October 09, 2023
2700 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2866 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What Board Game have you been playing? ARCHIVE

More
01 Aug 2009 17:47 #36788 by Notahandle
Southernman wrote:
"You have a club there now ?"
Pay attention! It's fortnightly and I have mentioned it before. Averages seven or eight players; the others seem to favour Jamaica, Small World, and Vikings lately, so far I've managed to avoid them. The simpler Euros tend to be the norm. (Which makes me want to bring a club.)
The topic has been locked.
More
01 Aug 2009 18:15 #36791 by southernman
Notahandle wrote:

Southernman wrote:
"You have a club there now ?"
Pay attention! It's fortnightly and I have mentioned it before. Averages seven or eight players; the others seem to favour Jamaica, Small World, and Vikings lately, so far I've managed to avoid them. The simpler Euros tend to be the norm. (Which makes me want to bring a club.)

My apologies - you had mentioned it along with the comments about the shit they play and their funny time-keeping, so I thought you had ditched them and now have a new group.

Are you going to bid on that Buffy game, or should I and then make a profit selling it on BGG (or give it to you as a apology present for the numerous slurs on your character ...) ?
More
01 Aug 2009 18:30 #36795 by Notahandle
Southernman wrote:
" My apologies"
Cue heart attack followed by collapse over keyboardddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
More
01 Aug 2009 18:40 #36796 by Notahandle
Southernman wrote:
" - you had mentioned it along with the comments about the shit they play and their funny time-keeping, so I thought you had ditched them and now have a new group."
The 'funny time keeping' group was the Oxford group which I ditched, the 'shit they play' group is the Didcot one.
" Are you going to bid on that Buffy game, or should I and then make a profit selling it on BGG?"
Bid away, it's not a game I'm too bothered about so I won't be bidding.
More
01 Aug 2009 18:52 #36797 by metalface13
I've got a Buffy game up for sale.
More
01 Aug 2009 19:37 #36801 by Michael Barnes
Notahandle said: Someone at the local game club brought Race to the Galaxy!

Southernman said: You have a club there now ?

Tom, what he's really saying is "I found somebody in the Eurogamer section of Match.com to hook up with"

Played DINOSAURS OF THE LOST WORLD with Aarontu and Branham...hugely disappointed! 30-45 minutes of pure awesome, then an hour of repetition and boredom. Great concepts, awesome setting, but it just outstays its welcome.
More
02 Aug 2009 02:34 #36812 by Space Ghost
Michael Barnes wrote:

Notahandle said: Someone at the local game club brought Race to the Galaxy!

Southernman said: You have a club there now ?

Tom, what he's really saying is "I found somebody in the Eurogamer section of Match.com to hook up with"

Played DINOSAURS OF THE LOST WORLD with Aarontu and Branham...hugely disappointed! 30-45 minutes of pure awesome, then an hour of repetition and boredom. Great concepts, awesome setting, but it just outstays its welcome.

Sorry to hear about DoTLW. It is kind of like DungeonQuest and Talisman in some ways. Some games are awesome, most are good, and some are horrible -- it sounds like you might have had a horrible one.

This weekend played a ridiculous amount of Call of Cthulhu LCG, Battle for Hill 218, BattleLine and DungeonQuest.
More
02 Aug 2009 03:02 #36813 by Dogmatix
Clash of Arms' Hell of Stalingrad just landed and am trying out the solo rules now.

Holy balls, but this is one fucking bloody game.
More
02 Aug 2009 09:14 #36819 by Aarontu
KingPut wrote:

Aarontu wrote:

jeb wrote:

KingPut wrote:

Monday Night:
Talisman with my daughter. My favorite game to play with her. We had a blast. I need to get replacement strength, will, health markers from FFG or somewhere. I hate the counter they use in my version.

The old one (2nd Ed? 3rd?) used little colored plastic cones you would nest in each other. I thought those were great. Try and track down some of those bad boys.

3rd edition. The new one actually has plastic stacking cones for stats, too, but it sounds like KingPut has the BI 4th edition.

Yea, I bought the BI 4th edition from Tanga for like $19.00. But I wish I spent $40.00 for the FFG version. The only thing I like about the BI version is the "You are Evil cards". They crack me up every time. The FFG evil card just as boring graphics on it. I'll probably track downs so cones or some other marker sometime down the road.

The cones look cool, but I originally bought the BI version and later got the upgrade kit, which doesn't include the cones, but I don't mind; I actually like the little stat pieces that came with the BI version. There's so many of them that I just use them all as "1", and I can stick them on weapons/objects/followers that add to your stats, too. The FFG version doesn't have nearly that many cones.
More
03 Aug 2009 14:17 #36906 by JoelCFC25
At my family reunion in Wisconsin this weekend, I played a few hands of bridge and found myself desperately short of practice. There was some four-handed cribbage and my first games of Sorry Sliders. Late on Saturday night my brother and cousin joined in a game of Cosmic Encounter.
More
03 Aug 2009 19:28 #36933 by Notahandle
Race for the Galaxy.
But also Fortress America - and with the amazing Dewsbery Dice Tower!
More
03 Aug 2009 21:45 #36936 by generalpf
Played Age of Napoleon, which sucked, am currently reading the rules to the old AH game Wizards which I borrowed from my father-in-law. It looks terrific.
More
03 Aug 2009 22:11 #36937 by trif
Replied by trif on topic Re:What have you been playing?
Played Zanziar - a Finnish fantasy adventure game. I'm working up a preliminary findings on it for submission (short version: old skool and clunky in some respects but some refreshing differences to most current fantasy adventure games - reminiscent of the old SPI game Swords and Sorcery in an odd way.)
More
04 Aug 2009 00:19 #36941 by metalface13
trif wrote:

Played Zanziar - a Finnish fantasy adventure game. I'm working up a preliminary findings on it for submission (short version: old skool and clunky in some respects but some refreshing differences to most current fantasy adventure games - reminiscent of the old SPI game Swords and Sorcery in an odd way.)

Finnish? Huh?
More
04 Aug 2009 00:21 #36942 by metalface13
Notahandle wrote:

Race for the Galaxy.
But also Fortress America - and with the amazing Dewsbery Dice Tower!

I played Race for the Galaxy online for a great portion of the day yesterday. You don't need to try and make up for it with Fortress America. Just own it. And don't listen to Barnes, he just voted for Shogun for pete's sake!
Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.766 seconds