October 09, 2023
2546 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2741 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× WELCOME TO TRASHDOME!

This is part of a series of bloody matches to the death. Show support for your favorite game so it will do better in the fight. You can support it by writing why you think its the better game and more importantly by betting (i.e. voting for) it. Please make it clear for when I check the bets later. You have until Friday when I tally the bets and declare the winner. I will reserve my bet for any tie-breakers.

Although you should be familiar with both games, there is no rule that says you have to have played both of them. The only rule in Trashdome is this;

Two games enter! One game leaves!

Trashdome - Arkham Horror VS Dune

More
08 Oct 2009 22:08 #44268 by ozjesting
I waited too long...mostly as I hate voting when one of the games is on my "never played" list.

Vote: Arkham Horror!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Oct 2009 08:52 #44281 by Columbob
Michael Barnes wrote:

Lovecraft was a racist.

Now now, let's put things in perspective. Racism was a widely accepted and, should I say, respected, point of view back in the 20s and 30s, you should see some of those early Disney cartoons.

More
09 Oct 2009 11:57 #44303 by The King in Yellow
Aaaaaaarrrrgghghgahgla!
Maddog, with this kind of choice you have inspired a hatred that I have only reserved for Nazi concentration camp guards.

I am an educated Ameritrasher.
Therefore, take my little Dune.

Vote: Arkham Horror.

And burn in hell, you prick.

More
09 Oct 2009 12:32 #44307 by Schweig!
Columbob wrote:

Michael Barnes wrote:

Lovecraft was a racist.

Now now, let's put things in perspective. Racism was a widely accepted and, should I say, respected, point of view back in the 20s and 30s, you should see some of those early Disney cartoons.

Doesn't still make it legitimate though.

More
09 Oct 2009 13:55 #44309 by Columbob
Schweig! wrote:

Columbob wrote:

Michael Barnes wrote:

Lovecraft was a racist.

No doubt.

More
09 Oct 2009 14:05 #44311 by Shellhead
Columbob wrote:

Schweig! wrote:

Columbob wrote:

Michael Barnes wrote:

Lovecraft was a racist.

No doubt.

Heh, talk about a Tragic Kingdom.

More
09 Oct 2009 18:15 #44328 by Mad Malthus
You people are missing the point. Arkham voters are not racist because Lovecraft was a racist (which he was, and a better writer because of it...), no. Arkham voters are racist because they secretly hate Dune being #1. They just can't stand the idea of the Fremen's planet being #1. Effette, politically correct dandy Mike Doyle proved that the Fremen are dark-skinned.

And all you Arkham people just can't stand the idea. Probably because you've been cloistered up in your racist Lovecraft world for too long. You look at a Fremen and you see the spectre of Shub-Niggurath.

Fuck it. I'm switching my vote to Arkham Horror.
Suck it, Barnes.

More
09 Oct 2009 18:16 #44329 by metalface13
Mad Malthus wrote:

You people are missing the point. Arkham voters are not racist because Lovecraft was a racist (which he was, and a better writer because of it...), no. Arkham voters are racist because they secretly hate Dune being #1. They just can't stand the idea of the Fremen's planet being #1. Effette, politically correct dandy Mike Doyle proved that the Fremen are dark-skinned.

And all you Arkham people just can't stand the idea. Probably because you've been cloistered up in your racist Lovecraft world for too long. You look at a Fremen and you see the spectre of Shub-Niggurath.

Suck it, Barnes.

Well played!

More
09 Oct 2009 18:37 #44330 by clockwirk
So is Mad Dog going to call this for Arkham, or what?

More
09 Oct 2009 19:00 #44331 by Schweig!
Mad Malthus wrote:

Suck it, Barnes.

You are joking, right?

More
09 Oct 2009 19:36 #44333 by Amontillado
Aarontu wrote:

Pnumekin wrote:

In fairness, some of the whippersnappers may not have a great deal of experience with the one of the rarest, and oldest, of AT titles. I myself have none, and I'm old enough to have played it in my youth (had it ever been around).

That said, I don't vote for a game unless I've played it. AH is an awesome game, one of the best I've played. I hope to try Dune someday myself. Having not tried both, I'll withhold my vote.

No one ever looked on in the THUNDERDOME and said "Well, the first contestant is certainly a fine and upstanding individual, and I do hope he isn't disemboweled, but I don't know the other gentlman at all so I'll withhold my support for either. Good show!"

Then I vote for fucking donuts. I win.

More
09 Oct 2009 21:06 #44336 by Mad Malthus
Schweig! wrote:

Mad Malthus wrote:

Suck it, Barnes.

You are joking, right?

Suck it, Schweig!

More
09 Oct 2009 21:14 #44338 by Schweig!
Mad Malthus wrote:

Schweig! wrote:

Mad Malthus wrote:

Suck it, Barnes.

You are joking, right?

Suck it, Schweig!

At least I'm in company with Barnes. Avery shouldn't be far, too.

More
09 Oct 2009 21:44 #44339 by Rliyen
Columbob wrote:

Michael Barnes wrote:

Lovecraft was a racist.

Especially Pinocchio.

More
10 Oct 2009 09:03 #44351 by Shellhead
F:AT's own Dune PBEM seems to be moving very sluggishly, even by PBEM standards. Are people getting bored with it?

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds