October 09, 2023
2515 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2715 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What board games are you BUYING?

More
24 Oct 2019 13:39 #302746 by dysjunct

A Lad Insane wrote: If you insist on playing it, get the updated rules from BGG because they take it from "fuck this thing" to "the drizzling shits."

Is that moving in the right direction? I'd rather fuck a thing than have the drizzling shits. Personal preference I guess.

OT: CAMP GRIZZLY expansions. Went all in. They showed up yesterday and look good. Has what I want in expansions these days, which is stuff that seamlessly adds variety without adding rules.

WELCOME TO YOUR PERFECT HOME. A draw-and-write? I think my mom would like it. It's pretty casual, but has some good decisions about when and where to push your luck. The included score pads are so bright/saturated colorwise that it's hard to see your pencil scribblings. Need to be toned down -- not B&W, but light enough not to make playing the game hard.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frohike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Oct 2019 08:45 #302764 by the_jake_1973
Picked up Andean Abyss and Fire in the Lake for some COIN goodness. Likely will only make it to the table solo unless I can rope a coworker into a game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frohike

More
25 Oct 2019 12:34 #302790 by A Lad Insane

dysjunct wrote:

A Lad Insane wrote: If you insist on playing it, get the updated rules from BGG because they take it from "fuck this thing" to "the drizzling shits."

Is that moving in the right direction? I'd rather fuck a thing than have the drizzling shits. Personal preference I guess.

Listen, the right choice here is to save Rogue Agent to use as kindling when the apocalypse happens. Don't fucking play it. Just use it to build a litter box for your now-feral cat.

This makes me mad that I tried to play it once. David Ausloos has some good ideas. Unfortunately, his rulebooks are ten pounds of monkey shit in a five pound bag.

More
25 Oct 2019 12:47 #302792 by Frohike
I played it. Something about it doesn't stick the landing but I don't remember it feeling like a dumpster fire...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rliyen

More
25 Oct 2019 13:50 #302801 by Rliyen
I've played it, and it's not a dumpster fire. I've DEFINITELY PLAYED WORSE, though.

More
27 Oct 2019 12:40 - 27 Oct 2019 19:56 #302827 by Sagrilarus
Oops.
Last edit: 27 Oct 2019 19:56 by Sagrilarus. Reason: Oops
The following user(s) said Thank You: cdennett, n815e

More
27 Oct 2019 14:43 - 28 Oct 2019 16:25 #302830 by southernman
Well while being stuck at home for four weeks with a frakking painful disc/nerve issue in my neck I got very bored and started looking and forgot not to touch so have various games coming in, some from a few BGG trades, most because they were get deals (and I was bored):

Dune (GF9 edition)
Big Trouble in Little China
Lifeform
City of Kings
Gloom of Kilforth
Relic and the Nemesis expansion (because it was available)
Hit Z Road (because it was really cheap and it's fun)

Also thinking about a copy of Nemesis, well I have Alien (Lifeform) so why not a copy of Aliens ... just means I will need to sell off a a few more shelf toads (all my Wings of War stuff disappearing this week)
Last edit: 28 Oct 2019 16:25 by southernman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Msample

More
28 Oct 2019 08:39 #302842 by charlest
Big Trouble in Little China is fantastic and it's getting very hard to find.

Besides Hit Z Road (which I haven't played), every single one of those games is very solid. Good list.

More
28 Oct 2019 10:41 #302849 by Rliyen

southernman wrote: Well while being stuck at home for four weeks with a frakking painful disc/nerve issue in my neck I got very bored and started looking and forgot not to touch so have various games coming in, some from a few BGG trades, most because they were get deals (and I was bored):

Dune (GF9 edition)
Big Trouble in Little China
Lifeform
City of Kings
Gloom of Kilforth
Relic and the Nemesis expansion (because it was available)
Hit Z Roabd (because it was really cheap and it's fun)

Also thinking about a copy of Nemesis, well I have Alien (Lifeform) so why not a copy of Aliens ... just means I will need to sell off a a few more shelf toads (all my Wings of War stuff disappearing this week)

I have Nemesis on pre-order. Just waiting for it to ship. Wife's going to love it.

More
28 Oct 2019 16:33 - 28 Oct 2019 16:56 #302865 by southernman

charlest wrote: Big Trouble in Little China is fantastic and it's getting very hard to find.

Besides Hit Z Road (which I haven't played), every single one of those games is very solid. Good list.

Had to get Dune after I flicked on a nice copy a decade or so ago and then regretted it (but not the cash).
Too many good reviews on BTiLC and Lifeform and got a nice Math Trade and nice price on them.
City of Kings and Gloom of Kilforth are a type of game we like, co-op adventuring (and your reviews helped) and good prices occurred at the same time again.
And Relic was just a good buy for a fun 40K Talisman (the others in the group all do Warhammer, I'm the heretic).
And Hit Z Road is a quick-ish fun zombie themed road trip card game, and for £9 couldn't resist.
Now to get them played :whistle:.

Rliyen wrote: ...
I have Nemesis on pre-order. Just waiting for it to ship. Wife's going to love it.

I'm still working up the courage, I've got a price-matching for £90 and I'm pretty sure I'll never get it on the secondary market in the next 5 years for a semi-decent price ...

But stuck semi-immobile for a month and surfing most of the day is dangerous - also had a 10" tablet and a battery drill arrive :laugh: .
Last edit: 28 Oct 2019 16:56 by southernman.

More
29 Oct 2019 16:53 #302898 by ubarose
I have Carnival of Monsters arriving on Thursday. I am very psyched to play this some more, and happy that it is arriving in time for our game night.

More
29 Oct 2019 18:52 #302904 by WadeMonnig
Western Legends Blame it came from the tabletop.
Windwalker and High Priests Blame Jack wraith and Charlie
Doctor Who 5th/10th 2nd/6th expansions Blame myself
Tiny Epic Galaxies Blame Jack wraith
Sushi Roll late night mostly drunk no brainer game
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Jackwraith, Josh Look, hotseatgames

More
29 Oct 2019 19:29 #302905 by Gary Sax
Trying to hang back and wait for my spirit island and root kickstarters to come in... probably going to go in on Oath by Cole Wehrle and his reprint of John Company so I'm keeping the powder dry for now.

It has been a miserable semester for board games, I'd be an idiot to buy more, it's just be retail therapy. Too much stress
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cranberries

More
29 Oct 2019 19:45 #302906 by Ah_Pook
I need to actively not buy games right now. And yet, I've been prowling for a reasonably priced copy of Space Empires 4X...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rliyen, Gary Sax

More
29 Oct 2019 20:20 #302908 by hotseatgames

WadeMonnig wrote: Blame ... Charlie

Charlie is to blame for a lot of my purchases. I hate reading his work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: southernman, Rliyen, Cranberries, charlest, WadeMonnig

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.416 seconds