October 09, 2023
2518 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2719 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What VIDEO GAME(s) have you been playing?

More
09 Feb 2019 10:52 #291961 by hotseatgames
Bought Battletech in the Steam sale and have played the first 2 story missions. This game is cool! Stomping on things is the best, especially when you use your jump jets to do it. Sometimes the "cinematic" camera angles really suck, though. Anyway, I'm still very early in, but enjoying this one.

Played a ton more Apex Legends, and I love it. Now, playing with 2 friends is infinitely better than playing with randos, but that's a universal truth. It definitely takes a while to get a feel for the different characters, and to build some teamwork. Seeing the level that some people have already achieved, I sit there and wonder "Do you have a job, or even go to school? How???"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Feb 2019 11:42 #291968 by Gary Sax
Yeah, I just downloaded apex legends and hope to play it today. Titanfall 2 is my favorite shooter of the generation so even though I'm sad the wall run and titans are gone, it could suck me in.

More
09 Feb 2019 19:31 #292008 by Scott Rogers
God of War (2018)
Red Dead Redemption 2
Lots of Hearthstone
Cuphead

More
10 Feb 2019 11:16 #292032 by Vysetron
I'd be very curious to hear your thoughts on the new GoW, Scott. For obvious reasons.

More
12 Feb 2019 09:22 - 12 Feb 2019 09:23 #292118 by lj1983
Shadow of the Tomb Raider is on gamepass. If you liked any of the TR reboot games...it's good, just more of the same. As I get deeper into the game, it feels like they've made more of an effort to hide the "marked" ledges, which made most of the puzzles/platforming pretty simple in earlier games.

Affordable Space Adventures - now...this one is awesome. WiiU and would be difficult to do on any other system in the same way. Its 1-3 players, coop. we've been playing 3 players. its a puzzle-adventure game, where you have a small ship that's crashed landed on a alien planet and cannot leave and is trying to find a rescue beacon. 1 player is the pilot. 1 player is the 'science officer' (means you have a flashlight/scanner that shoots flares to press buttons, and scans bad guys). 1 player is the 'operator' who runs all the ship systems on the WiiU tablet. so turns on and off(and sets energy levels for) the fuel engine, electric engine, scanner, mass generator, thrust, antigravity etc. You have no weapons, so most of the game is traversing terrain while avoiding enemies. Each enemy is 'sensitive' to a certain level of heat/electricity/sound generation, the operator is constantly changing levels to avoid the detection levels for the various enemies in the game. In one early area, there's a bad guy who you cannot fly past under power. so the pilot gets some momentum going, operator cuts power, the ship flies by un-powered and then the operator has to turn on power again before the ships crashes is eaten by a 2nd enemy.

looking forward to Crackdown 3 when it finally releases on gamepass this weekend.
Last edit: 12 Feb 2019 09:23 by lj1983.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hotseatgames

More
12 Feb 2019 10:06 #292119 by hotseatgames
If Crackdown 3 gets good reviews, I'll likely get game pass to play it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WadeMonnig

More
12 Feb 2019 10:21 #292120 by Black Barney
Don’t worry, it won’t

I bought Overcooked 2 last night. Emily and I finished the 1st one two weeks ago. Really fun game.

More
12 Feb 2019 11:33 - 12 Feb 2019 11:42 #292121 by lj1983
Any game that gets delayed as many times as Crackdown3 has....I'm skeptical that it'll be great. I'm hoping decent to good
Last edit: 12 Feb 2019 11:42 by lj1983.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Frohike

More
12 Feb 2019 16:44 #292126 by CynthiaCM
I'm all about Friday the 13th. I know it has some crazy bugs and glitches, but it's really just about the only game that holds my interest. I've been playing since the day it was released and still play it every day or two.

More
12 Feb 2019 16:53 #292127 by Gary Sax
Is that the one where a bunch of folks play teens and one player randomly plays Jason?

More
12 Feb 2019 17:56 #292134 by hotseatgames
I played a huge story mission in Battletech, and my main character got injured. Stuck in med bay for 110 days! :(

More
14 Feb 2019 01:44 #292232 by Michael Barnes
Wow. Apex Legends is boring as shit for 90 percent of the time you are playing it. The other ten percent is do-or-die, suspenseful, and thrilling. But then you go right back to the other 90 percent. Boring waiting on the plane, boring skydiving, boring looting, boring wandering around, OMG THERES SOMEBODY SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT well shit, time to join another game.

Fuck this crap. Back to DOOM for me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
14 Feb 2019 08:14 #292242 by Colorcrayons
So... Hollow Knight on PS4.

I haven't had this much fun with a platformer since play Mega Man aeons ago on NES.

The hype is certainly justified.

I sit in awe of it. How can a 3 person indie Dev company put out this caliber of game design quality, and still make it look this good?

I know it's Vogue to rub hard penises all over 8/16 bit graphic games on this generation consoles. But I snub my nose at your waxed hipster moustaches and use this as evidence that a good indie game doesn't have to look like hot garbage that should have been left behind in 1990.

I bought this on sale for 50% off a couple moons ago, but this is worth it at twice full price. I have no idea what took me so long to decide to play it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
14 Feb 2019 08:34 #292245 by Gary Sax

Michael Barnes wrote: Wow. Apex Legends is boring as shit for 90 percent of the time you are playing it. The other ten percent is do-or-die, suspenseful, and thrilling. But then you go right back to the other 90 percent. Boring waiting on the plane, boring skydiving, boring looting, boring wandering around, OMG THERES SOMEBODY SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT well shit, time to join another game.

This is the battle royale genre in a nutshell. Definitely love/hate stuff.

More
14 Feb 2019 08:35 #292246 by Vysetron

Michael Barnes wrote: Wow. Apex Legends is boring as shit for 90 percent of the time you are playing it. The other ten percent is do-or-die, suspenseful, and thrilling. But then you go right back to the other 90 percent. Boring waiting on the plane, boring skydiving, boring looting, boring wandering around, OMG THERES SOMEBODY SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT well shit, time to join another game.

Fuck this crap. Back to DOOM for me.

Well I mean if you're comparing it to DOOM of course it's gonna fall short. DOOM is king.

In all seriousness I actually really like Apex, and not just because I've got a win and a handful of 2nds under my belt. I've always liked the idea of battle royale but Fortnite feels like you're shooting through soup and PUBG is a hot mess. Apex feels great. The "boring shit" doesn't bother me as it just makes the game more tense.

My concern is the depth. What's there is fun but there's not a ton of meat on the bone, at least not yet. I'll be keeping an eye on it.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 1.172 seconds