October 09, 2023
2514 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2712 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What VIDEO GAME(s) have you been playing?

More
01 Jul 2019 14:45 #299095 by Vysetron

Da Bid Dabid wrote: Have you played MK 11? I think its the best MK ever, but not like their games have ever been the best fighters depending on what you are looking for.

I like MK fine, but it's never really been my go-to. I've always been more into SNK and Capcom stuff. Also NetherRealm's recent games all kind of feel the same to me. Definitely fun from time to time though.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jul 2019 15:57 #299099 by UnluckyFrogGaming
I started Maternity Leave this week so have been slowly working my way through the back catalogue of Games with Gold that my husband has downloaded -so far played Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion and Oxenfree.

Also going to play through The Witcher 3 again.

More
01 Jul 2019 16:55 #299107 by boothwah

hotseatgames wrote: I hate crafting. What I wanted was to be able to make my own character, and you can't do that.

But I can look past that, as long as they please, please, please don't make us jump vehicles over chasms any more. Ugh.

Apparently, I haven't poked my head here in a bit and am catching up. This is blasphemy.

CATCH A RIIIIIIIIIIIIDE

/there's a taco in the dash for you
//a pimento taco
///a Pimentaco

More
01 Jul 2019 16:56 #299109 by hotseatgames
Indisputable fact, Borderlands vehicles have always handled like trash.

More
01 Jul 2019 17:56 #299115 by jeb
I played MASS EFFECT, so my take on what constitutes good handling is somewhat skewed. BORDERLANDS is fine.

I loved BL1 and BL2, but I thought the pre-sequel just suuuuuucked. Am I wrong? I am almost scared to head back into these beautiful cel-shaded waters.

More
01 Jul 2019 18:18 #299117 by boothwah
I loved the pre-sequel. Disclaimer: I also like Burch's writing and it was the primary factor in my enjoyment over bl1.

I like the pre-sequel, but a lot if bl2 fans that liked the writing of bl2 thought the aussie humor was too dry (its great.)

Butt slamming and space lasers! I dont wanna go back to bl1 guns. I just went and did the new bl2 dlc, and I hate not having the o2 kits and super jumps.

More
01 Jul 2019 21:04 - 01 Jul 2019 21:07 #299120 by Sevej
I can't stand Borderlands, somehow. Willing to give it a try again, but I've at least had 3 different attempts playing it. The shooting is just ok, the world is annoying (quite, and enemy respawns, with sucky checkpoints), aaaaand stopping once in a while to check the guns is a huuuuge letdown. Not sure why, loved Diablo 3.

Now... Into The Breach. I said it was nifty little game, right? Oh how wrong I was... it was FRICKIN' awesome!!! I had super fun run last night, in which I managed to get all the objectives, but 1! The damn time capsule fall into a chasm! I couldn't get it because if I used a mech to get it, then it would fall to the chasm also. I was thinking to use some clever artillery fire to get the thing and then move my mech away, but it wasn't possible. Such a fun frustrating moment!

Felt like a genius for the whole playthrough. Did some REALLY, complex clever thing with the game.

If you like the idea of telegraphed enemy attack, deterministic gameplay, tight tactical puzzles, I can't give enough super late recommendation!
Last edit: 01 Jul 2019 21:07 by Sevej.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Jexik

More
01 Jul 2019 21:09 #299123 by hotseatgames

jeb wrote: I played MASS EFFECT, so my take on what constitutes good handling is somewhat skewed. BORDERLANDS is fine.

I loved BL1 and BL2, but I thought the pre-sequel just suuuuuucked. Am I wrong? I am almost scared to head back into these beautiful cel-shaded waters.

I think the Pre-Sequel is the weakest of the 3 games, but it has my favorite character to play, Lady Hammerlock. I greatly disliked the oxygen stuff. I didn't mind low gravity.

I love the series, and have pre-ordered the next game. I am hoping for the best.

More
01 Jul 2019 22:35 #299125 by boothwah
I played all the games co op . I think pre seq was bae because :

1. Qol stiff like spawning multiple hovers, off of your buds.
2. Canned legendaries....bl1 guns made the 10 minute inventory dives a slog
3. Pacing and better maps plus mobility
4 -10 CLAPTRAP playing as a 4 person group you have to have one, the same way you needed a Krieg in BL2, but the Clap adds way more silliness than constantly reviving your suicidal arsonist teammate.

More
01 Jul 2019 22:36 - 01 Jul 2019 22:36 #299126 by hotseatgames
I have played all of them solo. I'm sure it's much more fun in co-op.

I loaded up Cultist Simulator. I have NO idea what the hell is going on. I have tried twice, and so far I do not find managing a series of timers any fun at all.
Last edit: 01 Jul 2019 22:36 by hotseatgames.

More
01 Jul 2019 22:55 #299129 by Jexik

Sevej wrote: Felt like a genius for the whole playthrough. Did some REALLY, complex clever thing with the game.

Which squad were you running? Steel Judoka? They probably have some of the best room for clever-feels.

More
01 Jul 2019 23:37 - 01 Jul 2019 23:38 #299131 by Gary Sax

hotseatgames wrote: I have played all of them solo. I'm sure it's much more fun in co-op.

I loaded up Cultist Simulator. I have NO idea what the hell is going on. I have tried twice, and so far I do not find managing a series of timers any fun at all.

Cultist Simulator is great. You can get like 20+ hours out of that thing just via discovery. I haven't returned to it for the new content but I was *obsessed* with the game for about 2 weeks. The rituals and magic are really cool but you have to figure *everything* out. If you run into a wall for long enough that it would stop you from playing more, definitely look it up, but otherwise just mess around. Thread from my high point:

therewillbe.games/forum/video-games/2039...st-simulator?start=0
Last edit: 01 Jul 2019 23:38 by Gary Sax.
The following user(s) said Thank You: siberianhusky, hotseatgames

More
02 Jul 2019 09:46 #299146 by RobertB

boothwah wrote: Butt slamming and space lasers! I dont wanna go back to bl1 guns. I just went and did the new bl2 dlc, and I hate not having the o2 kits and super jumps.

I liked the bl1 guns a lot better than bl2. The bl1 gun generator would spit out some crazy weapons. I remember having an SMG that I picked up at level 17 or thereabouts that I carried for 30 levels.

More
02 Jul 2019 09:49 #299147 by san il defanso
Don't worry, no need to contact the missing persons hotline. I've simply started playing Stardew Valley on Switch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb, Frohike, Ah_Pook

More
02 Jul 2019 10:14 #299153 by Ah_Pook
I put maybe 250 hours into that on the PS4. Great game. I had a pretty baller wine farm at the end of all that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb, san il defanso

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.817 seconds