October 09, 2023
2220 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2440 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What MUSIC are you listening to?

More
05 Mar 2016 12:59 #223824 by Shellhead
Sometimes the local college radio station really delivers the goods:

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jexik, wadenels

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Mar 2016 22:56 #224246 by Shellhead
Yes, this guy literally looks like a joke. But give him a chance, he has an amazing voice. Like, Freddie Mercury level of quality. Just listen:

The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
13 Mar 2016 00:14 #224248 by Cranberries
Harry Nilsson sings the songs of Randy Newman.

More
13 Mar 2016 21:37 #224266 by Sagrilarus
Kenny Wayne Shepherd while working in the yard today. Spotify on WiFi was providing it, and it even worked at the far end of the yard on the back side of the house from the router. Quite the stretch.

S.

More
13 Mar 2016 23:55 #224271 by Shellhead

Sagrilarus wrote: Kenny Wayne Shepherd while working in the yard today. Spotify on WiFi was providing it, and it even worked at the far end of the yard on the back side of the house from the router. Quite the stretch.

S.

My sister gave me one of his albums as a present years ago. It includes a killer cover of Fleetwood Mac's "Oh Well", and some pretty good songs of his own.

More
14 Mar 2016 08:37 - 14 Mar 2016 08:45 #224277 by Black Barney
Shell, I woke up with that Royals cover in my head, thanks

I'm sure to have nightmares of that clown coming to visit me in my bedroom with his Lantern in the middle of the night
Last edit: 14 Mar 2016 08:45 by Black Barney.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shellhead

More
14 Mar 2016 08:50 - 14 Mar 2016 10:42 #224278 by Sagrilarus

Shellhead wrote:

Sagrilarus wrote: Kenny Wayne Shepherd while working in the yard today. Spotify on WiFi was providing it, and it even worked at the far end of the yard on the back side of the house from the router. Quite the stretch.

S.

My sister gave me one of his albums as a present years ago. It includes a killer cover of Fleetwood Mac's "Oh Well", and some pretty good songs of his own.

I was listening to Trouble Is, which has a couple of killer songs in a row in the middle of the disk. I love Blue On Black in particular, my kind of blues. They cover Dillon's Everything Is Broken which rocks like hell.

The CD is in the house somewhere but I can't find it. So I freeloaded it off of Spotify instead.
Last edit: 14 Mar 2016 10:42 by Sagrilarus.

More
24 Mar 2016 23:11 - 24 Mar 2016 23:12 #224835 by Shellhead
I have been enjoying some really basic sample/mix tunes lately, while working on a long, tedious project on my computer. Helps the keyboard and mouse work go a little faster. This one has a neat intro, which combines the James Brown Classic "It's A Man's Man's Man's World" with the opening music from the Shaw Brothers chop-socky movies. Is it cultural appropriation? I don't care about that.

Last edit: 24 Mar 2016 23:12 by Shellhead.

More
27 Mar 2016 19:03 #224930 by Grudunza

KingPut wrote: Totally agree with Legomancer on the Hamilton Broadway show sound track. You can down load it on Spotify and other sources. Unfortunately the show tickets are crazy expensive. One of my ring tunes is King George singing "You'll be back". King George sings a song to America that makes him sound like a spoiled boy friend that's been dumped by his girlfriend. Other favorite songs include My Shot, Guns and Ships, and Cabnet Rap Battles between Jeffersonand Hamilton. I'm just finishing the biography of Alexander Hamilton and it's amazing how much of his life they fit into the show.

I've been digging Hamilton big-time. Really amazing work. "You'll Be Back" is indeed hilarious, and that and "My Shot" are probably the first big grabbers, but there are so many great parts and songs throughout. And that ending monologue by Hamilton is *really* powerful. I'm going to be near NYC coming up soon and thought hey, I should go see it... $600 for the cheapest available ticket. Ha, guess I'll just enjoy the soundtrack for now.

More
27 Mar 2016 21:04 #224931 by Michael Barnes
Hamilton is phenomenal. The whole show is outstanding, there's no way it won't sweep the Tonys and play Broadway for the next decade. "Yorktown" and "Helpless" are probably my favorites.

But yeah, tickets are astronomical...guess I'll have to wait until it tours in like 2018 or whenever.

I think we paid about $450 a seat for Lion King back in October...experientially it was worth it in retrospect, but yeah...that was a lot of fucking money.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
27 Mar 2016 22:10 #224935 by ChristopherMD
I'm really enjoying Hooverphonic's new album In Wonderland. They split with another singer so they did all guest vocals on this. It shows in the different styles of the songs. My current favorites are Badaboum and I Like The Way I Dance.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shellhead

More
28 Mar 2016 09:07 #224946 by SuperflyPete
Louis Prima, Art Pepper, Miles Davis.

It's been a bluesy, jazzy couple of weeks.

A lot of people have no idea who Art Pepper is. That's a shame:

More
19 Apr 2016 19:16 #226110 by Chapel
Saw this wickedly cool video. The song goes with it well, but the video...

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr. White, Feelitmon

More
25 Apr 2016 11:49 #226428 by Mr. White
Maybe the only thing of interest to me that came out of steampunk. And I'm not sure how long it'll be interesting, but it's fun this week...

...Chap Hop

"When I say Earl Grey, you say 'Yes, Please!'"

More
04 May 2016 18:06 #226975 by Michael Barnes
I've been listening to some of this so-called "synthwave" stuff that is out there, bands/artists that are name-checking John Carpenter, Goblin, and other 1970s/80s era acts that were doing darker soundtrack work Not quite the same as the "outrun" stuff. Gost, Pertubator, Mitch Murder, Gunship, Carpenter Brut, etc.

They all sound almost exactly the same to the point where I can't really tell them apart. And they all kind of sound more like unusued themes from Airwolf or Knight Rider than something like "Profondo Rosso" or the music from Escape from New York.

Kind of a bust...thought maybe there was something there, but it seems like it's all kids just trying to do 80s action movie music without much actual inspiration.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hex Sinister

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.371 seconds