October 09, 2023
2520 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2721 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What TV SHOWS are you watching?

More
13 Oct 2015 17:15 #212400 by Gregarius

boothwah wrote: Dancing with the Stars,

At least the producers knew how to keep the male audience engaged when they hired their costume designers.

The Best Time Ever with Neil Patrick Harris - this is the worst thing I've been forced to endure since Celebrity Game Night, which I thought was the new low bar in unwatchable television. Have you guys seen this drek? It's the worst version of everything. BLLARRGHGHGHGHGHG

It is pretty abominable. I used to like NPH, too. He just tries so desperately hard to be likable. It's disgusting.
The following user(s) said Thank You: boothwah

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Oct 2015 18:00 - 13 Oct 2015 18:05 #212403 by Black Barney
...as is his life style

Huckabee 2016

I can make that joke here cuz FATties are smrt but I got into big trouble making a joke a little bit like this on a podcast I was on a few weeks back for some culture festival. We were talking music and the subject of the Indigo Girls came up (who I don't care for which is annoying cuz Sirius FM's The Coffee House channel, my favourite, plays them all the time), anyway so they asked me what I thought of the Indigo Girls and i said, "I think their life style is super hot"

anyway, it didn't go over at all. In that particular instance, since I was saying something positive, I didn't see the harm.
Last edit: 13 Oct 2015 18:05 by Black Barney.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hex Sinister, OldHippy, boothwah

More
13 Oct 2015 19:46 #212410 by OldHippy

Black Barney wrote: We were talking music and the subject of the Indigo Girls came up (who I don't care for which is annoying cuz Sirius FM's The Coffee House channel, my favourite, plays them all the time), anyway so they asked me what I thought of the Indigo Girls and i said, "I think their life style is super hot"

anyway, it didn't go over at all. In that particular instance, since I was saying something positive, I didn't see the harm.

Awesome BB. My brother has a similar story that I will have to tell on his behalf (serious thread hijacking here). He was busted saying gay in a pejorative manner around my buddies (Noel) girlfriend who was really into inclusive language, feminism and all that kind of thing. He didn't mean anything hurtful by it, it was just a slip up. But she decided to use this to embarrass him as much as possible. One day he was with Noel going to meet said girl. When he arrived at the bar Noel introduced him to his girlfriends group of friends.. like five other ladies... then Noels girlfriend suddenly announces, 'yeah, that's Chris, he's very homophobic' - which is a pretty shitty thing to do. My brother just ignored it and carried on talking to her friends who seemed to enjoy his company and sense of humour (one of them was quite shamelessly flirting with him in fact) Noels girlfriend seemed to be irritated by this so she turns to him apropos of nothing and says, "so if I were to tell you that I'm a lesbian what would you say?" in a very accusational tone. My brother, without missing a beat and mid conversation with her friend turns to her and says: "that's hot" and then carried on with his story. The table seemed to love it, and Noel and this lady broke up a few months later.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney, boothwah

More
13 Oct 2015 20:14 #212411 by hotseatgames
I like the Indigo Girls, and the Pet Shop Boys. That would be a great concert.

More
13 Oct 2015 20:15 #212412 by Black Barney
Noel's gf Probably did him a solid there, making him out to be a bad boy which girls seem to love. It never works for me, I try to play up the main reason I got a car with a big trunk but they just spray me in the eyes and run.

Women...

More
13 Oct 2015 20:56 #212416 by boothwah

Black Barney wrote: Noel's gf Probably did him a solid there, making him out to be a bad boy which girls seem to love. It never works for me, .

You've been the bad employee, the bad son, the bad friend... the bad dinner guest, the bad credit risk... The bad date, the bad sport, the bad citizen..

/I love that episode
//If you want I can spread the word that you're a bad seed
/// I'm still big. It's the bootlegs that got small.

More
14 Oct 2015 08:05 #212421 by Black Barney
The bad tipper !

More
14 Oct 2015 11:40 - 14 Oct 2015 14:43 #212429 by ThirstyMan
Just finished second season of The Blacklist. James Spader is so fucking good and everyone else is drek especially the lead woman who is the worst actress ever.

I hear Spader was in character throughout the filming and was getting mighty pissed off with the lead actress after the fourteenth take. He rules every scene he's in to the extent of making the rest of the cast look utter shit. Weirdly, it is worth watching, but just for James Spader, the writing is shit and the acting is appalling.
Last edit: 14 Oct 2015 14:43 by ThirstyMan.

More
14 Oct 2015 11:44 #212430 by charlest

some confused souls wrote: I listen to the Indigo Girls

The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
14 Oct 2015 22:48 #212465 by Cranberries

ThirstyMan wrote: Just finished second season of The Blacklist. James Spader is so fucking good and everyone else is drek especially the lead woman who is the worst actress ever.

I hear Spader was in character throughout the filming and was getting mighty pissed off with the lead actress after the fourteenth take. He rules every scene he's in to the extent of making the rest of the cast look utter shit. Weirdly, it is worth watching, but just for James Spader, the writing is shit and the acting is appalling.

I completely agree about the lead actress, and they can't kill her off. It's like she's the niece of the studio executive or something. It's not that James Spader is in character so much as it's that he's just being himself. Now I'm going to go Google up behind the scenes Blacklist gossip.

More
15 Oct 2015 00:01 #212471 by Cranberries

Grudunza wrote:

hotseatgames wrote: Watched episode 1 of season 2 of Fargo. Damn, that was fantastic. And it has Night Owl from Watchmen!

Yes, a great cast, and not just in the sense of "look who we have on our show." If anything, the cast is less flashy than last season, but they are really inhabiting their roles well here. I was particularly impressed with Ted Danson's take on his character. Can't wait to see Bruce Campbell as Reagan!

Man I loved that first episode. The bleakness, the banality, and the feeling of oppressive malevolence just building up, like a boil that is going to be lanced. Also the weirdness of that UFO.

For what it's worth, here is Metacritic's highest rated TV shows of all time, based on user scores. Nothing too surprising, except that Fargo season 2 is rated #3. I hope those True Detective sheep discover this show.

www.metacritic.com/browse/tv/score/users...l/filtered?sort=desc

More
17 Oct 2015 12:56 #212653 by Cranberries
Apologies for thread squatting. I just saw the season 1 finale of The Flash, and it was pretty cool. My teen son then explained Flashpoint to me, and the whole DC reboot thing, which helped explain a key moment in the episode. The show is shockingly dumb at times, and can be cartoonish in a bad way, but it does have its moments. The finale was really cool, in fact. I want to cosplay now as fat, middle-aged Flash.
The following user(s) said Thank You: airmarkus

More
19 Oct 2015 13:35 #212782 by Shellhead
I have been watching Keen Eddie lately. It's a fun cop shop featuring an aggressive but likeable New York cop who gets assigned to a police unit in London. Mark Valley is definitely the star of the show, but I also really appreciate other main cast members. I had no idea that Sienna Miller was so hot, having previously just seen still photos of her. Julian Rhind-Tutt plays his peculiar cop partner, looking like an androgynous adult version of one of those kids from the Harry Potter movies. And I'm always glad to see Colin Salmon, an intense character actor who has been in everything.

The show got cut short in its first season, possibly because viewers didn't like the Guy Ritchie style of the editing. I'm a bit of an anglophile, so I wouldn't have minded more episodes. It's certainly a lot more fun than Life on Mars.

More
30 Oct 2015 00:02 #213737 by Cranberries
Fargo: Season two is SO GOOD.

(minor spoilers)

More
30 Oct 2015 02:28 #213741 by Grudunza

craniac wrote: Fargo: Season two is SO GOOD.

Agreed. Fantastic so far. Quirky and odd as expected for its heavy Coen influence, but more of its own thing than season 1. I'm loving characters like Mike Milligan (and the Kitchen Brothers, the prog rock band!), and the 70's vibe where even a straight-up UFO indication fits perfectly well. I said this before, but where True Detective season 2 lost some of its swagger, this has definitely gained some.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.503 seconds