October 09, 2023
2550 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2746 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× WELCOME TO TRASHDOME!

This is part of a series of bloody matches to the death. Show support for your favorite game so it will do better in the fight. You can support it by writing why you think its the better game and more importantly by betting (i.e. voting for) it. Please make it clear for when I check the bets later. You have until Friday when I tally the bets and declare the winner. I will reserve my bet for any tie-breakers.

Although you should be familiar with both games, there is no rule that says you have to have played both of them. The only rule in Trashdome is this;

Two games enter! One game leaves!

Trashdome - Buffy TVS vs Betrayal At House On Hill

More
12 May 2009 15:50 #28539 by southernman
Hey - do we get all the shit banners over here in Britland ... I got a Molehill Empire free game with a stupid fucking gnome looking at me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 May 2009 15:53 #28541 by metalface13
Southernman wrote:

Hey - do we get all the shit banners over here in Britland ... I got a Molehill Empire free game with a stupid fucking gnome looking at me.

Well, I for one haven't seen the Buffy ad. I usually get PoxNora. Which I've played the free version, and it's a pretty fun game.

More
12 May 2009 15:53 #28542 by Space Ghost
Michael Barnes wrote:

Seriously, you may as well be into DAYS OF OUR LIVES or SWEET VALLEY HIGH. Even DARK SHADOWS was better than that crap and it was honest-to-crom soap opera.

The two Dark Shadows board games aren't too bad -- especially since they were from the 60s.

Dark Shadows the Board Game is a good family game with a little bit of resource management and decision making it.

The Barnabas Collins Game wasn't too bad either -- it was played with a spinner, which is kind of a let down. But the winner was the first to build a skeleton hanging from a scaffold out of a mish-mash of bones laying in a central coffin. Pretty cool if you were a kid.

More
12 May 2009 16:03 #28544 by NeonPeon
The Happy Days board game is pretty good too. Just don't judge it by the TV show.

More
12 May 2009 16:04 - 12 May 2009 16:04 #28545 by ChristopherMD
Michael Barnes wrote:

In a couple of years y'all are going to be trying to tell us that the TWILIGHT board game is "actually pretty good".

Sure, if the games actually are pretty good. I bet you'd play a pink game about Jane Austen novels if it fit the theme and was fun to play.
Last edit: 12 May 2009 16:04 by ChristopherMD. Reason: he fucking dick then bullshit

More
12 May 2009 16:11 #28548 by Shellhead
I haven't read any of the Buffy comics, but Whedon wrote a really good run for Astonishing X-Men. In March of 2009, Buffy actually outsold Amazing Spider-man, which is, uh, amazing.

More
12 May 2009 16:24 #28553 by Juniper
NeonPeon wrote:

The Happy Days board game is pretty good too. Just don't judge it by the TV show.

Man, that show totally nuked the fridge.

More
12 May 2009 16:33 #28555 by ChristopherMD
Buffy The Vampire Slayer (US)

VERSUS

Betrayal At House On The Hill

More
12 May 2009 16:40 #28558 by Notahandle
Someone send me a copy of the US Buffy so that I can vote for it before Friday!

ubarose wrote:
"Buffy has a rocket launcher. End of discussion.
I vote Buffy the Vampire Slayer."
Nevermind, that's all a true ATer needs to know: I vote Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Mad Dog wrote:
"Once again, Barnes has to resort to insult and intimidation to scare people over to his side. Rest assured that a vote for Buffy does not mean you are uncool in any way. In fact it makes you more cool because it means you don't fall to the pressure of the only person to vote for A Touch Of Evil."
Everyday he gets down on his knees and thanks Jason (* EDIT *) for not calling it A Touch of Supernatural Evil. He's so grateful that we can only call him ATOEer and not ATOSEer.

mads b. wrote:
"Faith and Giles do hook up in the comics, but it's only in a professional way.
You mean he pays her for her services?

Southernman wrote:
"Hey - do we get all the shit banners over here in Britland ... I got a Molehill Empire free game with a stupid fucking gnome looking at me."
Are you suggesting that not only has Michael compromised himself by modeling for a forthcoming ATOE expansion, but that he's also doing adverts now?
And that younger looking avatar isn't fooling anyone, old timer!

(* EDIT *) Get your minds out of the gutter! I didn't mean that! On the other hand:-
Michael Barnes wrote:
"...is going down early and often in this Trashdome."

More
12 May 2009 16:41 #28559 by Bullwinkle
Mad Dog wrote:

Buffy The Vampire Slayer (US)

VERSUS

Betrayal At House On The Hill

Really? Where?

More
12 May 2009 16:46 #28561 by Michael Barnes
It's already over Bullwinkle, Buffy got distraught over Giles and Faith hooking up and wound up having pity sex with Jughead. Then a v-v-v-v-vampire showed up! Then BETRAYAL wiped its ass with the toilet paper that is any Joss Whedon script.

Everyday he gets down on his knees and thanks Jason (* EDIT *) for not calling it A Touch of Supernatural Evil. He's so grateful that we can only call him ATOEer and not ATOSEer.

Ha ha! That's a great one. Sorry your team lost.

More
12 May 2009 16:49 #28562 by Ken B.
Speaking of Jughead...true story here.

The other day I'm in the checkout line at the grocery store. On the little magazine rack were two magazines: Reader's Digest and Jughead.

The Reader's Digest was to the left. It had a photo of an iPhone and the headline: "Is your child SEXTING?"

On the Jughead cover, it had Juggie with a cellphone in one hand and a hamburger in the other. His quote: "Texting beats cell phones any day--it frees your mouth for other things!"

Jughead was indeed the Queen of King Archie's world.

More
12 May 2009 16:54 #28564 by metalface13
Michael Barnes wrote:

Then BETRAYAL wiped its ass with the toilet paper that is any Joss Whedon script.

You're right, somebody does need to wipe all the crap off of Betrayal. But I'm not sure what would be left since the whole thing is a turd.

More
12 May 2009 16:58 #28565 by southernman
Notahandle wrote:

Southernman wrote:
"Hey - do we get all the shit banners over here in Britland ... I got a Molehill Empire free game with a stupid fucking gnome looking at me."
Are you suggesting that not only has Michael compromised himself by modeling for a forthcoming ATOE expansion, but that he's also doing adverts now?
And that younger looking avatar isn't fooling anyone, old timer!

"Mr Vice-President to you."

My copy needs its first playing ... since I got it unpunched.

More
12 May 2009 17:05 #28566 by Bullwinkle
Michael Barnes wrote:

It's already over Bullwinkle, Buffy got distraught over Giles and Faith hooking up and wound up having pity sex with Jughead. Then a v-v-v-v-vampire showed up!

Seriously? In that case, my mind's made up.

Vote: Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds