October 09, 2023
2514 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2713 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Welcome to one of the oldest board game communities on the Internet. That may sound like hyperbole but it really is true.

We are really happy to have you here. Unfortunately, being online we can't bond with you over a game so you'd know right away how happy we are to meet you. For now, you'll just have to take our word for it.

This site has always thrived on lively discussion and spirited but civil debate. We hope that newcomers here will find a welcoming atmosphere where game enthusiasts of all levels of experience and commitment will have something to add to the conversation. You never need to prove your “gamer cred” here. Whether you have been playing board games for a few months or a few decades; whether you have a huge collection or a small one; whether you have been a member here for years or just joined today – your opinion is valued here.

We know that it can be intimidating to jump into a new community and want to assure you that this is NOT the kind of forum where people will tell you that you posted something in the wrong place, or that you should have found an existing thread on the topic, or that you shouldn’t have resurrected an old thread.

So if you find a thread or an article discussion that interests you, whether it is old or new, feel free to jump in. Want to discuss a specific game or board gaming related topic just start a new topic. If you don’t know which forum to put it in, just make your best guess (we really don’t care all that much. It’s easy enough for a moderator to move it or merge it, if necessary).

A good place to get started is by introducing yourself in the “New Members Introduce Yourself” thread (below) or by telling us what you have been playing in the “What BOARD GAME(s) have you been playing?" thread ( therewillbe.games/forum/35-mos-eisley-ca...ave-you-been-playing ).

Have fun, and we look forward to hearing from you.

New Members Introduce Yourself

More
10 Dec 2012 14:50 #139186 by SuperflyPete
Welcome Rafael! And on behalf of the rest of the world, I'd like to personally thank your beautiful country for Alessandra Ambrosio.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Dec 2012 14:58 #139188 by QPCloudy
Run! While you still can!
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuperflyPete

More
10 Dec 2012 15:01 #139189 by Rafael Silva
You’re welcome Superfly, though she’s beautiful I see plenty women more attractive than her every day on the streets.

See, I’ll post a blog entry with charts and graphs that prove that almost no games = lots of hot women. :D

More
10 Dec 2012 15:16 #139190 by OldHippy

SuperflyTNT wrote: Welcome Rafael! And on behalf of the rest of the world, I'd like to personally thank your beautiful country for Alessandra Ambrosio.

I've been to Brazil a couple of times and I still don't know who that is. But I thank them for Jacob do Bandolim who is a personal hero of mine... and had a great mustache that I tried, briefly, to copy.

More
10 Dec 2012 16:09 #139194 by mikko_r
Gilberto Gil, Os Mutantes, Jorge Ben, Tom Ze, basically the whole tropicalia scene. Great stuff.

But screw that. Give me Garrincha instead. Or Ronaldo. Or Ronaldinho. Or Pele. Or Roberto Carlos. Or just about anyone, who ever fielded Brazilian uniform.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr. Mabuse, OldHippy

More
10 Dec 2012 16:38 - 10 Dec 2012 16:40 #139197 by SuperflyPete

Rafael Silva wrote: You’re welcome Superfly, though she’s beautiful I see plenty women more attractive than her every day on the streets.

See, I’ll post a blog entry with charts and graphs that prove that almost no games = lots of hot women. :D

I don't know why anyone gets married down there. Maybe the Catholic influence. Personally, were I Brazilian, I'd remain single and "active" pretty much forever.

JJ: Look her up. Stunning doesn't begin to describe. As a buddy of mine once said, "I'd eat a mile of her shit just to get close enough to see where it came from."

Miko: Fuck the futbol players. The Gracie family trumps them all. Kicks to head > Kicking a little ball around. :)
Last edit: 10 Dec 2012 16:40 by SuperflyPete.

More
10 Dec 2012 16:49 #139198 by OldHippy

SuperflyTNT wrote: I don't know why anyone gets married down there. Maybe the Catholic influence. Personally, were I Brazilian, I'd remain single and "active" pretty much forever.

When I was working there some of the guys kept trying to set me up with women... which of course I was against. I'd protest and say: "uh, guys, I'm married, remember?" while pointing at my wedding ring and I was told, several times: "Those rings are only work in a hundred mile radius".

I stayed faithful thank-you.

More
10 Dec 2012 16:51 #139199 by SuperflyPete
But working in the lab was tough because your arm and hand were all cramped up, I'm sure.

More
10 Dec 2012 16:54 #139200 by Rafael Silva

SuperflyTNT wrote: I don't know why anyone gets married down there. Maybe the Catholic influence. Personally, were I Brazilian, I'd remain single and "active" pretty much forever.

JJ: Look her up. Stunning doesn't begin to describe.

Miko: Fuck the futbol players. The Gracie family trumps them all. Kicks to head > Kicking a little ball around. :)

Pete, as an atheist AND married man I gotta ask you, do you imagine yourself saying "no" to some of this girls asking to spend your whole life with them? I coundn't either.

Mikko, hey, glad to see you know some of our music, I recommend Novos Baianos, specially the album Acabou Chorare. Genious.

And just to turn this around: I'm a big Broncos fan! I dream about this February, in New Orleans, watching Peyton play! Go Broncos Country!

P.s.: I hope to see Brady gashing at Mile High as Von Doom wreck havoc all over him.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuperflyPete

More
10 Dec 2012 17:19 #139201 by SuperflyPete
LOL, good point.

The counterpoint is that while I love filet mignon, I wouldn't want to eat it every day. LMAO

More
14 Dec 2012 22:58 #139644 by maxoftat
I'm not really new, but I thought I'd reintroduce myself.

Hi! I'm Enrique.

- EJ
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juniper, Rliyen, Black Barney, SuperflyPete

More
14 Dec 2012 23:20 #139648 by Black Barney
Go peddle your wares elsewhere, kiki. We're not buyin'

More
17 Jan 2013 10:17 #141695 by scrumpyjack
Hi everyone, I'm a long time lurker (been reading F:AT for... over 2 years now?) who's decided to sack up and start posting. My name is Rice, I'm from Canada and I'm finishing up graduate school at the moment, which is giving me more time to try out some board games. We're still pretty new to the hobby but at the current moment my group is into games like Cosmic Encounter, Arabian Nights, Merchants and Marauders and Space Alert. I look forward to talking with all of you!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, Juniper, Rliyen

More
17 Jan 2013 11:17 - 17 Jan 2013 11:20 #141696 by Hatchling
Welcome, Scrumpy!

Your group is into cool games.

What part of Kanuckistan you from?

Do you think gun control is necessary to stop rampage shootings in the US?

don't answer question 2
Last edit: 17 Jan 2013 11:20 by Hatchling.

More
17 Jan 2013 12:29 #141701 by scrumpyjack
Thanks! I'm currently in Ottawa attending Ottawa U. Actually, part of my reason to start posting is to force myself to get some games on the table that I've acquired but never had a chance to play (like Starcraft TBG, Dune, Twilight Imperium 3 and Chaos in the Old World).

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds