October 09, 2023
2545 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2739 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× WELCOME TO TRASHDOME!

This is part of a series of bloody matches to the death. Show support for your favorite game so it will do better in the fight. You can support it by writing why you think its the better game and more importantly by betting (i.e. voting for) it. Please make it clear for when I check the bets later. You have until Friday when I tally the bets and declare the winner. I will reserve my bet for any tie-breakers.

Although you should be familiar with both games, there is no rule that says you have to have played both of them. The only rule in Trashdome is this;

Two games enter! One game leaves!

Trashdome - Buffy TVS vs Betrayal At House On Hill

More
12 May 2009 01:11 #28467 by Mr MOTO
Juniper and Space Ghost have convinced me with their flawless logic.

I'm voting Buffy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 May 2009 07:59 #28475 by Aarontu
Shellhead wrote:

If people keep voting against the tv show, I'm going to switch my vote in favor of Buffy just to protest the silliness.

The game isn't unrelated to the TV show. Enjoying the theme is part of the fun in a thematic game.

More
12 May 2009 08:10 #28476 by Aarontu
Michael Barnes wrote:

I call for MetalFace13 versus Aarontu!

Is this an attempt at meta-game-style revenge from the last Trashdome or something?

REJECTED

More
12 May 2009 08:55 #28481 by Sagrilarus
Buffy punches way above its weight class.

Vote for Buffy The Vampire Slayer

More
12 May 2009 09:25 #28483 by Ska_baron
BETRAYAL all the way!

Lots of great gaming memories from it as it was one of my first purchases getting back in to board games. Played it with a lot of non gamers and went over well with everyone, even when the haunt was lame or ended after 2 turns - it played quickly enough that we just fired it up again.

One of the games that lended itself to truly cinematic moments...

(pssst, Barnes' horror cred is on shaky grounds since voting for Touch of Evil. Don't let that sway you, but rather the rough and tumble fun of Betrayal)

I did get to play Buffy once and would love to play it again. If I'd played it as many times as Betrayal, this would be a much tougher vote. But as it is, Betrayal and I have a much longer and vivid history. GO GIANT MUTANT BUGS!

More
12 May 2009 11:22 #28499 by Michael Barnes
Barnes' horror cred is on shaky grounds since voting for Touch of Evil.

My horror cred went down the tubes when I was a kid and I liked the Hammer movies better than NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET, pal.

Aarontu, are we on the same side in this one? If so, I take back all the nasty stuff I was about to say.

More
12 May 2009 15:21 #28522 by Michael Barnes
Whoa! Did you see that banner ad? "Get the real story between Giles and Faith's hookup in BUFFY #24!"

Seriously, you may as well be into DAYS OF OUR LIVES or SWEET VALLEY HIGH. Even DARK SHADOWS was better than that crap and it was honest-to-crom soap opera.

Is there a scenario where Giles and Faith hook up in the board game? Tee hee, I hope so, that Giles is so dreamy!

More
12 May 2009 15:34 #28526 by Ken B.
No way Giles and Faith would EVER hook up. If that's the shit going down in the comics, I'm calling sheananigans.

I've always wanted to actually call Shenanigans.

"Hello, this is Shenanigan's, home of the $17.95 Surf 'n Turf Special. This is Cheryl, how can I help you?"

More
12 May 2009 15:35 #28527 by Ken B.
Oh, and

VOTE: BUFFY

Ya buncha shitheads.

More
12 May 2009 15:38 #28529 by Michael Barnes
In a couple of years y'all are going to be trying to tell us that the TWILIGHT board game is "actually pretty good".

More
12 May 2009 15:40 #28530 by mads b.
Faith and Giles do hook up in the comics, but it's only in a professional way. Or, at least that's the case in the 22 or 23 magazines I've read so far.

Some of the comics are, btw., quite good with excellent Buffy-dialogue and story lines.

More
12 May 2009 15:42 #28531 by metalface13
Michael Barnes wrote:

Whoa! Did you see that banner ad? "Get the real story between Giles and Faith's hookup in BUFFY #24!"

Seriously, you may as well be into DAYS OF OUR LIVES or SWEET VALLEY HIGH. Even DARK SHADOWS was better than that crap and it was honest-to-crom soap opera.

Is there a scenario where Giles and Faith hook up in the board game? Tee hee, I hope so, that Giles is so dreamy!

Giles and Faith in no way "hook up." They team up. They work together to help errant slayers.

More
12 May 2009 15:44 #28534 by Michael Barnes
Don't try it, buddy. The banner ad clearly said they "hook up". And I bet in your mind, while you're playing the game, they "hook up".

More
12 May 2009 15:47 #28536 by metalface13
mads b. wrote:

Faith and Giles do hook up in the comics, but it's only in a professional way. Or, at least that's the case in the 22 or 23 magazines I've read so far.

Some of the comics are, btw., quite good with excellent Buffy-dialogue and story lines.

The Buffy comics are pretty good. And they're less soap opera-y than the show.

More
12 May 2009 15:48 #28537 by metalface13
Michael "I'm a sucker for banner ads" Barnes wrote:

Don't try it, buddy. The banner ad clearly said they "hook up". And I bet in your mind, while you're playing the game, they "hook up".

That's right, I forgot your favorite game is Corn Hole 2. How's the Civony/Evony game going for you? Is your "queen" still waiting for you?

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.288 seconds