of season 2 is ok cuz Angela is all over season 3 and she's more annoying than Lori, I find. Self-righteous and such.

Jeff, I'd try to address your spoiler questions below (major season 2 and season 3 TWD spoilers below so don't read if you wanna watch)

Last edit: 29 Oct 2013 13:38 by Black Barney.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr. White

More
29 Oct 2013 13:55 - 29 Oct 2013 13:56 #164005 by Mr. White
Been watching this with the wife...no way in hell will she be up for season 3. If I continue it'll be on my own.

The only thing I'd like to know more about is

Last edit: 29 Oct 2013 13:56 by Mr. White.

More
29 Oct 2013 14:00 #164008 by Black Barney
One of the cool things that happens in seasons 2 and 3 is that other survivors start becoming more of a threat than walkers. You start to fear humans more than walkers, which is cool.

They never explain origins of the virus. I think our best shot at that was at the CDC in season 1. So I haven't read far into the comics at all, but I don't think anyone is working on a cure but who knows, the show might eventually hear of something going on in Israel or whatever.

I hope they actually end the show at one point instead of letting it go on in perpetuity. But yeah, I get the impression that the show will just keep on truckin'

More
06 Nov 2013 20:02 #164606 by OldHippy
I started watching the new Marvel Universe TV show "Agents of Shield", produced and plotted by Whedon. It's all-right, it's a bit too much like Whedon and feels dated as a result, almost like a bunch of writers trying to ape his style.

But it does get better as it goes on, I'm at 5 episodes now and it either has improved or I've gotten used to it. Either way it's entertaining enough that I'll watch through the whole thing this season. I think it has potential.

More
06 Nov 2013 22:05 #164611 by mikecl

JonJacob wrote: I started watching the new Marvel Universe TV show "Agents of Shield", produced and plotted by Whedon. It's all-right, it's a bit too much like Whedon and feels dated as a result, almost like a bunch of writers trying to ape his style.

But it does get better as it goes on, I'm at 5 episodes now and it either has improved or I've gotten used to it. Either way it's entertaining enough that I'll watch through the whole thing this season. I think it has potential.

Watching it too JJ but I'm behind by a couple of episodes. When stuff starts piling up on the PVR that's my first clue it might not be all that good. Still it hasn't been horrible or anything. I'll stick it out to the end of the season UNLIKE Sleepy Hollow which is gone, gone, gone.

More
07 Nov 2013 03:48 #164651 by tin0men

mikecl wrote: ...When stuff starts piling up on the PVR that's my first clue it might not be all that good. Still it hasn't been horrible or anything. I'll stick it out to the end of the season UNLIKE Sleepy Hollow which is gone, gone, gone.

Yea, I'm sending Sleepy Hollow and Agents to the tivo bit bucket... Much as I like Whedon's other work, they've been piling up, and I need to find a way to make more 'productive' time; dumping the time-filler junk is a good way to do it.

Watched an ep of Dracula last week - *shrug* makes me want to dust off Coppola's - (though I did end up running Frankenstein:The True Story for my son in response). I've got another ep on the drive right now, and it's a ways from the first thing I'd fire up.

And then there's The Blacklist (watching latest ep now): I like Spader alot, but I'm not really hanging on my edge of my seat, week over week. It's starting to come off as a stock formula: "super villian of the week that no one can catch - but is too dumb to notice that all his peers are being knocked off immed. after doing a deal with Spader..."

Frankly, when I look at both, they're not that compelling. I should toast them both.

Survivors moving on to another week still on the drive, with eps pending: Walking Dead, Supernatural, Sons of Anarchy, Revolution (teetering though), Person of Interest, Low Winter Son, Elementary, and American Horror Story:Coven.

For that matter, I've also got 8 eps of Haven for this season, and haven't been inclined to dust them off and watch any yet: May be another prospect for the bucket.

More
07 Nov 2013 15:27 #164679 by Legomancer
Still sticking with Sleepy Hollow, though I really wish they'd nudge the goofy up just a little. There's still too much time in each episode when nothing ridiculous is happening other than Ichabod still wearing that same outfit.

Also still enjoying Elementary. The two leads on that are great, and they're starting to fill the space in around them, which is nice.

More
07 Nov 2013 16:20 #164686 by the_jake_1973
I don't mind Sleepy Hollow. It's cheeseball like Buffy and Angel were. His clothes must be pretty rank by now. That is setting aside the fact that he had been sleeping in them for a couple hundred years. You can't wash out a stink like that.

Dracula has also been fun, although I think my enjoyment stems more from the fact that I am running a Savage Worlds Rippers campaign and the show has echoes of that game in it.

More
07 Nov 2013 21:47 #164721 by ZMan
I am trying to get through season 1 of Arrow on Netflix. I like the action but it is too much of a soap opera for me. Not sure how long I'll last but I'm up to episode 13 or so.

Sleepy Hollow: teetering is a good term used earlier. There should be more headless horseman - where did he go for several episodes? Ichabod is a fish out of water and those small explorations of that theme is fun, but the man has photographic memory and seems to know everything.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine: I did not expect to like this show but it is quite funny.

Agents of Shield: I'm thinking of giving this up. It's not offering anything new which it could of if it used supers. But it is going out of the way to not use them. They mention supers but without them it is a regular spy-=themed show with similar action, plots, etc.

Revolution: I watched the first seasons and I missed episode one of the new season. So I started n episode 2 and am totally lost. I was teetering with this one as well - they let the bad guy go too many times. But now I am not following what is happening.

Grimm: need to catch up on the new season.

Walking Dead: still into this. Though not sure I like this (seemingly) airborne incarnation of the disease.

Comic Book Men: still into this - mindless fun.

Zev

More
07 Nov 2013 21:59 #164725 by Octavian
Brooklyn Nine Nine is really solid.

@Midnight has some brilliant moments. I good "on in the background" show.

LOVE (as always) American Horror Story.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.452 seconds