October 09, 2023
2537 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2738 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What KICKSTARTER(S) are you BACKING and WHY?

More
29 Jan 2022 12:39 #330247 by Gary Sax

Msample wrote: Just got a shipping notice that a 20 lb box of CORE SPACE FIRST BORN is en route.

Dude, yeah, me too. I just put 4-5 games on the sell pile for my local used bookstore so I'm finally actually excited about getting it since I have room for it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jan 2022 15:39 - 29 Jan 2022 15:43 #330250 by Virabhadra

Sagrilarus wrote: And the boxes they come in. Right now there’s a “Kallax crisis” in America (saw the term on Reddit) because new games don’t fit in the official container of the hobby. We are truly in the dark days of gaming.

I'd like to see the faces on these "Kallax crisis" types if they ever got a look at my "Home Depot disaster":

Warning: Spoiler!

I like the idea of Kallax shelving. Several of my games boxes have multiple expansions folded in, and the smaller partitions wouldn't be likely to warp under all that weight. The trouble is that so many of my game boxes are also oddly-sized that I'd waste a bunch of space in the individual nooks (not to mention that there are still some games just won't fit the unit.) There are wildly expensive storage alternatives on KS, like the Box Throne, but they all seem to have issues separate from the price as well. Bespoke storage - shelving units, box inserts, even Game Trayz - almost always wind up seeming too expensive and inflexible for me to bother. I think the answer is that I just need to buy less-shitty shelves.
Last edit: 29 Jan 2022 15:43 by Virabhadra.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopherMD, n815e

More
31 Jan 2022 20:21 #330308 by hotseatgames
Got my Core Space KS yesterday, still putting together all the cardboard terrain.

and just got a ship notice for Nemesis Lockdown. Supposed to come Thursday but the area is due for up to 22" of fucking snow so who knows.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, n815e

More
31 Jan 2022 23:03 #330311 by Shellhead
I have some Kallax shelving units but never dreamed of using them for games. I bought Billie shelving units for games, because quite a few of my games come in coffin boxes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: n815e

More
01 Feb 2022 00:35 #330313 by Msample

hotseatgames wrote: Got my Core Space KS yesterday, still putting together all the cardboard terrain.

and just got a ship notice for Nemesis Lockdown. Supposed to come Thursday but the area is due for up to 22" of fucking snow so who knows.

Same here. CS today, NL arrives the day before the next storm.

More
01 Feb 2022 09:47 #330321 by Gregarius
Got my Core Space over the weekend, just in time for my birthday. I can't wait to play it!
Maybe tonight I'll dim the lights, put on some music, open a bottle of wine, light some candles, and start punching and assembling all the cardboard. Ooooh, yeahhhhhh.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb, Jackwraith, mezike, hotseatgames, n815e

More
01 Feb 2022 11:56 #330327 by charlest
Highly recommend watching the official assembly videos to anyone putting together Core Space.

There's a couple of tricky pieces here, so take your time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Msample, hotseatgames, n815e

More
01 Feb 2022 14:35 #330330 by Gary Sax
Big weekend ahead of me then?

More
01 Feb 2022 14:46 #330331 by charlest
It took me about three hours I'd say to put everything together and get it organized.

More
01 Feb 2022 15:50 #330333 by hotseatgames
I was just building the final piece of my core box for Core Space, and I looked at the piece and thought "oh cool, they put some blood spatter on the art".

No, no, they didn't. I just gave myself a paper cut.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shellhead, jeb, Gary Sax, Legomancer, Msample, Jackwraith, sornars, DarthJoJo, n815e, Kmann, Dive-Dive-Dive!

More
01 Feb 2022 16:18 #330334 by Shellhead
Think of it as your signature on the piece.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hotseatgames

More
01 Feb 2022 16:29 #330335 by Jackwraith

hotseatgames wrote: I was just building the final piece of my core box for Core Space, and I looked at the piece and thought "oh cool, they put some blood spatter on the art".

I literally cannot recount the number of times I sanctified a GW model while trimming or shaping with an Exacto. With most of the armies I played with, it was probably wholly appropriate.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, hotseatgames, n815e

More
02 Feb 2022 08:14 #330350 by Legomancer

hotseatgames wrote: I was just building the final piece of my core box for Core Space, and I looked at the piece and thought "oh cool, they put some blood spatter on the art".

You're gonna have to put it down. Once they get some blood, they get a taste for it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hotseatgames, n815e

More
02 Feb 2022 17:55 #330363 by Ah_Pook
Just got my shipping notice for the new Aeons End Legacy of Gravehold. It's no 40 lbs of minis and terrain but I'm pretty excited about it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb, hotseatgames, n815e

More
03 Feb 2022 09:00 - 03 Feb 2022 12:00 #330379 by drewcula
In the final hours, I pulled back on Final Girl. I'm getting the 'film debut' pledge to test the waters. A buddy is getting the same level, and together, we'll grab different "feature films."

He and I were heavily considering the "all-in" pledge. And then we collectively agreed, "There's no way we'll play this ten "feature films" and all of their combinations enough to justify the cost."

So we're just dipping our toes in, and I suspect that'll be enough. We're horror hounds, and solo play stuff has become more important since we've been hanging out less.

BUT THAT DOESN'T STOP ME FROM KSing MORE STUFF!

On the nostalgia train, I pledged for a low level of Catapult Feud. I was a Crossbows and Catapults nut, and I proudly display my OG Lakeside box in my office. I may have an opportunity to play some more silly dexterity games with family in my future, so I thought this could be fun.

I think I read a Thunder Road Vendetta update that mentions Crossbows and Catapults has been a persistent restoration request from fans. Hmmm... We'll see.

I'll keep my Thunder Road pledge. I'm excited that a different team of designers did the lion's share with it. I'll also keep my bits and boops for Gaslands. But the insta-shelf toad that is SJG's new Car Wars has got to go. Looks gorgeous, especially for SJG, but it's just too big. Too bad it also weighs as much as a Volkswagen. If anyone in the Mid-Atlantic wants to stop by and buy it from me, I'll give a deep cut of MSRP.
Last edit: 03 Feb 2022 12:00 by drewcula.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hotseatgames, sornars, DarthJoJo

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.805 seconds