October 09, 2023
2520 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2721 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

LOOK WHAT SATAN SENT ME 2013!!!

More
10 Dec 2013 12:33 #167278 by SuperflyPete
Best SS EVER.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Dec 2013 13:16 #167291 by MattFantastic

Michael Barnes wrote: The Jessica Hahn Playboy. That is fucking hysterical. That might top the autographed picture of Goofy from last year. Well done, Santa!

I still have Goofy stuck to my computer. It wasn't autographed though.

More
10 Dec 2013 13:26 #167295 by Michael Barnes
Eh, in my heart it was.

More
12 Dec 2013 08:23 #167547 by hotseatgames
Satan taunted my most psychically this year, like some foul Daedric Prince. I fear his generosity will have a price in the coming months and years. Upon opening his maleficent parcel, I was treated to the following view:

Attachment photo1.JPG not found

This turned out to be an Olivia Newton John LP. Cursed Beelzebub!

Digging down a ways (Satan likes his packing peanuts), I found another message from Hell:

Attachment photo2.JPG not found

This time, Eddie Money had invaded my home. I blacked out at this point.

Hours later, consciousness returned to me. I steeled myself for what was to come.

Attachment photo3.JPG not found

What manner of ridicule was this? A Jane Fonda workout record, of course. At this point I lost control of all bodily functions. I awoke with my bloodied head resting in a depression in my dry wall. Inexplicably, I had the remains of a Burger King Whopper on my shirt.

I pressed on.

Attachment photo4.JPG not found

This was Satan's final missive. I feared that removing this final barrier would unleash a spectral explosion, forcing my very being down to the depths. But I had to know...

Attachment photo.jpg not found

...and yet, I don't know. What devious plan would drive Satan to provide such a bounty? Enclosed I found the following items:
The previously mentioned LPs. I don't own a turntable.
Cave Troll.
Two small card games called Black Vienna and I think the other is Deuces Die.
Magdar
Adastra
Succession: Intrigue in the Royal Court
Star Trek RPG
World of Darkness RPG
A History of PI... a biography about a famous number!
Werewolves of Miller Hollow, or something like that
Mascarade
Logan's Run DVD - believe it or not, I've never seen this. I'll be remedying that soon.

Thank you, Cruel Satan, for reminding me that I am a mere mortal, desperately scraping out an existence in your realm.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Barnes, jeb, Dr. Mabuse, VonTush, Hatchling, Columbob, san il defanso, mikecl

More
12 Dec 2013 09:44 #167560 by repoman
Nice!

Two super cool things.

Ad Astra I really like. Cataan like but with a cool "action/order" system and...it's in SPACE.

Also, Logan's Run is one of my all time favorite movies. Don't focus on the pre-Star Wars special effects which are somewhat weak. Focus on the story which is fantastic and on Jenny Agutter..hubba hubba.

More
12 Dec 2013 10:44 #167573 by Michael Barnes
Yes, Satan is definitely leading into temptation...Jenny Agutter was established some time ago as the official F:AT dream girl.

More
12 Dec 2013 11:41 #167582 by SuperflyPete

Attachment prepyoanus.JPG not found

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rliyen

More
12 Dec 2013 12:12 #167589 by ThirstyMan
Just been watching Jenny Agutter in the British TV show Spooks (known in the US as MI5) where she plays a devious corrupt cow working in the centre of British intelligence.

She manages to blackmail her way out of going to prison for running fake agents and basically stealing their wages while reporting back to the bosses that they didn't really have any good intel. Interesting seeing her in her 50s playing a baddy.

More
12 Dec 2013 13:42 #167611 by mikecl

hotseatgames wrote: Thank you, Cruel Satan, for reminding me that I am a mere mortal, desperately scraping out an existence in your realm.

Oh man! I had to pick this time of year to move. Seriously jealous here. This is awesome!!

More
12 Dec 2013 20:40 #167660 by Michael Barnes
Satan, how are you going to top that Jessica Hahn Playboy, I'm still laughing at that.

More
12 Dec 2013 20:47 #167661 by SuperflyPete

Attachment Santaevil.jpg not found

Attachments:

More
12 Dec 2013 22:44 #167668 by wadenels
Some horror invaded my home today. I opened it... 'Twasn't the first mistake I've made this holiday season, but I wasn't prepared for the price I paid. I'll post more tomorrow; I'm still a bit queasy and... violated.

More
13 Dec 2013 06:10 #167678 by Matt Thrower

Michael Barnes wrote: Satan, how are you going to top that Jessica Hahn Playboy, I'm still laughing at that.

Does someone want to explain this joke? I looked it up on wikipedia, and but it sounds like a US thing.

More
13 Dec 2013 07:11 #167679 by repoman
It's totally American thing. Don't worry if it doesn't make sense but trust me when I say that Playboy is truly horrible.

More
13 Dec 2013 08:09 - 13 Dec 2013 08:55 #167681 by wadenels
I came home last night to find a package on my step. It looked innocuous enough but I was suspicious all the same. After bringing the parcel inside and a preparatory beer I cut the film that held it shut...

A letter! It starts, "Here's how we've been passing an eternity of torment down here." How does a dark lord and his minions spend an eternity. I shuddered at the thought, but I pressed on...

Taped to the letter were two cards from I believe Wrath of Ashardalon...

I was confused at first, but I decided it not best to question the lord of darkness. In fact what lied beneath shook me to my core. Waveringly, I lifted from the box:

A double-dose of pouty boy lips! I staggered back, but not before I caught a glimpse of the two Linkin Park CDs promised in the warning letter. I fell to me knees, shaking and trembling, and saw... an insulated mug. It was just enough to distract me from my stupor, until I turned it around and saw the logo:

YOU BASTARD! Kidz First? KIDS FIRST? You could have taken Bieber! You could have taken Linkin Park!

And then...

At this point I blacked out.

Some time later I awoke, and after obtaining a recovery beer I gathered my wits and pressed on to find...

I promptly lost my wits.

And then Satan decided to mock me.

Boxed VPG games and Catan Card Game! You wicked evil! I'm too fair-skinned for Africa and you know it! I'm too pretty for the Moon! And square cards are truly the devil's work.

But there was still more...

A cruel jape indeed. The greatest of game designers, Sirlin Himself, has declared this game flawed... Twice! This is the first of three editions, a mere prototype!

But perhaps Satan has decided to spare me after all. I don't know that I could handle the magnitude of genius present in the most polished 3rd edition of David Sirlin's round chip fetish.

Thanks Satan!
Last edit: 13 Dec 2013 08:55 by wadenels.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 1.458 seconds