October 09, 2023
2520 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2721 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Any events, cons and meetups can be posted here. There is a link to our Member Map in your PROFILE menu.

What my SECRET SATAN sent me!

More
17 Dec 2010 18:00 #82311 by Not Sure
Heh, Santa Claus Conquers the Martians is a true holiday classic.

One year I was stuck at home by myself and simultaneously one channel had that on, while another channel was showing the MST3K rendition of it. They were about a half hour off in start times, so it was completely bizarre to channel surf and find that stinker seemingly constantly on.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Dec 2010 20:24 #82315 by allismom3
I came home to find a large envelope addressed to me from Satan. In it I find- F*ck This! www.geekdo.com/boardgame/10303/fck-this
I've got the right kind of group that might give this a go at the end of one of our gaming sessions. I also recieved a message from Satan on TOS. He wants me to kill Santa to prove my worthiness. I've got a few ideas on how I can go about doing this. I'll keep everyone posted on my progress.

More
17 Dec 2010 21:52 #82317 by Shellhead
Southernman wrote:

superflytnt wrote:

Game: The Hills Rise Wild
boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/799/the-hills-rise-wild

Well you can cross Shellhead of your list of suspects, you'd have to pry that game out of his cold hands. You did well in the end ... unless there is a cultist curse on the game.

Holy shit, someone gave you The Hills Rise Wild? And a Joe R. Lansdale book? That's quite a score! Congratulations.

More
18 Dec 2010 03:04 #82324 by Forelle
Received a package from Kansas, today. And, as a native Midwesterner, I've long known that nothing coming from that backward hellhole should be trusted. My Secret Satan has sent me:

TwixT (the 1962 3M version in the "handsome, leather-like bookshelf case"); and

Loony Labs' Are You the Traitor?

More
18 Dec 2010 04:45 #82325 by Dogmatix
Forelle wrote:

TwixT (the 1962 3M version in the "handsome, leather-like bookshelf case")

First "grown-up" game I ever played with my pop, so I have a real soft spot for Twixt. (Pops had quite the collection of 3M games--Acquire, Ploy, Twixt, and a couple of others. I still have 'em all.)

More
18 Dec 2010 08:45 #82331 by stormseeker75
allismom3 wrote:

I came home to find a large envelope addressed to me from Satan. In it I find- F*ck This! www.geekdo.com/boardgame/10303/fck-this
I've got the right kind of group that might give this a go at the end of one of our gaming sessions. I also recieved a message from Satan on TOS. He wants me to kill Santa to prove my worthiness. I've got a few ideas on how I can go about doing this. I'll keep everyone posted on my progress.

Welcome to the Fort, allismom3! Glad you could partake in a new evil holiday tradition.

Satan was good to old Stormy. I got me a nice shiny copy of Space Hulk: Death Angel. Satan has obviously paid attention to the fact that my wife won't play "boy games" so I've got one I can play by myself. Woot!

My victim's package will be leaving today. It's a box full of joy (mostly for me because I cleared some shelf space).

More
18 Dec 2010 09:16 #82332 by KingPut
No coal for me, I received a couple of nice card games including Lost Cities (which I've played many times but didn't have a copy of) and CartOuche (which looks intertesting). F:atty Holidays to all.

More
18 Dec 2010 10:05 - 27 Dec 2010 12:55 #82333 by southernman
Southernman wrote:

I have just received a box and a hand written note from a Mr Lucifer. I will wait until the 25th to open it in case I need the extra spiritual assistance as the box opens. Apparently he tried to have Quozl sent over to me (in multiple boxes) but some guy with the tag JC ran interference on that one.

NOTE: Octavian is, of course, in his middle management so was off limits.

After very terrifying dreams and dramatic cold parts in my house I have taken the hint and opened my delivery from Mr Lucifer.
Now I think he may be conflicted between trying to destroy my soul but having affinity with a 'fallen angel' from BGG as the contents of the box were:
- the war-euro (which is immediately defiled after mockingly stealing the name from a MB Gamesmaster classic) Shogun, now I have stated I used to own Wallenstein and enjoyed it so I am unsure of Louie's intentions.
- Space Hulk Death Angel, now this was totally to corrupt my soul as he noticed I had cancelled an order for it recently (due to shit happening) and saw his chance to recruit.
- an early Tom Wham TSR title called The Great Khan Game.
- some ziplock-bag game called Wiz-War (he obviously was cleaning out the final remains of some other poor souls with those last two)... perhaps NotSure can help me ;-)
- and 200+ loose playing cards with a pasted-on game that is going to torment me as I try and work out what it is. All I know is some cards have 'Source:Tom Jolly' on the bottom .... oh the evilness of it.

Ah - the loose cards 'seem' to be from Wiz-War and the two expansions.
Last edit: 27 Dec 2010 12:55 by southernman.

More
18 Dec 2010 10:47 #82334 by Cranberries
Wiz War! Score.

My package arrived yesterday. I didn't even open the outside box for several hours, then cracked and opened one corner to discover the contents were nicely wrapped. I left it in my room last night. This morning I woke up at 4:30 a.m. and I thought I heard it whispering to me. It took an hour of Facebook to put myself back to sleep.

More
18 Dec 2010 10:53 #82335 by moofrank
The Great Khan Game is the winner in that list. It is a superb game, with a few resemblances to Emperor of the Tabletop (the predecessor to Kings and Things).

More
18 Dec 2010 11:02 #82336 by southernman
moofrank wrote:

The Great Khan Game is the winner in that list. It is a superb game, with a few resemblances to Emperor of the Tabletop (the predecessor to Kings and Things).

Yes - from the write-up and comments on BGG it does sound like a little cracker.

More
18 Dec 2010 12:00 - 18 Dec 2010 12:01 #82339 by Not Sure
Southernman wrote:

- some ziplock-bag game called Wiz-War (he obviously was cleaning out the final remains of some other poor souls with those last two)... perhaps NotSure can help me ;-)
- and 200+ loose playing cards with a pasted-on game that is going to torment me as I try and work out what it is. All I know is some cards have 'Source:Tom Jolly' on the bottom .... oh the evilness of it.

Aww, did it have a little cardboard picture of me in it? No wait, that's creepy.

Both expansions, though? Super-score. The second one is pretty rare.
Last edit: 18 Dec 2010 12:01 by Not Sure.

More
18 Dec 2010 12:04 #82340 by southernman
Not Sure wrote:

Southernman wrote:

Aww, did it have a little cardboard picture of me in it? No wait, that's creepy.

Both expansions, though? Super-score. The second one is pretty rare.

Nah - I think it is just a home-brew project, with all the cards printed and then pasted onto standard playing cards ..... just more torment provided by Lucifer.

More
18 Dec 2010 13:16 #82346 by Dogmatix
Man...I may have to send an apology note to my target....

Well...at least s/he'll laugh when the boxes are opened...

More
18 Dec 2010 17:06 #82354 by allismom3
I got a second box this afternoon. It contained a zip lock bag of rice or what looks like rice. I didn't open the bag, but I did feel around and nothing else seems to be in it. Maybe it's part of a ritual he wants me to perform? If it's some kind of message, I've completely missed it.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds