Front Page

Content

Authors

Game Index

Forums

Site Tools

Submissions

About

Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Connect with other board gamers and organize online gaming here.

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA PLAY-BY-FORUM--SESSION 1

More
02 May 2009 08:01 #27629 by southernman

"We - er, I have run the analysis again and I highly recommend Starbuck looking at getting to Communications and giving those civvies her knowledge of where to move to in a hurry with her two actions."
"I can arrange for Command to send some other vipers after that big raider that is closing on us - and if I can get into the Admirals ear (depending on how my leadership skills shape up on my turn) he may make a better job at directing those vipers than me ... either way we will get at least two passes at it in my turn, hopefully with a bit of strategic planning to assist in the accuracy."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 May 2009 08:48 #27630 by KingPut
Southernman wrote:

"We - er, I have run the analysis again and I highly recommend Starbuck looking at getting to Communications and giving those civvies her knowledge of where to move to in a hurry with her two actions."
"I can arrange for Command to send some other vipers after that big raider that is closing on us - and if I can get into the Admirals ear (depending on how my leadership skills shape up on my turn) he may make a better job at directing those vipers than me ... either way we will get at least two passes at it in my turn, hopefully with a bit of strategic planning to assist in the accuracy."

Commander Tigh: "I hate to agree with Baltar again but his plan actually has a chance to work. Starbuck, do not attack Bravo Sector it's a suicide trap. I repeat do not acttack Bravo sector. We need you in commucations now. We need you to move the Civies from Delta to Echo sector"

More
02 May 2009 10:54 #27634 by Dr. Mabuse
KingPut wrote:

Southernman wrote:

Commander Tigh: "I hate to agree with Baltar again but his plan actually has a chance to work. Starbuck, do not attack Bravo Sector it's a suicide trap. I repeat do not acttack Bravo sector. We need you in commucations now. We need you to move the Civies from Delta to Echo sector"

Starbuck: Starbuck to Galactica, you want me to return home to man the Comm station?

Tigh: Galactica Actual, that's what I said Starbuck, and don't gimme any more of your crap today. You are to return home immediately, copy?

Starbuck: Just to remind you sir I'm a frakkin' PILOT not a Comm officer, why can't Dee or Gaeta contact the Civilian fleets?

Tigh: Cuz half of CIC is down with some kinda Swine flu and also cuz I gave you a GODSDAMN ORDER!!!

Starbuck: FRAKK!..... Acknowledge, returning to Galactica.

Starbuck will discard a card after receiving new hand from moderator (on Monday) and go to Communications.

More
02 May 2009 11:23 #27637 by Dr. Mabuse
On second thoughts, I'm gonna see what cards I get, then make my decision.

Starbuck(to herself): The flu! I'm frakkin full of holes but I'm back in the air doin' my frakkin' job!...I gotta think this through.

More
02 May 2009 13:10 #27640 by southernman
Remember you get two actions no matter where you move to because you started in a viper - so you can move up to four civvies. Take this as an I.O.U for an Exec Order next time you're near/in a swarm of raiders and it's my turn (especially helpful since I follow you).

More
03 May 2009 03:06 #27660 by ozjesting
rule: I am not sure I understand what is happening with Starbuck currently. I thought she was in Sickbay. So the Executive order would allow her to move to "somewhere" and do "one thing". I am not sure where this double action is coming from. Help understanding please.

More
03 May 2009 03:19 #27661 by Dr. Mabuse
ozjesting wrote:

rule: I am not sure I understand what is happening with Starbuck currently. I thought she was in Sickbay. So the Executive order would allow her to move to "somewhere" and do "one thing". I am not sure where this double action is coming from. Help understanding please.

Tigh gave me an XO on his turn, it's now my turn, my special ability is:

Expert Pilot -- When you start your turn piloting a Viper, you may take 2 Actions during your Action Step (instead of 1).

The past few posts are in regards to how I should use them.

More
03 May 2009 03:27 #27662 by ozjesting
I agree good Dr...but I am confused by the "start your turn in a viper". I thought Tigh gave you the XO while you were in Sickbay. Or did I miss something?

More
03 May 2009 04:25 #27663 by Dr. Mabuse
ozjesting wrote:

I agree good Dr...but I am confused by the "start your turn in a viper". I thought Tigh gave you the XO while you were in Sickbay. Or did I miss something?

http://fortressat.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=712&func=view&catid=30&id=26708&limit=10&limitstart=130#27530

More
03 May 2009 05:10 #27664 by southernman
ozjesting wrote:

Tigh XO'd her out of SickBay into a Viper on his Turn. It is now Starbucks's turn and as she is starting it in a viper she gets two actions (no matter where she moves to).

Note: Starbuck's ability can only be used on her turn, thus she can't use it if someone XOs her on their turn (trying to give her three actions).

More
03 May 2009 07:28 #27666 by ozjesting
Thank you all for the help. I should have figured that out from the spreadsheet..and the "Ill wait for my cards before deciding" comment ;) Getting this clearer every post!

More
04 May 2009 09:38 #27692 by Ken B.
END OF TURN

Handsize check:

Helo - 0 cards
Apollo - 4 cards
President Roslin - 3 cards
Admiral Tigh - 7 cards
Starbuck - 2 cards
Baltar - 3 cards

More
04 May 2009 09:43 - 04 May 2009 09:46 #27693 by Ken B.
Turn 5

"Are you SERIOUS?" said Apollo, once the hail from Galactica had finished. "Go back and operate the COMM? Well, I guess the Admiral figures you've got the logistics skills...and a hot temper if those civvies don't fall in line."

"Watch it Apollo, or you'll find out more about my hot temper than you'd like to."

"I consider that a date, Lieutenant."

pre:
Fleet Status

Food 08/08
Fuel 08/08
Morale 09/10
Population 12/12

Vipers 4 Active, 3 in Reserve, 1 Damaged
Raptors 4 in Reserve
Jump Prep 4/6 (-3 Population)
Cylon Boarding None

Galactica (0 Damage)
FTL Control
Weapons Control
Command occupied by KINGPUT (Admiral Saul Tigh)
Communications
Admiral’s Quarters
Research Lab occupied by SOUTHERNMAN (Gaius Baltar)
Hangar Deck
Armory
Sickbay occupied by
Brig

Colonial One
Press Room
President’s Office occupied by DEATH AND TAXIS (President Roslin)
Administration

Cylon Locations
Caprica
Cylon Fleet
Human Fleet
Resurrection Ship

[OZJESTING (Helo) is in transit from Caprica]
[SHELLHEAD (Apollo) is in Sector Alpha]
[DR_MABUSE (Starbuck) is in Sector Alpha]

DRADIS

Action Queue

## Starbuck Draws 2 Tactics!
## Starbuck Draws 2 Piloting!

==> Starbuck : Choose 1 Leadership OR 1 Engineering to draw
Last edit: 04 May 2009 09:46 by Ken B..

More
04 May 2009 09:45 #27695 by Dr. Mabuse
Starbuck:

1 Leadership, please.

More
04 May 2009 09:47 #27697 by Ken B.
Action Queue:

##Starbuck draws 1 Leadership!

Starbuck begins turn in piloted Viper, granting +1 Action this turn.

==> Starbuck: Move/Action/Action

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds